Profile for LF from Scotland > Reviews

Content by LF from Scotland

LF from Scotland

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Sandisk Sansa Clip+ Plus 4GB MP3 Player, microSD/SDHC Slot, FM Radio, Voice Recorder, BLUE

4.0 out of 5 stars Good player, 18 Mar 2014
I've used this for a while now and I've found it to be a good little MP3 player.

It's small and light and has a 'clip' on the back (hence the name I suppose!). I clip it to my bottoms when in the gym and it does sometimes work itself loose.

The screen size is just enough and the buttons are not too small for me. It does have a 'lock' function, which is useful, and prevents me accidentally pressing other functions when moving around.

It takes a couple of hours to fully charge it and the charge lasts me several trips to the gym so I can't complain.

The microSD slot was the big attraction for me. I can pop it out and use an adapter to plug it into my computer/laptop to change my music very easily (and without using the charge on the unit). Alternatively, you can plug the unit direct to your computer and 'drag and drop' music to the unit and/or the microSD card - and whilst attached, it will also charge up the unit as well.

The only neg side (and the reason it only gets 4 stars from me) is that the clip has now broken off from the main body. The unit obviously couldn't take my workouts in the gym!

I can't comment on the other functions (radio, voice recorder, etc.) as I don't use them but I would still recommend this unit - just be aware the build quality won't stand up to sustained punishment!

Samsung Galaxy S3 2100 mAh Battery
Samsung Galaxy S3 2100 mAh Battery
Offered by Olympus International Ltd
Price: 7.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great replacement battery, 18 Mar 2014
My S3 needs a recharge during the day, so having another battery means I can use my phone all day and into the evening without worry! This does the job well and I've no complaints.

Body Sculpture Body Gym Total Upper Body Workout Bar
Body Sculpture Body Gym Total Upper Body Workout Bar
Price: 11.05

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job - just!, 18 Mar 2014
I got this to supplement my 'home gym' kit (I've already got a foldaway rowing machine and push-up 'handles') but I found it didn't fit my door frames.

I live in a detached house built around the 1930's but I extended into my attic a couple of years ago and I've found the workout bar does fit in the door frames in the attic. So, if you live in an 'older' house be aware this might not suit you but those in newer houses should be okay.

Build quality seems fine but I've not had it that long so can't comment on longevity, although some of the screws 'butt' out a bit which does put me off - I would've preferred it to be flush.

OVEN MATE
OVEN MATE
Offered by Home and Hardware Shop Ltd
Price: 6.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 18 Mar 2014
This review is from: OVEN MATE
Having read the reviews, I plumped for this and found it be okay.

It did clean up my oven but not as much as I thought/was led to believe. There is ample in the bottle, so I cleaned the oven twice but there's still a bit of baked in residue.

I'm sure if I carried on and cleaned the oven more, it would eventually get it back to the 'like new' finish some reviewers have reported but I was hoping to only use this once or twice!

I also tried it on the shelves and the door glass and they came up a treat - no issues.

All in all, not bad and good value for money but don't expect miracles!

Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Screen Protector Case / Guard / Film / Cover, 2-in-1 Pack By Terrapin
Offered by ClickJunkie
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good protector, 18 Mar 2014
Good value for money and does the job without disrupting my view of the screen - what more do you want?!

Micro USB WALL CHARGER For Galaxy S3 i9300 .           STANDALONE BATTERY CHARGER & ADAPTER for Samsung GT-I9300 .           EXTERNAL DESKTOP BATTERY DOCK for GTI9300 .                               EB-L1G6LLUCSTD EBL1G6LLUCSTD SIII S-3 S-III GTI9300 GTI-9300 .           United Gadgets

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic little charger, 18 Mar 2014
My S3 would eat up battery charge in less than a day, so I bought a spare battery and this charger in case I had to charge up both the phone and my battery after a day out.

The battery is actually wider than the unit so sticks out at the side but I don't find that a problem, personally. The LED turns red when charging and green, when complete. It's very bright and I have to move it under my bed (it's connected to an extension socket) when I charge it overnight.

All in all, good value and does the job very well.

AMOS 7 / 6 Way 1.5A 1500mA max. AC to DC Universal Universally Multi Voltage 3V / 4.5V / 6V / 7.5V / 9V / 12V Plug in Mains AC Power Adapter Adaptor Power Supply Replacement (Black)
Offered by Trendi
Price: 8.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent universal power supply, 18 Mar 2014
The power supply for my iPod dock broke and I hadn't used it since. I was thinking about throwing the unit away until I came across this and all I had to do was try the included adapters until I found one that fitted and I connected the power cable.

The power unit has various voltages but it produces 1.5 amps, so you have to check the power requirements of your unit as it cannot be altered from 1.5 amps.

I got this because of the price (much cheaper than other units) and because it came with a variety of power connector adapters as I couldn't figure out which one I needed!

Definitely recommend this.

BEIYI 11-093 200 LED White 20M IP44 Solar Fairy Lights Ideal For Outdoor Garden Decoration

5.0 out of 5 stars Great lights!, 18 Mar 2014
I got these to replace a set I purchased from another Amazon seller, which had been damaged. They arrived very promptly and I immediately put them out (middle of the afternoon) and they worked at dusk for several hours.

It has 2 switches - on/off and blink/steady light, and I put them on blink by mistake. My last set had only 1 button and I had to press it to 'scroll through' from blink to steady light, so changing this was really easy!

The price was also a bit cheaper than the other set I had previously purchased, sp all in all, I'm very happy with my purchase.

NEW! I-Smart IS-004 Earphones iPod Nano Black
NEW! I-Smart IS-004 Earphones iPod Nano Black
Offered by Aminori
Price: 2.38

4.0 out of 5 stars Good headphones, 17 Nov 2013
These fit right into the ear canal and do a good job blocking out most of the ambient sounds.

The sound quality isn't the best but I'm not a professional DJ or anything like that and so, for the price, I'm happy.

It does, however, lose a star as it's so small that when I put it in my ear, it can be a bit tricky to get a hold of the 'body' of the earphone to pull it out and, on several occasions, I've had to pull it out using the cord which will no doubt result in this breaking/ripping/tearing.

Duracell Procell Battery AA 1.5v Pack of 20
Duracell Procell Battery AA 1.5v Pack of 20
Offered by K.K. Electronics
Price: 6.28

5.0 out of 5 stars No probs, 17 Nov 2013
It is what it is and does what it says on the tin!

I've not had any issues with the length of time the batteries hold their charge so I am very satisfied.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3