Profile for Ealdwine > Reviews

All The Pieces
All The Pieces
Price: 6.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I genuinely liked it, 28 Feb 2013
This review is from: All The Pieces (Audio CD)
Like many of the reviewers I've listened to the Levellers for many years and was unaware of this album until it came up as a 'other people have bought' option...

I purchased it with an open mind and was not I feel disappointed like some of the other reviewers it seems. I can perhaps see that if you purchase this expecting a mini 'Levellers' style album you'll feel a little let down. But I really liked the fresh, largely upbeat tracks, it's the kind of easy listening music you can kick back and listen to on a sunny afternoon with beer in hand. It's good, try it, you might be pleasantly surprised as long as you except it's not a Levellers album!

Hubbadillia
Hubbadillia
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 Brilliant Musicians!, 24 April 2012
This review is from: Hubbadillia (Audio CD)
With some really fresh and catchy tracks, I bought this after seeing the 3 Daft Monkeys supporting the Levellers in Norwich. They were different and upbeat with a great worldly sound. I would recommend this album to anyone who already enjoys the modern folk movement, it'll have you toe tapping and jigging around in no time!

=]

Lenovo G770 17.3 inch Laptop - Black (Intel Core i5 2430M 2.4GHz, RAM 8GB, HDD 750GB, AMD 6650 2GB, Blu ray, WLAN, Webcam, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value for money, Quality product, 24 April 2012
I've had this laptop for a good few months now;

Good points I like ;

#Good resolution, sharp and clear screen
#Nice positive keyboard.
#Lockable mouse pad (useful if you are typing essays or use an external mouse!)
#Logging on using the veriface is VERY quick and simple in good daylight conditions needing you only to look at the screen, however it does struggle in the evening in artificial light but you can chose to log in manually by entering a password instead so it's never a problem.
#plenty of processing power and speed (at the time of purchase this was the best spec for the price)
#The lenovo battery power management is also a neat little app, though I have found that microsoft switches it off from time to time. The lenovo app allows the battery to only charge to 50% so protecting the battery from over charging if you're using it plugged into the mains a lot.

The only one bad point - the Lenovo boot optimizer, although an excellent idea, is bugged and at present there appears to be no fix and after a few uses you can find the computer endlessly re-booting - simply uninstall the application to fix the problem and hopefully they will find a fix in the future and it can be reloaded on .. until then, you don't need it as it boots up very quickly anyway. (unlike my old sony)
Oh and with all computers that have shiny plastic bits this Lenovo is a bit of a finger print magnet, but hey it doesn't affect it's performance or functionality!.. .

If you buy this laptop, I don't think you will be disappointed

Arn: Knight Templar [DVD]
Arn: Knight Templar [DVD]
Dvd ~ Simon Callow
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd
Price: 2.69

4.0 out of 5 stars reminded me of 'Kingdom of Heaven', 24 April 2012
This review is from: Arn: Knight Templar [DVD] (DVD)
I liked this film, it told the story well, albeit in a fairly predictable but solid way. It reminded me of the Kingdom of Heaven, also a long film, but if anything I preferred Arn: Knight Templar, although I'm not sure why... perhaps because it allowed you to get into the characters more though you do have to pay attention ...

On the whole, worth a look with a sub 4 current price what's not to like

Barbarossa - Siege Lord [DVD]
Barbarossa - Siege Lord [DVD]
Dvd ~ Rutger Hauer
Price: 3.00

1.0 out of 5 stars It's cheap for a reason!, 19 Dec 2011
As other reviewers have said, the DVD artwork is about the best part of this film, though it bears no resemblance whatsoever to the actual story, I'm not even sure why it has 'siege lord' in the title as their was hardly anything siege worthy in it!

Don't buy this film, buy Arn Knight Templer or something else which is much much much better! This is pure poor directing, producing and acting all the way through - poor show, very disappointed!

Nikon Coolpix L23 Digital Camera - Black (10MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 2.7-inch LCD
Nikon Coolpix L23 Digital Camera - Black (10MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 2.7-inch LCD
Offered by Digital.Camz
Price: 64.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Nikon -not quite so cool pix, 29 Nov 2011
I wanted a decent, cheap, pocket sized compact camera that doesn't skimp too much on features/focus/mpixels etc, that I can take to parties and events and not have to worry about too much compared to my Dslr.

I saw this one, thought the spec for the price was one of the best around, to be honest I've been fairly happy with it but it's not quite as good as I thought it would be and I am sadly a little disappointed.

The biggest disappointment is not picture quality as I wasn't expecting it to be as good as my Fujifilm S4000 although for 10 mega pixels and rave reviews it could be a little better, no the biggest problem is the stupid flash, huge delays between the camera being ready to take the next picture and the fact that it eats batteries :(

I use rechargeables - always have done but whereas they would last absolutely ages in my old fujifilm - they barely last through an evening in this little thing! It's actually so annoying I might disown this little nikon and buy another different make, my friend was using a little compact Panasonic and I was very impressed by the quality of his pictures, just need to ask him how long the batteries last.

Anyway, with the big whinge out the way I'll try and offer a fair over view

It is cheap (but maybe there is a reason for that having bought one) It's very simple to use out of the box, has a very good Zoom and lots of (maybe too many) shooting modes - I tend to just keep it on auto. It takes 2 AA batteries _ liked this cause it means you can always buy them anywhere if you forget your charger or they run out unexpectedly! However it would be great to have an optional in built LION battery too.. (but maybe not for this money) It looks good, not too flashy, nice weight, easy to hold, big clear screen on the back, takes SD cards. It's very hard to accidently turn on with the slightly sunken switch which is good.

In summary - good outdoors in good light

Terrible on batteries and not good images if you want to be taking pictures indoors under artificial light
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 22, 2013 6:57 PM BST

G7th Performance Capo for 6-String Electric/Acoustic Guitar
G7th Performance Capo for 6-String Electric/Acoustic Guitar
Price: 22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars King of Capo's, 8 Nov 2011
I am an upcoming musician (I hope/wish) - Anyway, I play an acoustic guitar a lot and felt compelled to write a review about this little piece of art. I've owned one for many many years and it still works fantastically gripping strongly and producing a good sound when applied.

My only one concern is that after all these years it is starting to wear tiny grooves in the rubber (which I imagine will happen to all Capo's that have a hard life) BUT, I believe I contribute to this myself by leaving the thing on after playing rather than taking it off and storing it.

Expensive.. well not really, by the time you've gone through a few basic 'material' capo's that have stretched on you and you've then got fed up of tweaking the ones with a screw bit on the back - it's money well spent. Just position over the fret, squeeze and play... simples

I'd definitely buy another one (but I don't need to)