Profile for Tiff73 > Reviews

Content by Tiff73

Tiff73

Concord Spin Highchair (Green)
Concord Spin Highchair (Green)

5.0 out of 5 stars Clever design, perfect for small spaces, 23 Jun. 2012
I spent many hours looking for a compact highchair for our small flat. The 'spin' ticks all the boxes in this respect. It looks good, we keep ours up and it sits at the breakfast bar like a regular chair when not in use, saving even more floor space. I find it easy to clean (although the harness straps are not removable so may become stained over time). I actually returned the green one because It didn't have a cushioned seat cover, which is reflected in its lower price. Instead I purchased the brown/lava which has a black seat cover (v comfy, easily wipes clean and is machine washable), it has an improved mechanism to fit the tray to the chair but minus the travel bag! Shame because the travel bag that came with the green was really useful and sorely missed. Slapped wrist Concorde, bring back the travel bag!

Tiny niggles; the tray is compact and doesn't have a lipped edge so I spend a lot of time retrieving toys from the floor. I guess this can be overcome by removing the tray and pushing the chair up to your table - it has four height settings so should fit most, however baby doesn't quite reach our breakfast bar so you need the tray attached to discourage baby teething on and head butting the edge of breakfast bar, Bless him! I would have preferred a 5 point harness and still mourne the travel bag. Overall a practical, quality product that is ideal for small spaces and easily folds down small and light for travelling.

Horehound
Horehound

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy it!, 4 April 2011
This review is from: Horehound (MP3 Download)
Chances are you're probably only thinking of buying this because of Jack White's involvement...the bottom line is that if you liked the White Stripes you'll probably like this. It's still got the rough feel and raw blues edge of the White Stripes and is in some ways a natural successor to Icky Thump; more so than The Raconteurs who I find a bit too polished. There are some real crackers on this record plus a couple of weaker ones but what album doesn't have that? Plus, it's only three quid so what have you got to lose?!