Profile for Adamski > Reviews

(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
NOCO Genius Smart G1100UK Car Battery Charger
NOCO Genius Smart G1100UK Car Battery Charger

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, but more of a conditioner when it comes to larger batteries., 21 Aug. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very small and well made piece of kit. It keeps batteries in an optimal condition and is perfect for infrequently used motorcycles or summer cars which spend most of their time in the garage.

It will charge a flat battery but bear in mind this will take around a week for a car battery!

Braun Oral-B PRO 2000 CrossAction 2-Mode Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
Braun Oral-B PRO 2000 CrossAction 2-Mode Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
Offered by Its New 2 You

5.0 out of 5 stars Top marks to Oral B for a perfect toothbrush, 17 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love Oral B electric toothbrushes. Not the new-fangled sonic ones and not the ones with the large head, but these traditional small-head versions. They get into every nook and cranny! The beauty of this particular model is the two speed settings, the lower of which is supposedly for 'gum health'. I must confess to using it as more of a bedtime stealth mode, as the noise is far lower and it still appears to clean my teeth properly. So in the mornings I give them a blast, and at bedtime they have a lower volume brushing. The 'gum mode' is very good for going around the gum line after you've finished regular brushing. Obviously being lower powered, it is gentle on the gums.

As you would expect of a product designed and made in Germany, the build quality is above average. I'm a bit of a stickler for making sure that my electric toothbrush doesn't become covered in grime (and visiting friends' houses, I shudder when I see theirs), so after each use I detach the brush and thoroughly rinse it under the tap. Then I blow into the workings, roll up some toilet paper to squeeze inside and dry the brush attachment. This process (some may say 'rigmarole') takes me a couple of minutes each time but is well worth the effort.

Anyway, I digress. In my opinion there is no point going further up the Oral B range and nor is there much point in spending any less. This model is the sweet spot and the two different motor speeds are very useful. Highly recommended.

Panasonic ES-LV95-S Arc5 Wet and Dry Electric Shaver for Men
Panasonic ES-LV95-S Arc5 Wet and Dry Electric Shaver for Men

5.0 out of 5 stars The last word in electric shaving, 17 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Blimey, this thing is good. I can quite honestly state that I have never had a closer shave from an electric shaver.

The famous competing German brand seem to have lost their focus and started to produce poor cutting units, obviously as a cost 'cutting' measure. Quite why they would have lowered their performance for any other reason is beyond me but anyway, back to this Panasonic. It's big, bold and a smidgeon ugly. The cleaning bath is oversized and noisy. There's no leather travel pouch which is inexcusable in this price range...but the shave, ah the shave. Surely that's what's important here? I think so, and Panasonic certainly do because the shave is incomparable.

The manufacturing tolerances and build quality that have gone into the cutting unit are extremely impressive. This is the business end of any shaver and regardless of the motor power and battery performance, it is the blades and foil which make or break a shaver. Even six hours after shaving, I could feel nothing but baby-smooth cheeks. Of course this device does have a powerful motor and a great battery to go along with the phenomenal cutting unit. Only the price really lets it down and I'm sure it will keep this shaver of most peoples' clutches, but if you want the best and are willing to pay for it....then prepare to be amazed.

McAfee Mobile Security (PC/Android)
McAfee Mobile Security (PC/Android)

4.0 out of 5 stars A good, solid offering., 17 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm slightly disappointed that the browser protection only works with the stock browser and Chrome, but this is a failing with every Android security product out there. Otherwise this is standard, if high quality, fayre for a mobile device.

I can't see anything to elevate this offering above the Kaspersky product, but nor is it any worse. I'm not really taken by the emphasis on security for my tablet in the event it is stolen, as mine never leaves the house. I am much more concerned with avoiding viruses and malware, but all mobile security programs tend to focus on protecting your data in the event that your device is stolen (or lost). If this is important to you then this software is invaluable.

McAfee Internet Security - 1 user (Mac)
McAfee Internet Security - 1 user (Mac)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic stuff, 17 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Not quite the bells and whistles offering, search for their internet security product if you need that, but this software covers all the essentials. Providing you aren't using a dinosaur machine, there is no lag and no cumbersome installation. The scans are quick and non-intrusive, plus the daily updates are barely noticeable. I am never disappointed by a McAfee product, they're five stars every time.

McAfee Total Protection 2014 - 1 User -1 Year (PC)
McAfee Total Protection 2014 - 1 User -1 Year (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as ever, 17 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have always been totally satisfied with McAfee security products, and this year's offering is every bit as good as I've come to expect. The UI is intuitive, there is no lag or cumbersome feel to the installation, and the detection rates are always first class. I find the pricing very competitive too, leading me to find nothing to detract from a 5-star recommendation.

Colgate A1500 ProClinical Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
Colgate A1500 ProClinical Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush

4.0 out of 5 stars Noisy but effective cleaning, 17 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I find it a little high-pitched for my liking, the noise is slightly irritating. That aside, it cleans very well and the build quality is good. I do prefer the smaller heads on the standard Oral B offerings though, as they fit the back of my mouth better. Having said that, I'm sure that some people prefer the larger heads! It is subjective after all.

CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X7 (PC/DVD)
CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X7 (PC/DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous and the options are almost limitless, 19 Jun. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I don't profess to use this software to anything like the level that most do, and there are several in-depth reviews here which go into far more detail than I ever could. Suffice to say that this more than meets my requirements and is far easier to use than Photoshop. However, editing photos is but a small part of this package and the main 'draw' is the vectoring program which allows one to create pretty much anything. The only limitations are the user's own skill and yet to help you get started, there are five hours of online video tuition - should you need it (and I most certainly did).

This software is highly recommended and will satisfy almost anyone's requirements.

Nicky Clarke Desired Straightener
Nicky Clarke Desired Straightener

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value straighteners, 19 Jun. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Out of the box, these appear to be well made and sturdy. The colour is rather snazzy too! The manual controls are quite nice, I consider it a boon to not be so reliant on digital selectors from a longevity standpoint. Time will tell of course.

The plates are adjustable for different hair thicknesses and the unit heats up to the desired temperature very quickly. One minor reservation is that the plates themselves are a little thin, but then this aids in producing curls so you can argue that they're a better jack of all trades. Surely these are worth a punt considering the price versus GHD?

Belkin Sleeve with Handle and Zip Pocket for 13 inch Ultrabooks and Macbook Pro - Black/Grey
Offered by BESTBUYIT

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 19 Jun. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very well made and sturdy case, most impressive. It fits my device like a glove, is very protective and there is also room for other small items. I'm usually happy with Belkin products and this one is certainly no exception.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20