Profile for CJCat68 > Reviews

Content by CJCat68

CJCat68 "CJ" (UK)

The Lost Symbol (Robert Langdon)
The Lost Symbol (Robert Langdon)
by Dan Brown

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 16 Oct. 2009
A reasonable thriller spoilt by a load of mystical and spiritual nonsense. Could do better Mr Brown!

The Road
The Road
by Cormac McCarthy

1.0 out of 5 stars We're on a Road to nowhere..., 30 Aug. 2009
This review is from: The Road (Paperback)
I was disappointed with this book, although it reads very easily which is probably why I kept at it. The idea behind the book is interesting but ultimately it is a boring read and unlike the road, it doesn't really go anywhere!

Take my advice; go for a long walk instead

Quotable Atheist: Ammunition for Nonbelievers, Political Junkies, Gadflies and Those Generally Hell-bound
by Jack Huberman

5.0 out of 5 stars Wind up the God folk, 30 Aug. 2009
A great book to dip into (I personally keep it next to the toilet) and then visit your local church/mosque/synagogue/temple to try and convert the congregation. Alternatively, great for impressing (or insulting) your friends at dinner parties.

Read and be enlightened!

by Stephen King

5.0 out of 5 stars Stands the test of time, 30 Aug. 2009
This review is from: The Stand (Paperback)
The Stand

One of the greatest! I would love to read it again, but I don't have half a year to spare!!

READ IT NOW

by Michael Grant

4.0 out of 5 stars Here today...GONE tomorrow, 29 Aug. 2009
This review is from: Gone (Hardcover)
Gone

Lord of the Flies meets The Stand! The parallels with the William Golding classic are inevitable and I suspect Grant would not deny its influence on the story told in Gone; however it also reminded me greatly of Stephen King's The Stand (albeit slightly shorter!). Although all the characters are children I soon found myself regarding them as adults as the plot forces them to act and react in very developed ways. A very entertaining read that keeps you turning the page. I look forward to the next instalment.