Profile for Kaz > Reviews

Content by Kaz

Kaz

Creative EP-630 Noise Isolating Earphones (Black)
Creative EP-630 Noise Isolating Earphones (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Worthy investment ;), 25 July 2008
I was on the lookout for a cheap pear of headphones that i could take on travels and not worry about too much if they got lost, so picked up a pair of Creative Labs EP-630/A as they seem to fit the bill.

Boy was i surprised when not only did they offer a cheap alternative to the more expensive models from Sony and Sennheiser but they also surpassed my regular use "Sennheiser CX500" in both affordability and quality of output.

Overall a well worth investment..

Sennheiser CX 500 - High Quality Noise Isolating Ear-Canal Headphones With Volume Control - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Cable noise!, 24 July 2008
Was looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones for a reasonable price.
The good: Sound quality is good though a lot more hushed than my cheaper headphones.

The bad: Cable noise, cable noise and more cable noise.. these headphones pick up every tiny bit of cable noise from simple banging the cable up against a desk for instance or worse yet against your own jumper whilst running (providing every track with the CX500's own drum and base concert), which to me was the final straw and why I decided to go back to my old creative (much cheaper) headphones for running..

nb. the cable isnt designed for behind the head use..

SONY PRO MDR7506 Headphones Pro closed
SONY PRO MDR7506 Headphones Pro closed
Offered by Take a Bite

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 24 July 2008
Was looking for a 50-150 pair of good quality closed headphones,
I read a lot of reviews before finally deciding on the Sony MDR7506 (Amazon.com, Google .etc) and I have to say they don't disappoint, these headphones sound great and are very comfortable (though give them a week to break in), I use them all day long and even whilst running on my treadmill as they stay-put and don't jump around.

I could name 30 different alternatives I looked at during my search but the few I narrowed the search down to (based purely on reviews) were the Sennheiser HD280pro (my second choice), Beyerdynamic DT770, Beyerdynamic DT 235, Sony MDR-V600 and the Sony MDR-7506.

The only down side to the Sony MDR-7506 to me was the lack of soft ear-pads (which is a personal choice), but I found even this to be easily fixed in the form of "Beyerdynamic DT250 Replacement Ear Pads" that are perfectly compatible and interchangeable with the Sony MDR-7506 Ear-pads, which was a superb find providing both quality and comfort.