Profile for Willy > Reviews

Bionic Woman - Complete [DVD]
Bionic Woman - Complete [DVD]
Dvd ~ Lindsay Wagner

5.0 out of 5 stars A BIONIC BEAUTY !!!, 4 Sep 2014
The wonderful Lindsay Wagner packs a punch as the unwilling super-heroine who has to come to terms with her new body after a near fatal sky diving accident.

Yes - she did succumb to her injuries but thanks to her fiancé Steve Austin (Lee Majors) she is given Bionic surgery and the rest as they say is Bionic TV history.

The choice of actress in this part is sublime - Lindsay Wagner is totally believable and her acting (as always) is top notch. It is no wonder that she won an Emmy for her portrayal and that her show was the highest rated (No - 1) in the UK ratings at the time.

Who can forget her teaming up with legends Steve Austin, Oscar Goldman, Dr Rudy Wells, & Secretary Callahan

She became a Nun, Model, Lady Wrestler, Rodeo Rider, Fought Big-Foot & Fembots - WOW !

This lady was and is still worth well over SIX MILLION DOLLARS !!!

A True Icon & The 1st Woman EVER to win An Emmy For A SciFi TV Show - A Great lady & A FAB Show !!!

You're My World
You're My World

5.0 out of 5 stars The definitive version (in my pinion of course) of this ..., 30 Aug 2014
This review is from: You're My World (MP3 Download)
The definitive version (in my pinion of course) of this song. Helen is truly on top form here and sings straight from the heart. An inspiration!

My Love Is but a Lassie
My Love Is but a Lassie

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 30 Aug 2014
Fabulous uplifting music - It really makes you want to dance and reel. 5 stars out of 5 for sure! Wonderful!

The Wizard of Oz: The Official 75th Anniversary Companion
The Wizard of Oz: The Official 75th Anniversary Companion
by William Stillman

5.0 out of 5 stars The photos are terrific and the story of "OZ" is wonderfully detailed in ..., 19 Aug 2014
WOW!
This book is fabulous in every way. I have the original edition from the late 1980's and although (obviously) this copy covers much of the same information this new version has so much more to offer than before.
The photos are terrific and the story of "OZ" is wonderfully detailed in so many ways.
Jay Scarfone & William Stillman have created a classic book. L Frank Baum would be so proud of you!

Happy 75th Anniversary on the 25th of August 2014 - "Over The Rainbow"...

Oor Wullie & The Broons (Annuals 2015)
Oor Wullie & The Broons (Annuals 2015)

5.0 out of 5 stars Please give us all of the colour strips printed in the Sunday Post a good few years ago even though they only appeared for ..., 19 Aug 2014
We want MORE!
Please give us all of the colour strips printed in the Sunday Post a good few years ago even though they only appeared for a brief period...Please!

This book is a step forward in indulging us Wullie/Broons fans in a slightly new direction. The colour brings a new lease of life to the old stories and the book is eye candy. 5 stars***** !!!

Oz: The Great & Powerful (Special O-ring Artwork Edition) [Blu-ray] [Region Free]

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a very good film. It manages to capture the magic of ..., 19 Aug 2014
This is a very good film.
It manages to capture the magic of the books by Frank Baum and there are many nods towards the Judy Garland classic movie also. I highly recommend this movie. My family and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Two Girls & A Sailor [DVD] [1944] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Two Girls & A Sailor [DVD] [1944] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Van Johnson
Offered by supermart_usa

4.0 out of 5 stars GREAT MUSICAL IS SPOILED BY WARPED SOUND, 20 Jan 2014
This review is not so much about the film itself (which is very entertaining) but the film transfer to disc.
When I first played the dvd I noticed that whenever any music was playing, be it background music, songs or instrumentals, the sound was noticeably warped (not tracked properly) and sounded like a wonky old vinyl that had been left out in the sun too long.
Annoyingly this fault continued all the way through the movie. I ordered a second copy and the same thing happened. I have played similar NTSC musicals without any problem. Obviously there has been some sort of technical problem when the movie was transferred to dvd and has gone unnoticed . I really wish that the distributers would fix this problem as what good is a musical with distorted sound.
The video version I have of this movie has perfect sound so at least I know that there's nothing wrong with the master copy. This great film deserves a better release!

