Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Peak District Mountain Biking: Dark Peak Trails
Peak District Mountain Biking: Dark Peak Trails
by Jon Barton

5.0 out of 5 stars Peak District Mountain Biking - Dark Peak Trails, 2 Nov 2010
I've had some of Vertebrate Publishing's books given to me before as presents, but I have to say, that with the new books I'd be happy to have splashed the cash myself.

The book is well laid out, with a "How to use this book" section at the start. I'd strongly recommend reading this before looking at any of the trail guides as it makes them much easier to work out!

For seasoned riders - I've been riding mountain bikes for nearly 20 years now, and have a good grip of map reading, but it is nice to see the maps laid out in a simple and easy to understand way. The key waypoints are marked and the trails are clear (for those of us who don't know the difference between a footpath, bridleway or B.O.A.T.).

For newbies - My fiancée is new to the sport, but has found this book an easy way to find trails and have fun doing so even without the experience of many years of map-reading.

Jon Barton has listed some of my favourite Peak District trails, but has also opened my eyes to some new and previously hidden (from me) gems.
If, like me, you live in the area, this is a useful addition to your existing knowledge. If you are planning a weekend away in the Peak District, this will give you an instant `in' to some of the best trails in the area.

If you're wondering what stocking filler to get your mountain biking other half - look no further than the Vertebrate Publishing range of books.
If you have a couple of rounds-worth of cash burning a hole in your pocket and are looking for trail inspiration - buy a Vertebrate Publishing guide.