Profile for Tony > Reviews

Tony (London)

Medical Carrycase
Medical Carrycase

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, 15 Jan 2013
This review is from: Medical Carrycase (Toy)
The youngsters love pretending to be our family doctor, but a doctor's coat would probably have been a nice addition.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 15 Jan 2013
The fun probably won't last forever, but for now, my family is loving this. Just be careful where your younger children are when their big brother is flying it.

Subbuteo Football Set - Team Addition
Subbuteo Football Set - Team Addition
Offered by Accessory-Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Every boy should have it, 15 Jan 2013
This review is from: Subbuteo Football Set (Toy)
Bought this for my six-year-old nephew who can't get enough of it...like me 35 years ago. If your boy loves footy, he'll love this.

The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's    Dilemma
The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma
by Trenton Lee Stewart

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting to the end, 15 Jan 2013
The kids (7 and 4) hung on every word. It is exciting to the very last page, and the paents will love it too.

Gilbert England Rugby Replica Ball - Midi
Gilbert England Rugby Replica Ball - Midi
Offered by Wisdens Sports

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 14 Jan 2012
It's a nice ball and all the more so because it's the official England ball. Got this for my 5-y-o nephew who loves it.

A Child's First Bible
A Child's First Bible
by Kenneth N. Taylor

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for kids, 7 Dec 2011
This review is from: A Child's First Bible (Hardcover)
Just the right length and content to give kids their first journey into the Bible. My Godson had not seen the Bible before but is now enjoying the stories - David and Goliath especially, of course.

LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Nintendo DS)
LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Nintendo DS)
Offered by 101Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun, 3 Nov 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Got this for my nephew who phoned the day after his birthday to say how brilliant it was. "I absolutely love it Uncle Tony. Thank you."
That's good enough for me.

Vtech Toy Story Buzz Lightyear Learn and Go Handheld Learning System
Vtech Toy Story Buzz Lightyear Learn and Go Handheld Learning System

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun and Learny, 22 Nov 2010
Actually this was a gift for my nephew who lives rthousands of miles away so I haven't seen it in action. But his parents tell me he loves it.

101 Golden Rules of Fishing: Rob Beattie
101 Golden Rules of Fishing: Rob Beattie
by Rob Beattie

5.0 out of 5 stars Fishing might actually be fun...no, honest., 29 Jun 2007
I don't know the first thing about fishing and am really not that interested in it, but I bought this for my dad and thought I'd just skim a few pages before wrapping it. I ended up reading the whole thing. It's beautifully illustrated and really well written, making an otherwise dull pastime seem almost worth participating in. Actually I think I might go with my dad next time he goes fishing. It's not too technical but full of what I assume is good advice. And I really liked all the non-technical pages like 'Ghosts' which demonstrate the author's love for fishing and confirm it's really not about the number of fish you catch.

Classic Golf Links of England, Scotland,
Classic Golf Links of England, Scotland,
by Donald Steel

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive, 27 May 2006
Having played all of Britain's great links courses, competed over them in many amateur championships and remodelled some of them as a golf course architect, no one is in a better position than Steel to write such a book.

It is comprehensive, extremely well written and certainly one of those books all golf fanatics, like me, should have on their shelf.