Profile for Sammee, I Want To Read That > Reviews

Content by Sammee, I Want...

Sammee, I Want To Read That (UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Over It (The Kiss Off #2)
Over It (The Kiss Off #2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun!, 2 Dec 2013
I've really been looking forward to reading this since I finished The Kiss Off and it didn't disappoint - I really enjoyed it.

I love the character of Poppy - she's that perfect mixture of sweet and quirky - she does things that gets her into all kinds of situations but she always does them with the best intentions! And she makes me laugh.

This installment sees Poppy going to a musical festival for the weekend to see Ty. But things really don't go as planned. I liked the whole Nikki and Mads situation - and Hamish was an interesting character. Plus I thought the storyline concerning Poppy and Ty's relationship was good - I liked the fact that it wasn't made out to be easy given the fact he is becoming more and more famous. And there were so many laugh out loud moments!

While I would have preferred a different outcome in the end I did like it as I felt it was realistic - and I'm am hoping that it will be resolved in the next book. Please, pretty please? And I like that Poppy has her own independence and dreams and isn't solely defined by her relationships.

Roll on 2015! I need the next installment!!!

Castle - Season 5 [DVD]
Castle - Season 5 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Nathan Fillion

5.0 out of 5 stars Addicted to this show, 2 Dec 2013
This review is from: Castle - Season 5 [DVD] (DVD)
I absolutely love this show - it's one of my favourites at the moment! I love the humour (Castle has the best lines!) mixed in with the more serious story lines. There are a couple of darker episodes this series which are among my all time faves (Target & Hunt) and Nathon Fillion gets top marks for his acting in these episodes!

The chemistry between Beckett and Castle is still brilliant - I love their relationship. And the stories are still fresh and exciting. Can't wait for season 6!

Mediflow Waterbase Fibrefill Pillow, Regular Size
Mediflow Waterbase Fibrefill Pillow, Regular Size
Offered by Salveo Wellness

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Night's Sleep, 2 Dec 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This was really simple to set up with you being able to decide how firm you want the pillow to be by adjusting how much water you put into it. It has a valve that ensures no leakage (which I must admit was a bit of a worry but it has proved to be completely fine!)

I can confirm that it does help with neck and shoulder tension - I have been getting a really good night's sleep since using it. I haven't woke up with a stiff neck like I was previous to using it so would definitely recommend it! Especially at the current selling price of around £30.

Corel PaintShop Pro X6 Ultimate (PC)
Corel PaintShop Pro X6 Ultimate (PC)

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use., 2 Dec 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Bearing in mind that previous to trying this I had been using a very (very!) basic photo editing software to adjust my photos it didn't come as a surprise that I really like this. There is so much on there in terms of what you can do - I have been using it for the last month and still think I have only learned the basics. I am in love with the curves adjust!

It's a great price considering what you can do with it. Since I've not used other software like it I can't compare it to other types but I like what I've used of it so far. And as a beginner in photography it covers all my needs and I have the confidence that it will continue to do so as I get more experienced. I was pleased to see the option to work on Raw files is there - I've not yet progressed to shooting in Raw but it is something I want to do.

I like the interface it uses. It gave me the option to review my photos using the software and then I could easily adjust or edit the photo of my choice. And I like the extras you get on the Ulitmate version - with FaceFilter being the most interesting at the moment. Whether it is worth the price difference over the standard version will depend on how much you use them but for the difference in price I think they are worth it.

It all felt easy to use - I wasn't overwhelmed by it which I was worried I might be - it felt logical and there are tutorials if needed. All in all I'm really impressed and am looking forward to using this more and more as my photography progresses.

Three Little Words: They Mean So Much
Three Little Words: They Mean So Much
by Jessica Thompson

3.0 out of 5 stars 3.5 Stars, 27 Nov 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It took me a while to get into this. The story is told from several characters points of view and the first few chapters introduce them - building the story - but I found it hard to connect to the characters at first. Once the story gets going I found I enjoyed it a lot more and I loved Bryony's story. I really liked her as a character and loved finding out about her relationship with Max and her growing relationship with Adam. I also enjoyed Keon's story and wish there had been more of it - it was interesting to read about a person who had done something awful but is someone who regrets it and wishes he could undo it. Although I wasn't as invested in Sara or Rachel's story I did enjoy seeing how they were all connected.

