Profile for Gail > Reviews

Content by Gail

Gail (Paola Malta)

Page: 1 | 2
Pure Green Coffee Bean Extract 5000mg (90 Vegetarian friendly capsules)
Pure Green Coffee Bean Extract 5000mg (90 Vegetarian friendly capsules)
Offered by Hectic Lifestyles

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the health risks, 17 Feb. 2015
I've been taking this for a week now. i feel I'm putting on more weight and not losing it. I also feel more anxious, depressed and suffering from heart palpitations.

FYI, I do work out regularly and eat normally.

Grizzly Salmon Oil for Dogs 1000 ml
Grizzly Salmon Oil for Dogs 1000 ml

1.0 out of 5 stars Pricey!, 27 Mar. 2014
Overpriced and seen no difference whatsoever. You should also be careful that the oil does expire once opened so make sure you use it right away.

Dorwest Herbs Scullcap and Valerian Tablets for Dogs and Cats 200 Tablets
Dorwest Herbs Scullcap and Valerian Tablets for Dogs and Cats 200 Tablets

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed!, 27 Mar. 2014
I have a very hyperactive pomeranian and he's been consuming these pills every day for the last 7 weeks. There's been no effect. Utterly disappointed!

Artists Rifles
Artists Rifles

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly gorgeous!, 9 Jan. 2004
This review is from: Artists Rifles (Audio CD)
The band is totally obsessed with World War 1. It's obvious throughout the record, the way it starts, the way it ends and even the lyrics give it away. "I'm a dead bird on the gravel" is just one example.
To be honest, when I first laid my hands on this album, I was not very enthiusiastic about it. I even thought about throwing it in the back of the wardrobe but once I actually put the CD in the stereo, I was quite surprised. It was nothing like I've ever heard before. It's quite mysterious and deep, you feel like you're going back in time, totally absorbing the music into your veins.
The first track that hit me hard was "No Closure", thanks to a friend who introduced me to them. The song is utterly gorgeous and breath-taking. The only sort of complaint I have is that the album is quite short- 47 minutes I think.
I wouldn't want to spoil it by telling you all about the album. I'll just say that "Return to the sea" is a song you'll love for sure. So get up and go buy it now.

Grace
Grace
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Beware- Withdrawal sympthoms as soon as you press "Stop", 4 Feb. 2003
This review is from: Grace (Audio CD)
What is wrong with you?! You still haven't got this album yet, what are you waiting for? This CD has been glued to my stereo for the past year. Yeah, it's that good! But I have to be honest not everybody managed to get right into it straight away. The thing about Jeff Buckley is that he never was the kind of guy who wrote songs with, bridge and chorus kind of songs. He wanted Art and Art he gave us through the sorrowful and poetic lyrics he wrote. You'd be drooling over him by the end of the album and crying about such a terible loss. The famous "Halleluljah" we'll make you cry, as his voice full of passion touches your very own soul. Again, I won't go into details about each song so this will be a revelation for you. Jeff Buckley is one of those artists the world will forever mourn. He died when he was just 30. However not many people knew about him when he was still alive and well. They, like myself discovered him much later and cherish every song made by him. Sadly, he only released one album during his lifetime, but beware you might become addicted to it. You might experience some withdrawal sympthoms as soon as you press "Stop" and are about to leave for work.
Get it! You won't see this album as any other album that's for sure. Jeff wanted to be perfect for everybody to hear. This is truly a unique album by a unique artist. Jeff Buckley, thanks for your music. You've changed our lives.

Laura Pausini
Laura Pausini
Offered by Direct Entertainment UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Let's bring back Nostalgia, 3 Feb. 2003
This review is from: Laura Pausini (Audio CD)
I bought this album ten years ago when I was just 10 and fell in love with it. Years passed by and found this album in my collection, I got it out and played it. You'd think you wouldn't listen to the same music you listened to when you were a kid. You are so wrong!! The album is full of ballads and even if you don't understand italian you will be bewitched by these romantic yet infectious songs. I must admit though that understanding italian could prove to be an asset here as you will understand the lyrics, know what she is singing about and agree with her.
Songs like "Non c'e`", "La Solitudine" and "Dove sei" have had italians singing them for ages. Everybody knows that Laura has a powerful voice that could leave an imprint in your soul. You shouldn't be reading this right now. You should be wondering why you haven't got this album yet. Let's invite nostalgia!

