Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Out of The Furnace [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Christian Bale

3.0 out of 5 stars Good performances., 31 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really enjoyed the performances from the leads - especially Christian Bale who is mesmerising in this. He delivers a really subtle, internal performance which really held my interest. Casey Affleck and Woody Harrelson were great too (Harrelson was rather creepy in his role to be honest!)

The plot was a bit of a let down though if I'm honest which is a shame. It's quite slow building and despite being shocking and bleak, doesn't quite reach the impact at the end I was hoping for,

But overall, I'm glad to have seen it.

Almo Nature Rouge Dry with Chicken 750 g
Almo Nature Rouge Dry with Chicken 750 g

4.0 out of 5 stars Cat loved it, 31 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I definitely had no complaints from my cat when I gave her this. She can be a bit picky but really seemed to love this. The price is the only thing stopping me from giving it 5 stars.- I'm not sure it would want to buy it on a regular basis but as a treat now and then - definitely recommended.

Anthem for Jackson Dawes
Anthem for Jackson Dawes
by Celia Bryce

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't quite work for me, 14 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Despite really liking the idea behind the story I found I just couldn't connect to this one. I'm not sure if it is because it was written in third person (I much prefer first person as then I really feel as if I am experiencing the story with the main character) or if it was because the story just seemed to skim the surface? I wanted to read about the details in between. Perhaps this was aimed more at a younger audience - it was a quicker read than usual but I just found my lack of connection to the characters meant that the story lost it's impact for me.

I was also curious as to why the two characters didn't keep in touch outside the hospital. Surely they could have exchanged emails or telephone numbers? It just seemed odd to me. But maybe I missed something there.

I think I might be in the minority with my feelings on this one though - I have had so many people recommend this one that I'd suggest giving it a go to see for yourself.

Purity
Purity
by Jackson Pearce

4.0 out of 5 stars Good!, 14 May 2014
This review is from: Purity (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is my first Jackson Pearce book and I'll definitely be reading more - I really liked her writing style.

I liked the idea behind the book too - that Shelby wants to keep the promises she made to her mother. I'm not too convinced by the reasoning behind her loophole to get out of pledging her purity to her father but I liked the way the story unfolds and becomes more about her relationship with her father, her mother and learning what her mother really meant.

I also loved her relationship with Jonas and Ruby and the whole life list. I would have liked more of that - as well as just a little more at the end. But all in all - I really enjoyed this one.

Clipped Wings
Clipped Wings
by Helena Hunting

4.0 out of 5 stars Good!, 10 May 2014
This review is from: Clipped Wings (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really liked the characters in this and both of their back stories. The romance was great too - I thought Hayden and Tenley had great chemistry. I didn't quite understand Tenley's need to hide what had happened to her but hopefully that will be something explored in the sequel (unless I just missed the point in this one?)

Some of the plot lines seemed a little over dramatic - but I was enjoying the story so I really didn't care. I will definitely be picking up the next in the series! With the ending to this one it makes it an absolute must read - I need to know what happens next to Hayden and Tenley!

Peacock [DVD] [2010]
Peacock [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Cillian Murphy

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 5 April 2014
This review is from: Peacock [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Unfortunately, despite a really excellent performance from Cillian Murphy, I just couldn't get into this film. I just felt that it relied too much on Murphy's performance - I would have liked more of a storyline. I wasn't that invested to be honest so the ending lost all the impact that it probably should have had. A shame as the cast is brilliant with great performances by all.

Weetabix Strawberry Breakfast Drink 250 ml (Pack of 8)
Weetabix Strawberry Breakfast Drink 250 ml (Pack of 8)

3.0 out of 5 stars Taste nice, 13 Mar. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really like the taste of these and are definitely nice as far as milkshakes go. They are very sweet (probably due to the high sugar content per serving) but I didn't find them particularly filling so I don't think I'd want to have them as a breakfast alternative - but as I said - I can't fault the taste and I'd be interested in trying the other flavours.

River Road (Sentinels of New Orleans 2)
River Road (Sentinels of New Orleans 2)
by Suzanne Johnson

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun., 20 Feb. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm really enjoying this series and it was great to catch up with DJ and co. I liked that it was set a few years after the first book - it meant that the relationships had move forward more - and I have to say I am actually really enjoying the 3 love interests! Yes I do have my favorite (let's just say I know exactly who I'd like to play ball with...!) but I like the way DJ is conflicted - it makes the whole will they/ won't they thing a bit more interesting. Plus I really like all three.

This outing is much more action packed - I really enjoyed it - plus it was really funny in places too (the pink Gandalf thing? I was crying with laughter!) I also like the way they have both been self contained stories - they were resolved in the end but at the same time I was left wanting more and there were still unanswered questions (yes Rand I'm talking about you!)

Can't wait to read the next in the series!

Philips Disney Snow White Children's Candle Set - 4 x 0.06 W LED Candles
Philips Disney Snow White Children's Candle Set - 4 x 0.06 W LED Candles
Offered by Gameline GmbH

4.0 out of 5 stars I Like it, 8 Feb. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is good and easy to use. It charged via the USB port on my computer and lasted the night (it didn't say how long to charge it for so I charged it for about 2-3 hours and that seemed to do the trick) I really like the way it flickers like a candle and gave off a faint glow - not too bright but enough to give a small amount of light to a room. It would be great for a children's bedroom. Recommended.

Storm and Stone: Struck
Storm and Stone: Struck
by Joss Stirling

3.0 out of 5 stars 3.5 Stars, 7 Feb. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I liked this - I'm a big fan of Joss Stirling's other books so I had a good idea of what to expect and mostly it delivered. I really liked the characters and the plot (although I did find it a bit predictable I still liked seeing it all play out). And once the action really kicked in I was completely hooked - but there were a few places where I thought it slowed done a bit too much. But at the same time it does set up the book for more - I'm assuming this is a series? It definitely feels as if it could be - with great world building for both the characters and the YDA so that's good. I'll be picking the the next in the series if there is one.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20