Profile for SpaceCowGirl33 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Parissa Strip-Free Hot Wax 120g
Parissa Strip-Free Hot Wax 120g

4.0 out of 5 stars Simply Amazing Results, 14 Mar. 2014
I bought this product to tackle my upper lip hair. I have fair skin with black hair, and although the hair on my upper lip is relatively fine, there is a carpet of it. I was scared that treatments such as waxing/shaving/bleaching etc would add to the problem and make the hair thicker (with the added pain of in-growing hairs). I also considered laser, however the price and high risks of permanent skin damage and regrowth put me off. I also tried natural remedies such as lemon and milk to naturally lighten the hair as I am opposed to bleach, due to the sensitivity of my skin. However, this did not work and actually irritated my skin so I had to stop. I have also tried using make up to cover this carpet of fur I was blessed with, but this made the problem all the worse.

Upon reading all the positive reviews for this product, I decided to take the plunge and buy it. The product was delivered the next day (fantastic if you're as impatient as me). Essentially what you have to do is heat the product over the stove till it turns from solid to liquid. The smell is not the most pleasant (in my opinion) so shut the kitchen doors. You have to apply the liquid wax on when it's a honey-like consistency with the spatula provided (the only negative is the spatula is a lollipop stick which means you don't get precise application). Apply in the direction of growth, allow it to harden slightly and rub down with your finger in the direction of hair growth as you would a standard wax strip and pull against the direction of hair growth. If you have lots and lots of hair like me, I would advise doing a small patch at a time, as opposed to big sections, it's simply more effective if you do a small area at a time and is less painful. I won't deceive you by pretending it was painless, it did hurt and I shed a few tears during the process (however, this pain is nothing compared to pulling a single hair out with a tweezer) and bare in mind I have never waved/shaved my upper lip hair before. The process is a little messy, so do it in your bedroom/bathroom (during the day) and if you heat the wax up more than you need to, and allow it to cool, it saves you running downstairs to re-heat, but as I say, If you're efficient with timing, you shouldn't need to.

The results :o - Hair regrew after 2 and a half weeks.
The hair WAS NOT THICKER OR CORSER than before, and there were NO IN-GROWN hairs.
Slight redness after waxing, which was gone after 20 minutes (providing you use the soothing oil which comes in the pack).
Skin was smooth, no swelling and no uneven skin tone.

In between waxing, I honestly believe it's reduced hair growth, and iv'e used the product three times now. Hair does grown in between waxing, but it's fine and sparse so I don't notice it much. I wouldn't advise plucking the hair with a tweezer between waxing, simply because the hair will start growing out a different times, and you will find yourself waxing more often, just allow it to grow out to the point where it needs to be waxed again.

Oh, in addition, this product tackles very short to longer hair length. Also, there's nothing wrong with having facial hair, we all do (men and women), some more visible than others. My facial hair was bothering me, but i'm not suggesting it is a must to remove it, it's just an option and it's had a positive effect for me which is why I have written this review. The best thing about this product is not that it removes the hair (without removing your skin etc) it's that it doesn't add to the problem, it manages it, but it won't magically stop hair growth all together!

Marimo Moss Ball
Marimo Moss Ball
Offered by Aquarium Plants

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC :D, 2 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Marimo Moss Ball
Just some reasons why I gave this a 5 star rating:

1. Ordered on tuesday, arrived wednesday morning. You can't complain with one-day delivery.

2. Excellent condition, no damage, reasonable size, vibrant mossy colour :p

3. Did not require prior soaking, can be immediately added. Note, if it does not sink, let it float for a couple hours, then give it a squeeze under water, does the trick, settles right at the bottom.

4. My fish love it, granted my tiger barbs did nibble it at first, they soon realised it's comfy qualities and seem to use it as a cushion.

5. This is a genuine Marimo Moss Ball, there are however people selling fake Marimo Moss Balls, which are usually Java moss or another kind of algae.

6. You can propagate these by splitting them into smaller balls, which will grow!

P.S. You only receive one ball, the image is for illustration purposes only.

Non Return Valve For Pond Airpump Line or Aquaium Pump Airline
Non Return Valve For Pond Airpump Line or Aquaium Pump Airline
Offered by PeakPit

5.0 out of 5 stars Very discrete, easily applied, value for money, 24 Aug. 2013
This is superb, does the job, protects your air pump if the power should ever go out. This easily connected to my air line hose, and work superbly with my tetra air pump. It's super cheap, ordered on thursday arrived on saturday, what more could I ask for?

