Profile for K. Brooks > Reviews

Multi -Purpose Fashion Scales, Curved Grader's Ruler, Straight + Curved Lines
Offered by Well Made Tools
Price: 9.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy, 9 Mar 2014
It's Ok but very flimsy about 0.5mm thick could of bought the same thing cheaper but I ordered this as the picture made it look as if it was a sturdy product, it really isn't.

Portable Pattern Cutter's Ratio Triangle, Angle measurer
Portable Pattern Cutter's Ratio Triangle, Angle measurer
Offered by Well Made Tools
Price: 4.05

2.0 out of 5 stars Not sure what the purpose is of this product but it's not what I expected for a pattern cutting triangle., 9 Mar 2014
Really not quite sure what this item even is. I was looking for a pattern cutting triangle which is a large item, usually around 100cms x 60cms, this is not that it's really small. Maybe it's for some kind of decreasing, making adult clothes into dolls clothes perhaps. I have spent time with a regular ruler against the numbers and I really can not work out what the numbers printed on relate to at all and the french curve on the inside does not relate to any other curve rulers I have apart from being a tiny version of the regular large curve rule. Also the product is very thin plastic, like the plastic of a thin plastic folder, I wouldn't dare to use it with a rotary cutter as it would easily cut through the plastic. But hey it was cheap so I don't feel so cheated just wish I knew what purpose this was designed to serve, I could say I've got my moneys worth in the amusement of wondering what it is.

I had to come back for an edit as I finally looked at the product dimensions, yeah I know should of done that before ordering! But they state that the thickness is 2mm but I just measured mine and it is 0.5mm so be aware it is a very thin product.

Gone Girl
Gone Girl
by Gillian Flynn
Price: 3.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Not deserving of the hype, 24 Feb 2013
This review is from: Gone Girl (Paperback)
I found Gone Girl an OK read on the plus side I liked the overall premise of a story being told from two perspectives and I didn't work out the whole plot immediately so it held some intrigue. But I found the style of writing to be a bit too glossy magazine for my taste and the characters rather 2 dimensional. Not only did I find them unbelievable but I found myself not really caring what happened to them the further I read on. I won't say I totally disliked the book but also found it undeserving of the rave reviews, in the end my overall feeling was of indifference.
Comment Comments (19) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 12, 2014 7:33 AM BST

Assassin's Creed Keychain Crest
Assassin's Creed Keychain Crest
Price: 6.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality not worth the price, 9 Feb 2013
The product I received paid only a passing resembelence to the pictured product which looks like a robust and quality item. In reality what you get is a shoddy looking thing which I expect to fall apart in a few months. I would of sent it back but my son was insistant on keeping it, but if I had seen this first I wouldn't of paid more than a couple of quid for it. It reminds me of the gifts you get on fairgrounds. The actual symbol is dull and more cheap gun metal look than a brushed metal, the chain is not even and coming apart basically lowest quality item so order with caution.

MTV Unplugged in New York
MTV Unplugged in New York
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 5.64

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality pirated fake, 10 July 2012
My son ordered this CD and what he received was a dreadful fake copy, poor audio quality, inlay was obviously printed off a home printer on regular printer paper and the image was of a poor resolution. Basically I could of gone on the internet and probably downloaded a better quality cover and album from a pirate site but I told my son to buy a real copy off Amazon and he has ended up supporting someone else's piracy. Must say I am extremely disappointed that this has happened through Amazon as I have always believed that I would avoid this type of experience by buying from a trusted seller. This review is alone on the product I received from this seller and not the actual product as it's a brilliant album now that I have bought my son a genuine copy but this has put me off buying cd's from Amazon again as my son bought 2 cd's from Amazon and both were pirate copy's.

Doodle Dogs (Klutz)
Doodle Dogs (Klutz)
by Liz Hutnick
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Klutz Winner, 1 Jan 2009
This review is from: Doodle Dogs (Klutz) (Spiral-bound)
My 9 year old son sat at the table and drew everyone of these dogs in one sitting and just called me every few minutes to say come look at this doodle dog, he just didn't want to stop. He loved it so much that he wants to spend some of his Xmas money on 'Doodle faces' and 'Doodle Cats'. As with all Klutz books they have such simple and clear instructions that just make them fantastic for kids to be able to sit and do it all by themselves, there is nothing worse than kids activity books/kits that make a kid feel stupid because they have to constantly ask someone to explain bits to them. This comes with absolutley loads of paper so you can draw all dogs several times and not have to worry about mistakes and starting again. My son also loved the ripping the pictures of the roll and you can even rip off the paper and trace the dogs out of the book for the younger or less proficient doodlers.

Draw Thumb Animals (Klutz)
Draw Thumb Animals (Klutz)
by Editors of Klutz
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and easy to follow, 1 Jan 2009
I bought this for my 9 year old son and he loved it so much that I bought him another 3 thumb print books. Really clear step by step instructions on how to make each picture make these books a joy as even fairly young children can produce pictures that look exactly like the examples. In my sons book it really looked as if his thumb print pictures had been printed in the book they were so good and that is down to the clear instruction. The best thing about these books is that your kids can sit down and do it all themselves and come over all proudly showing off what they have done 'all by themselves'. I have seen many activity books/ kits that are just to confusing for children (and sometimes parents too) but klutz really seem to understand how to write simple and clear instructions.

Book of Paper Airplanes (Klutz)
Book of Paper Airplanes (Klutz)
by Doug Stillinger
Price: 9.09

5.0 out of 5 stars A Perfect Present for Dads and Sons, 30 Dec 2008
Both my son and husband spent hours over Xmas making paper airplanes and then chucking them all over the house, possibly the best present I have bought. The instructions are really clear both my husband who always wanted to be able to make paper planes but couldn't and our 9 year old son found they could follow this book.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars For the ultimate in close shaves, 28 April 2008
Tend Skins 'Air Shave' is a completley new style of shave gel, it doesn't foam up so you can see exactly what you are doing it also doesn't dry out at all giving the ultimate in a smooth shave.
This product is a must for those who suffer with dry skin or razor bumps, irritation etc.. The improved level of lubrication makes it almost imposible to knick yourself shaving that is one of the main causes of ingrown hair and irritiation but alongside that this unlike regular shaving products doesn't dry out ever so leaves your skin feeling just amazingly soft. I have found where normally I get a 6'oclock shadow with this product I can shave so close that my skin feels smooth even the next day.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars This product really lives upto it's claims, 28 April 2008
Bought this for my husband he has tried so many differant products that claim to stop ingrown hairs and none of them work so wasn't really expecting much from this. After all I have heard all the claims before. But I couldn't believe this product really does everything it claims and he started to see the effects within a few days. You have to follow the instructions and use it twice a day and he found that when he didn't use it so religiously he started to find the ingrown hairs returning. Also yes it does smell chemically as Tend Skin do not use any perfumes but the smell wears off in a few minutes. I would also recomend that you buy this along with the 'Air Shave Gel' for reduction of nicks that are one of the causes of ingrown hairs and also just for the most amazingly close shave that leaves your skin feeling so soft.
After seeing the great results my husband was getting I stole it as I read that is you use this product before waxing or elipidation it reduces the redness and eases hair removal. I have seen a marked improvment in both redness afterwards and a reduction in the amount of hairs that snap, something that was always a problem for me.