Profile for Sammee (I Want To Read That) > Reviews

Content by Sammee (I Want...

Sammee (I Want To Read That) (UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Clipped Wings
Clipped Wings
by Helena Hunting

4.0 out of 5 stars Good!, 10 May 2014
This review is from: Clipped Wings (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really liked the characters in this and both of their back stories. The romance was great too - I thought Hayden and Tenley had great chemistry. I didn't quite understand Tenley's need to hide what had happened to her but hopefully that will be something explored in the sequel (unless I just missed the point in this one?)

Some of the plot lines seemed a little over dramatic - but I was enjoying the story so I really didn't care. I will definitely be picking up the next in the series! With the ending to this one it makes it an absolute must read - I need to know what happens next to Hayden and Tenley!

Peacock [DVD] [2010]
Peacock [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Cillian Murphy
Offered by The Happy Zombie

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 5 April 2014
This review is from: Peacock [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Unfortunately, despite a really excellent performance from Cillian Murphy, I just couldn't get into this film. I just felt that it relied too much on Murphy's performance - I would have liked more of a storyline. I wasn't that invested to be honest so the ending lost all the impact that it probably should have had. A shame as the cast is brilliant with great performances by all.

Weetabix Strawberry Breakfast Drink 250 ml (Pack of 8)
Weetabix Strawberry Breakfast Drink 250 ml (Pack of 8)
Offered by Ecommerce Trade

3.0 out of 5 stars Taste nice, 13 Mar. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really like the taste of these and are definitely nice as far as milkshakes go. They are very sweet (probably due to the high sugar content per serving) but I didn't find them particularly filling so I don't think I'd want to have them as a breakfast alternative - but as I said - I can't fault the taste and I'd be interested in trying the other flavours.

River Road (Sentinels of New Orleans 2)
River Road (Sentinels of New Orleans 2)
by Suzanne Johnson

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun., 20 Feb. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm really enjoying this series and it was great to catch up with DJ and co. I liked that it was set a few years after the first book - it meant that the relationships had move forward more - and I have to say I am actually really enjoying the 3 love interests! Yes I do have my favorite (let's just say I know exactly who I'd like to play ball with...!) but I like the way DJ is conflicted - it makes the whole will they/ won't they thing a bit more interesting. Plus I really like all three.

This outing is much more action packed - I really enjoyed it - plus it was really funny in places too (the pink Gandalf thing? I was crying with laughter!) I also like the way they have both been self contained stories - they were resolved in the end but at the same time I was left wanting more and there were still unanswered questions (yes Rand I'm talking about you!)

Can't wait to read the next in the series!

Philips Disney Princess Snow White Children's LED Candle Night Light
Philips Disney Princess Snow White Children's LED Candle Night Light
Offered by Dewan online store

4.0 out of 5 stars I Like it, 8 Feb. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is good and easy to use. It charged via the USB port on my computer and lasted the night (it didn't say how long to charge it for so I charged it for about 2-3 hours and that seemed to do the trick) I really like the way it flickers like a candle and gave off a faint glow - not too bright but enough to give a small amount of light to a room. It would be great for a children's bedroom. Recommended.

Storm and Stone: Struck
Storm and Stone: Struck
by Joss Stirling

3.0 out of 5 stars 3.5 Stars, 7 Feb. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I liked this - I'm a big fan of Joss Stirling's other books so I had a good idea of what to expect and mostly it delivered. I really liked the characters and the plot (although I did find it a bit predictable I still liked seeing it all play out). And once the action really kicked in I was completely hooked - but there were a few places where I thought it slowed done a bit too much. But at the same time it does set up the book for more - I'm assuming this is a series? It definitely feels as if it could be - with great world building for both the characters and the YDA so that's good. I'll be picking the the next in the series if there is one.

Golla Vincent Cover for Kindle and Kindle Paperwhite, White
Golla Vincent Cover for Kindle and Kindle Paperwhite, White

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 7 Feb. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I must admit when I first got the case I thought there was no way my kindle would fit! But I was definitely wrong! The design is great - the kindle fits in securely - I'm not usually a fan of the straps going over the corners as they don't feel secure - but in this case they work brilliantly. The kindle feels safely strapped it! And the kindle is very easy to get in and out of the case too so if you decide you prefer reading the kindle outside of a case (as I do) you can without too much effort.

The padding is on both sides too so the front and back feel protected and it has the strap to close it all securely (what is it about the recent kindle cases that don't have this?) - and I love the design of the cover. Plus it doesn't smell (like my last case - boo ya!) All in all it's just what I was looking for.

Max Factor Excess Volume Mascara 1x 20 ml Black
Max Factor Excess Volume Mascara 1x 20 ml Black
Offered by camelliashop

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, 7 Feb. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The mascara itself is good - I like the way it feels and went on - not too heavy or gloopy (which I find a problem with a lot of the mascaras I have tried) but I really dislike the design. It's really big so when you use the wand it's is hard to get it at the angle you want without pressing it against your face (and if you are a bit messy like me you'll end up with mascara where you don't want it!) I understand why the design is the way it is though - the idea is you use one end first, then the other so I'm not sure how they can change it unless they put it in 2 thinner (or longer?) packaging. Maybe it's just me being a bit cack-handed? But worth considering.

Red Rising
Red Rising
by Pierce Brown

4.0 out of 5 stars 4.5 Stars, 15 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Red Rising (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is so good! I had no idea what to expect when I began reading - Dystopian? Science fiction or fantasy? Well I'm still not sure but it is so, so good. I was completely gripped!

I loved the way it was written - the voice the author gives to Darrow not only makes it a pleasure to read but also makes the book work on another level by making what Darrow is doing that more believable - it's so eloquent, intelligent, and full of details and insights that really make the story great. And Darrow great as well - someone worth investing in. I was completely immersed in his world, his journey, I didn't want it to end. I can't wait to read the next installment!

Definitely recommended!

The Greatest Love Story of All Time
The Greatest Love Story of All Time
by Lucy Robinson

2.0 out of 5 stars Not my cup of tea, 15 Jan. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Unfortunately, I couldn't get on with this one. I found the main character Fran just a bit too wacky and didn't connect with her at all. Or her friends. The story was okay - if a bit predictable - but overall it just wasn't my cup of tea.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20