The Grace Ep's
The Grace Ep's
Offered by FastMedia "Ships From USA"

4.0 out of 5 stars You need as much as you can from this man, 10 Nov. 2002
This review is from: The Grace Ep's (Audio CD)
As a dedicated Jeff Buckley fan I wouldn't dream of dissing anything made by him. He had a voice of an angel and every time he sang he could lure you into some kind of ecstasy. Inevitably we cannot help but compare him to his father Tim Buckley who both shared the same voice range, looks and talent.
Unfortunately he only released one album "Grace" while he was alive and a few couple of singles hence this Box set. After all this time since the debut album in 1994, the singles have been re-released for those late comers and this in a way should be a treat. This will be released alongside another album full of previously unreleased tracks called "Songs to No One".
But I have to be honest here, for all the work Jeff had done during his lifetime, and for all the songs he had written, not many were recorded and laid on records forever. Hence the inevitable and common B sides. What I mean is, as you can see the B sides are different versions or live versions even of songs from "Grace"...well most of them that is. Though we can say that every time Jeff sang he would lose himself in his music, giving you his very best, could make anybody fall in love with that divine voice. So my opinion would be, if you're not a fan of Jeff get his album "Grace" and these singles and if you already are a Jeff fan and have his album, get them anyway, you need to have as much as you can from that man. You'll have something to make your life better and something that shall "hang inside your soul forever".
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 19, 2014 9:45 AM GMT

Time Changes Everything
Time Changes Everything
Offered by best_value_entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars Singing's good for Squire, 8 Nov. 2002
This review is from: Time Changes Everything (Audio CD)
So if you are a Stone Roses fan and were not much impressed by Ian Brown's offerings then this must be it. John Squire was the guitarist and songwriter in the Stone Roses and pretty much the driving force of the band so when he left the band and formed The Seahorses the rest of the Roses were pretty much doomed. Of course, they tried to mend what was broken but John Squire was one in a million.
So after all this long time he decided to devote himself to singing and to give it a go, considering that his voice was not all that bad he decided to do the album as a Solo, no band, no band title to fall under, no anything. Just him, plain and simple. And that worked out fine.
The album is a melodic piece of art, and you can sway yourself to this music, his voice a bit raw and rough but overall nothing to complain about. The beautiful "Welcome to the Valley" has the most amazing opening riff that I've ever heard coming from Squire and it could start off your day pretty nicely. I could go into detail about each and every song but that would spoil your surprise. If you have some extra money for your leisure go and get this album and if you're not a Stone Roses fan, what are you waiting for? Get the Roses albums first and then Ian's and John's. You have plenty to keep you entertained all year round. Now imagine the Roses reuniting and Ian and John fighting over who's going to be the lead vocalist. Think about it! I think it's feasible :)

Dream Brother: The Lives and Music of Jeff and Tim Buckley
Dream Brother: The Lives and Music of Jeff and Tim Buckley
by David Browne

5.0 out of 5 stars You'll cry, you'll laugh, you won't put this book down!, 8 Nov. 2002
Having fallen in love with the album "Grace" by Jeff Buckley I couldn't help or hold myself back from buying the book "Dream Brother". After all, as a fan one would like to know about the background of this talented singer and his life before his untimely death. Even if you're not a fan of Jeff Buckley but a fan of his father Tim Buckley, this book is a treat as it has a biography on the lives of both artists. The book goes really ind epth and has interviews with several people even childhood friends of Jeff. I just couldn't take it off my hands but I have to admit I took it rather easy on reading this book as it was really enjoyable. We tend to resent anger at Tim, not understanding why he was doing what he did and feel pity for the charming and talented Jeff wondering why his father just didn't take care of him as he was supposed to. Honestly though I found it hard to concentrate on the Tim Buckley chapters as lots of other unknown to me artists were mentioned.
As a bonus we also get to understand the meanings behind the lyrics and towards the end cry as we read about the death of both artists.
Such a sad story of glories and depression, how the music buisness can change your life either in a good or in a bad way, a case of gaining and losing. Just can't help but ask why such good artists with such good talents had to die an early death. It's hard to find good music like that. So go out and buy this book. You shall be touched!

Hello Pig
Hello Pig
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a good band, so very underrated, 22 Oct. 2002
This review is from: Hello Pig (Audio CD)
When I first bought the "Mouth to Mouth" album by the Levellers, I was a bit sceptical since there wasn't much publicity going on about the band. Since then I've listened to that album several times and have to declare it as one of my ultimate favourites. The first time I heard "Hello pig" I thought it sounded a lot like the Beatles but with the Levellers touch. Needless to say there are a lot of tunes that will make you cry with joy that you have bought this album. I couldn't help but comparing "Voices on the wind" to Elation from the "Mouth to Mouth" album- Seems like they've copied the idea of mystery and of a man suffering with loneliness. Then there's the wonderful "61 minutes of pleading", very dramatic. But if I were you I'd start listening the album from track number 7 onwards and then start off with the first tracks. Just starting the album from the beginning might put you off it. Hopefully the Levellers are here to stay and will produce several good albums as this one.

Page: 1 | 2