Profile for B. Williams > Reviews

B. Williams "Neb"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Russell Hobbs 15082-10 Illuminating Glass Kettle, 1.7 L, 3000 W - Clear
Russell Hobbs 15082-10 Illuminating Glass Kettle, 1.7 L, 3000 W - Clear

1.0 out of 5 stars It's broken in such a way as to reveal a very poor design and it's hard to imagine that this will ..., 3 April 2016
The switch has broken after a few weeks of use. It's broken in such a way as to reveal a very poor design and it's hard to imagine that this will be a one off, I suspect many people have suffered at this design!

I'm Going To Be A Big Sister T-Shirt. (1-2 years, Black T-Shirt - Fuchsia Vinyl)
Offered by B-Shirts

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 18 Feb. 2016
Good quality top and arrived quickly x

ASUS RT-AC3200 Tri-Band Gigabit Wireless Router, Access Point/Repeater/Media bridge Mode, USB3.0, Time Machine, 3G/4G Dongle Support

5.0 out of 5 stars Game changer if you rely on your IP's router, 16 Sept. 2015
We were having problems with the stock router/modem that came from Virgin. Not only would WiFi connections inexplicably and randomly drop across multiple devices (three phones, two laptops, an iPad, and a WiFi extender) but two ethernet connections would also occasionally go down.

The last straw was the Wi-Fi on my partners laptop which completely stopped and was preventing her from working at home. I was on the verge of calling Virgin to complain but then discovered a modem only mode and that got me to thinking that our last BT infinity router/modem wasn't that great either so why not get a "proper" router.

Wow, this device is fantastic! We now not only have extremely robust connections across all our Wifi devices and ethernet connections but everything, including the ethernet devices, loads with a blistering pace. Also, we no longer have to use our WiFi extender as this router covers the whole flat, which is impressive considering there are six walls between the lounge and the living room.

I would say, however, that we had difficultly setting it up. I initially tried to set it up via the PC but we couldn't get any of the WiFi devices to work. After a very frustrating hour, where I just couldn't figure out what I had done wrong, I reset to factory settings and then went through the set-up instead on via an iPhone and that was very quick and easy. Just wish I had done that in the first place but I am a bit of a novice with these things.

Overall, 5 stars, highly recommended.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 27, 2015 3:34 PM GMT

Grado PS1000e Professional Series Open Backed Headphone
Grado PS1000e Professional Series Open Backed Headphone
Offered by Nintronics
Price: £1,499.95

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these headphones, 12 Aug. 2015
I love these headphones, they're without doubt my pick of the £1,000+ headphone market.

They have a wonderfully open sound and pack oodles of detail into an expansive stereo image. Everything from their impressively deep (but natural bass response to their sparkly (but not too bright) treble impresses me. They may not be as precise as the likes of Stax or the Audeze LCD3's but what they lack in accuracy they make up in absolute excitement, with every bass, mid-range and treble note conveying a resounding brilliance that I can only describe as electric which just isn't found with other brands.

If you're considering spending more than £1,000 then you should definitely give these an audition along with the Audeze LCD3's (superior accuracy) and Sennheiser HD800's (very neutral coloration, superior 3D imaging, superior comfort) in my opinion. Each have a different character and you may simply prefer one of the other, however, you should take careful consideration when matching the LCD3's with an appropriate headphone amplifier as they can sound very lacking otherwise. I've auditioned dozens within this end of the market, even the Stax and wouldn't consider any of the other brands in my short list (sorry).

The only downside is the headband and comfort of the headphone but at this price point it's ALL about how they sound. If I didn't get these I would get the LCD3's which are quite heavy anyway, so either way I'm going to suck it up, lay back on my bean bag and just enjoy some late night listening sessions.

BTW, these cans will "leak" sound because they're an OPEN back design. If you're looking for the best closed back design then you should consider the Audeze LCD XC's.

Time Management: End Procrastination and Become Productive: Be Productive and Stop Procrastination: Time Management Skills (Productivity)

1.0 out of 5 stars Ouch, I paid for that!, 27 July 2015
Can be read in 20min and offers very little in the way of substance. As a critical thinker, I find it difficult to find good resources that fall within the "self help" genre that are backed up with decent studies and solid research. I was looking for a time management refresher before I create a training session for my team but This doesn't offer anything you can't find in a blog post and reads like the author was making it up as they went along. Disappointing

No Fixed Address
No Fixed Address

1.0 out of 5 stars Reluctantly brought for GF as a show for how much I love her, 25 Nov. 2014
This review is from: No Fixed Address (Audio CD)
Reluctantly brought for GF as a show for how much I love her....

Who knows it might even be good.... wait, no! I doubt that.... This is Nickelback we're talking about right? At the risk of sounding like a music snob... no wait this is Nickelback... I guess there's no risk there either...

Well, the main thing is that she doesn't play if when I'm around and I don't begrudge her for liking them although I suspect she'll really only listen to their older stuff.

Luckily, we share lots actually good music together and she's the most wonderful beautiful person in the world.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Just to be clear, this will not convert optical ..., 17 Nov. 2014
Just to be clear, this will not convert optical to audio, I'm afraid that's just not possible without a DAC aka digital to audio convertor, the two (optical and analogue audio) just aren't compatible

20th Anniversary Absolute Balderdash
20th Anniversary Absolute Balderdash

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique trivia fun, 26 Aug. 2014
Think trivial pursuit genius addition but with the game centred around how plausible your answer sounds to the other players. Played this game for the first time on a recent camping trip and everyone loved it. Hours of fun with lots of very interesting trivia learnt along the way. Surprising that this game has been around for over twenty years and that I hadn't learnt about it until now!

BlueRigger High Speed HDMI to DVI Adapter Cable (2 Meters)
BlueRigger High Speed HDMI to DVI Adapter Cable (2 Meters)
Offered by BlueRigger LLC

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 21 Aug. 2014
Does the job

Razer Mouse Bungee Mouse Cord Management System
Razer Mouse Bungee Mouse Cord Management System

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 21 Aug. 2014
I didn’t realise how often I was conscious of the mouse cord and how often I would adjust until I got this. I really like this product.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3