Profile for Rose123 > Reviews

The Busy Mum's Cookbook
The Busy Mum's Cookbook
by Mary Gwynn

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, 22 Feb. 2013
Bought after reading the rave reviews and as a very busy working mum I'm all for making life easier. I also want to prepare healthy meals for my family.The recipes I've tried so far have been quite time consuming to prepare and cook, definitely not something I would attempt when time pressured to get dinner on the table before my little boy's patience runs out!! More suitable for the weekend if planning a meal when the children are in bed, which defeats my reason for buying the book. In terms of some of the things we've tried so far, my husband made the aubergine pasta bake last weekend and it was really nice. A lot of people have said the spiced chickpeas are good too but we found them a bit bland. A side dish rather than a main meal.

Rocks of Steel Ice Cube (Set of 6)
Rocks of Steel Ice Cube (Set of 6)
Offered by CKB LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 22 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Rocks of Steel Ice Cube (Set of 6)
Bought these for a friend after having bought some for ourselves. Great for keeping cold drinks cold without watering them down with ordinary ice cubes. They stay cold for quite a while too and are quick to refreeze.

Plastic dough cutters, set of 12
Plastic dough cutters, set of 12
Offered by Creation Box

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother, 22 Feb. 2013
Overall I was disappointed. Very small and flimsy. Some of the cutter shapes were repeated in the pack and were hard to identify as to what they were meant to be!

Duck Squeakaboo squeaker and rattle toy
Duck Squeakaboo squeaker and rattle toy

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little treat, 22 Feb. 2013
Bought this for a friend's baby after buying the giraffe for my own little boy. He has had it since he was tiny and still loves to play with it alongside his other musical instruments, he's nearly two!