3m Fish tank Aquarium Air Line hose airline + 2 airstones
3m Fish tank Aquarium Air Line hose airline + 2 airstones
Offered by Finest Filters

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase, 24 Aug. 2013
I ordered this to accompany my tetra air pump, which it fits superbly, the length, 3m, is suitable for my tank, but I would always check if this appropriate for yours. The air stone is brilliant, although I have ordered a bubble wall separately, this is super fantastic also, I will upload an image, so you can judge for yourself. Cheap, ordered on thursday, arrived by saturday morning, more than satisfied!

Tetra APS50 Air Pump
Tetra APS50 Air Pump

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 24 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Tetra APS50 Air Pump (Misc.)
I have a 50litre aquarium, and this certainly does the job, nice outflow, pretty quiet, well in fact, very quiet. I initially plugged the air pump in, with nothing else, and the noise was loud, and irritating, but once I inserted the airline hose (not included), the air outlet nozzle (included) and most importantly the check valve (not included, but prevents back flow into the pump is power goes out) all was fine, very quiet. Ordered on thursday, delivered saturday morning, what else could I have asked for?

Sourcingmap Aquarium Suction Cup Airline Tube Holders, 20 Pieces
Sourcingmap Aquarium Suction Cup Airline Tube Holders, 20 Pieces
Offered by Viskey(From HK, 15-35 days delivery)

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE THIS, 23 Aug. 2013
These are absolutely fantastic, they easily adhere to the tank, blend in seamlessly and were ready for instant application!! I actually used them to replace the suction cups on my thermometer, which had loosed over time and lost their 'suction'. But they also look fantastic when used for managing external wires and tube linings! Worth the money, arrived the next day in very neat packaging!!

API Tropical Fish Starter Kit
API Tropical Fish Starter Kit
Offered by Pet-Bliss - Delivering WORLDWIDE

2.0 out of 5 stars Stress Coat vs Stress Zyme dilemma, 22 Aug. 2013
Here's my issue. Stress coat is good for de-chlorinating water- and this specific quantity is good for small aquariums. I bought this as a tester.

Stress Zyme's claim to hold beneficial bacteria, is rather misleading (FOR THOSE ATTEMPTING A FISHLESS CYCLE). Aquarium bacterium cannot survive at room temperature, and its not the same beneficial bacteria found in stress zyme. Secondly, relying on external sources of bacterium means the aquarium is non-self sufficient, relying on another source. The majority of company's selling these 'add fish instantly' products, are very misleading, you only have to type stress zyme or nutrafin cycle reviews on the internet (bar amazon) to know, that most in the hobby would strongly advise against it's application. Aquariums often go into small uncontrolled cycles, which is not helpful for aquarists.

Hagen Nutrafin Aqua Plus 500ml
Hagen Nutrafin Aqua Plus 500ml
Offered by aquacadabra

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for making aquarium water safe, 22 Aug. 2013
Although it made the aquarium water cloudy, after 24hrs this went. It serves its purpose, which is to remove chlorine and chloramine, making tap water safe. in terms of value for money, its fantastic, considering it treats up to 2000L. Comes with a nifty cap, to measure from 5ml to 25ml. I'd say it's equivalent to Prime, but is much better than API Stress Coat.

WOMENS LADIES FAUX LEATHER WET LOOK PVC THIN BAND SHORT SKATER SKIRT BLACK WET LOOK - Thin Band PVC Skater Skirt SM 8-10
Offered by Miss Attitude UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, 22 Aug. 2013
(small size)

Pro's

The actual material is decent quality.
Looks rather chic.

Con's

The elastic at the top had a hole where it should have connected to the skirt, minor, and easily amended, but still a flaw nonetheless.
The skirt is very puffy, and makes you appear much bigger.
The skirt is in fact rather long, and I'm 5ft10", still, it came just above the knee, which isn't very flattering, but it is possible to roll it up slightly, without looking matronly.
Kinks left in the fabric from being folded from pnp won't seem to go away :/

Fior Adora 8 Den Beautiful Top Patterned Sheer Leg Stocking (Medium, Black)
Fior Adora 8 Den Beautiful Top Patterned Sheer Leg Stocking (Medium, Black)
Offered by Simply Hosiery Online Limited

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 22 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Fiore Stockings Adora (Apparel)
Tore upon the first use. Awful quality, you're better off spending more money, but retaining quality, and therefore the lifetime of the product. This was useless upon first use.

Page: 1 | 2