Overall I'm glad I read this. I really did enjoy Bryony and Keon's story and based on that, I would be interested in reading more books by this author.

After Eden
After Eden
by Helen Douglas

4.0 out of 5 stars 4.5 Stars, 26 Nov 2013
This review is from: After Eden (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really enjoyed this one. Loved the writing, the characters and the plot! It's full of mystery (I loved working out what was going on and then wondering if they were going to pull it off), romance and ... well I probably shouldn't say as it would be a bit of a spoiler and I had so much fun finding out what was happening ... but let's just say it's one of my favourite story lines and done really well!

I really loved the characters in this - Eden, Connor and Ryan. They all have great chemistry - the friendship between her and Connor and the building of a romance between her and Ryan. And I loved the England setting.

I loved the ending too - there is a sequel due and while the ending keeps that in mind there is no major cliffhanger which quite frankly is brilliant! I can't wait to find out what happens next!

Highly recommended!

Braun Satin Hair 7 Straightener ES 3-C
Braun Satin Hair 7 Straightener ES 3-C

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use., 18 Nov 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Having never used hair straighteners before I was looking for something simple to use and these are just that. You get to set the temperature depending on your type of hair - fine to thick - and there is a boost button to make it a bit hotter if you need it. I didn't - I found the top end of normal/low end of thick worked just fine. The panel goes green when they are ready to use - or flashes orange if they are heating up. It also glows red to remind you they are still hot when you turn them off which I thought was useful.

The swivel cord is brilliant - and made using them really easy. The only downside was getting used to holding them in such a way I didn't keep pressing either the boost button or the on/off switch! I'm not sure if that was just me but I did find a way of holding them in the end that felt comfortable - and without pressing those buttons - but it did take a while.

Philips Satinelle Corded Epilator HP6423/00 with Ladyshave Head Plus Trimming Comb

4.0 out of 5 stars Good., 5 Nov 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Having never used an epilator before I didn't have a clue what to expect, but was please that it wasn't as painful as I feared! It's still more painful than shaving though!

The results were great - and last longer than shaving so that's really good. I only used the first setting and that worked fine. The major draw back to this product though is the fact you have to have it plugged in - it makes when and where you use it rather limited.

I like the fact you have the shaving option too - although I'm not sure how often I'd use it instead of the epilator it's good to have the choice.

Overall I liked it - and it has definitely convinced me of the benefits of using an epilator.

The Kings of Summer [DVD]
The Kings of Summer [DVD]
Dvd ~ Nick Robinson

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth watching, 5 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Kings of Summer [DVD] (DVD)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I wasn't sure what to expect with this movie - the comparison to Stand by Me is what piqued my interest - and while it's not quite on the same level as that film (for me at least) I can understand the comparisons. It's a sweet coming of age story - nice and quirky - with a good mixture of funny and more serious moments. It took a little while to warm up but one it did I was hooked. The performances (especially Nick Robinson as Joe and Moises Arias as Biaggio) were the driving force of the film.

Definitely worth watching!

Case Logic Case with Pocket for iPad Mini/7 inch Tablet - Black
Case Logic Case with Pocket for iPad Mini/7 inch Tablet - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars 4 Stars, 17 Oct 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is made well - I really like the quality of it. And it is really well padded on top to help protect the screen, but the bottom doesn't have the same amount of padding for the back which is concerning. I've been using it as additional protection (my kindle Fire HD is already in a fitted case) so it is not a problem at all (in fact it is brilliant!) but I'm not sure I would feel confident if I were to use this as the only protection - especially if dropped. It's a shame the same amount of padding used on the top wasn't on the back too - then this would be perfect!

As other reviewers have stated there are no handles (which doesn't bother me in the slightest)but worth mentioning in case you found yourself disappointed.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20