Profile for Sarah > Reviews

The Brer Rabbit Collection
The Brer Rabbit Collection
by Enid Blyton

3.0 out of 5 stars Retold in the style of!, 8 Jan. 2015
I bought this for my very dear friend, but was a little dissapointed as the Aurtor of the Brer Rabbit stories didn't even get a mention.
His Name Joel Chandler Harris (1848-1908) .It would have been nice to at least acknowlege who the Aurthor was. But My friend likes the book, thank goodness.

Non-Stop
Non-Stop
Dvd

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 27 July 2014
This review is from: Non-Stop (Amazon Instant Video)
Worth watching, when nothing much on TV

Spearmark Desk Light, White
Spearmark Desk Light, White

2.0 out of 5 stars Its a light or is it?, 26 Oct. 2013
This light is a nice design, though very plasticy. The button to turn it on is nice and big but, has a tendency to stick.
Then you turn it on, OMG was it worth the bother, yes if you want to read by half moonlight.

James Martin Electric Knife ZX773 White / Black
James Martin Electric Knife ZX773 White / Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 26 Oct. 2013
I'm not one for buying things endorsed by celebrities.
But for the money its ok for my intended use of cutting foam rubber for upholstery.
and pretty cheap.

Ultratape Spray Adhesive 500ml
Ultratape Spray Adhesive 500ml
Offered by Goods Wholesale Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Glue for polystyrene foam it aint, 26 Oct. 2013
This glue is really good but not for what I wanted it for.
I saw it said it was good for foam, alas not for the foam i needed it for.

So if you want a good easy to apply glue NOT for polystyrene this is it, though there are cheaper alternatives.

Kenwood HB724 Triblade Hand Blender
Kenwood HB724 Triblade Hand Blender
Offered by Dynamic Sounds Ltd.

2.0 out of 5 stars Big and unwieldy, 8 Dec. 2012
Having seen all the reviews I felt sure this would be the blender for me. How wrong I was, it was much larger than I expected an the variable speed adjustment on he one I received was impossible to move. Not avert we'll thought out design more for show than function. Having said all that the attachments and accessories were all very nice.just a shame about the main piece.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 12, 2012 5:03 PM GMT

Mary Berry's Baking Bible
Mary Berry's Baking Bible

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant clear and precise, 8 Dec. 2012
What can I say it's a Mary Berry baking book. Avert easy to understand book with some great tips, a must have reference book for any baker.

Parked [DVD]
Parked [DVD]
Dvd ~ Colm Meaney

5.0 out of 5 stars A Little Gem, 23 May 2012
This review is from: Parked [DVD] (DVD)
This is really a great film, Great performances by Colm Meany and colin Morgan.
Just buy it you'll be glad you did. Funny, sad, heartfelt, brilliant.

Bosch PCM 8 S 1200 Watt Compound Sliding Mitre Saw
Bosch PCM 8 S 1200 Watt Compound Sliding Mitre Saw

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointing ,I really wanted to like this, 16 Mar. 2012
My old ryobi Saw was coming to the end of its life and I needed a relitvley inexpensive replacement and the Bosch PCM 8 S took my eye and had great reviews.

The build quality was good, as expected, but alas the saw head release button fell off, so I sent it back thinking this was a rogue unit. The replacement arrived and I was looking forward to using it, but again there was a problem, this time with the saw guard release was very stiff and did not make for a smooth cutting action. Also this saw for a 1200watt is quite fierce and would greatly benefit from a soft start motor. all in all not what one would expect from a premium brand. I could of course just be unlucky.

So I'm still looking

JUSTOP JSound 10 Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Headphones / Headset With Built-in MIC, Bluetooth V2.1+EDR Supports A2DP, Noise Cancellation, Up to 20 Hours Play Time, Handsfree Feature for mobiles, for use with Apple iTouch, iPad, iPhone, HTC, Sony, Nokia, Samsung Galaxy etc.
Offered by DigiDirect

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, 4 Mar. 2012
I was under no illusion about these headphones, but I wa pleasantly surprised. The quality is ok, they are just the right side of comfortable to wear.
I was able to connect to my iphone without a problem. The controls situated on the wearers right ear are simple and easy to operate.
Sound quality is what you would expect from a cheap pair of ear phones, though not so bad really.
All in all you get what you pay for.

Page: 1 | 2