Doctor Who: The Day of the Doctor - 50th Anniversary Special [Blu-ray 3D]
Doctor Who: The Day of the Doctor - 50th Anniversary Special [Blu-ray 3D]
Dvd ~ Matt Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars TERRIFIC, 29 Nov 2013
50 years is a lot of time to cover in just 75 minutes - ( why not just go for the movie length 90 mins I wonder?) After all it was shown in the cinema!

This show (mainly) showcased some of the most popular cast from the New Series.

Visually it was wonderful, and acting wise Matt and David worked really well together as did the fabulous John Hurt. Matt was in his prime and held his own wonderfully and shone brilliantly!

The Billie Piper character (although finely acted) could really have been played by anyone and personally I would have preferred to have seen a true classic past companion play the part - a companion that the War Doctor (John Hurt) had actually known from his own past and which truly would have made more sense.

I guess the BBC wanted to cater for the current audience with as many up-to-date characters as possible. Oh well!

Personally I think that it would have been a stroke of genius to have had his first male companion Ian Chesterton play that part - WOW! - how cool would that have been, or maybe even Jaime, or Leela, or Jo Grant etc. to have given many of us that much anticipated nostalgic oomph. A truly missed opportunity!

As Actress Tiffany Headbank once said - "Be Sure To Take Care Of Your Past - Because Someday You'll Need It"

If the wonderful and sadly missed Elizabeth Sladen had still been with us I'd like to think that she would have been given a huge role to play in this event. She was sadly missed for sure as was the the equally missed Brigadier, however (and rightly so) at least he was given some recognition via an up close photo and a name check.
Shame forever on the BBC for not asking him back to the new series, aside from his appearance in 'The Sarah Jane Adventures'.

Finally - (this is only a very small gripe) -
If only they had saved all of the amazing clips from the last episode of series seven that included William Hartnell - Patrick Troughton & Jon Pertwee etc. - when all of the Doctors got a bit of a close up and a second or two to shine on their own, wouldn't that have had a great impact on the show and the viewer?
I'm sure that if this had been done (very carefully) it may just have evened things out a tiny bit more for all of the fans from the past 50 years.

Having said that...I still loved/love the show and I always will...WISH I COULD CONTACT THE PRODUCTION TEAM AS I HAVE SOME REALLY SCARY STORIES...
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 3, 2013 3:44 AM GMT

Doctor Who: The 4th Doctor Time Capsule [DVD]
Doctor Who: The 4th Doctor Time Capsule [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tom Baker

4.0 out of 5 stars DOCTOR ALL !!!, 26 July 2013
I have read every review of this item so far with great interest. The ratings from 5 to 1 stars are extremely interesting, especially given that Tom Baker is regularly voted as being the best Doctor of all.

As I write this the item has not yet been released so I won't go all psychic and predict whether it's great of duff - although from what I've seen so far it does look pretty good even if it's a wee bit expensive.
I realise also that this release is not to everyone's taste or budget...My wallet has already sent out an S.O.S to Gallifrey...

My Main Point -
Rightly or wrongly...I somehow feel that it would have been just that little bit more respectful (to ALL of the DOCTOR WHO actors) if each Doctor had been given his own Time Capsule DVD box set. I totally accept Tom's contribution and legend on this show but this truly isn't a one man 50th anniversary and each Doctor should be given equal footing in all ways possible.

Thanks to William, Patrick, Jon, Tom, Peter, Colin, Sylvester, Paul, Christopher, David, Matt & WHO ever...Carol Anne Ford our first glimpse of a lady Timelord.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 29, 2013 6:47 PM BST