Profile for Susan Creed > Reviews

Content by Susan Creed

Susan Creed (Brittany, France)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Media Products UK  Apple Ipod Touch 4 4th Generation SUPREME Hot Pink Glossy Hard Back Protective Logo Case + Free Screen Protector
Media Products UK Apple Ipod Touch 4 4th Generation SUPREME Hot Pink Glossy Hard Back Protective Logo Case + Free Screen Protector

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks Lovely, 18 July 2011
I am so pleased with this case. It fits snugly, looks great in pink (so nice to have the logo on the back) and so far seems really resilient. Excellent price too.

Greatest Ever Sixties: The Definitive Collection
Greatest Ever Sixties: The Definitive Collection

4.0 out of 5 stars List of Tracks, 12 Jun. 2011
I thought other shoppers might like to have a list of the tracks. (I found the info on sharingarena.org.)

Track List:

CD1
1 Lulu - Shout
2 Tom Jones - It?s Not Unusual
3 Diana Ross & The Supremes - Where Did Our Love Go?
4 Petula Clark - Downtown
13 Traffic - Hole In My Shoe
14 Manfred Mann - Mighty Quinn
15 Julie Driscol, Brian Auger & The Trinity - This Wheel?s On Fire
16 Crazy World Of Arthur Brown - Fire
17 Brian Poole & The Tremeloes - Do You Love Me?
18 Tornados - Telstar

4 Tremeloes - Silence Is Golden
5 Brian Hyland - Sealed With A Kiss
6 5th Dimension - Up Up and Away
7 Gary Puckett and The Union Gap - Young Girl Get Out Of My Life
8 Scott McKenzie - San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Flowers In Your Hair)
9 Mindbenders - A Groovy Kind Of Love
10 Dave Berry - The Crying Game
11 Ralph McTell - Streets Of London
12 Jackie Trent - Where Are You Now (My Love)
13 Jim Reeves - Distant Drums
14 Neil Sedaka - Happy Birthday Sweet Sixteen
15 Roger Miller - King Of The Road
16 Johnny Preston - Running Bear
17 Engelbert Humperdinck - The Last Waltz
18 Lonnie Donegan - My Old Man's a Dustman
Comment Comments (19) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 27, 2013 10:35 AM GMT

Saturday
Saturday
by Ian McEwan

5.0 out of 5 stars A Masterpiece. There is Life Before 'Saturday' and Life After, 27 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Saturday (Paperback)
Seriously! I feel that this book has affected me profoundly - although only time will tell if that is true as I only finished it this morning. I say profound because it made me have a hard look at the way I live my life and the way I take so many things and people for granted. And the writing is beautiful. Some reviewers have said that it is boring and without a plot, but for me the author created an air of suspense right from the start and I could hardly bear to put it down. Go on. Give it a go and see who you think is right.

Relish: The Extraordinary Life of Alexis Soyer, Victorian Celebrity Chef
Relish: The Extraordinary Life of Alexis Soyer, Victorian Celebrity Chef
by Ruth Cowen

5.0 out of 5 stars A Feast of Entertainment, 27 Nov. 2010
I am interested in food and food history and I expected to be educated by this book. I wasn't disappointed because Ruth Cowen gives a thoroughly researched and complete picture of the life and times of Alexis Soyer. I did not expect, however, to be so riveted and entertained by this man's remarkable life - I could hardly bear to put the book down. I will not be parting with my copy as I know I will be reading it again in the not too distant future.

The Time Traveler's Wife
The Time Traveler's Wife
by Audrey Niffenegger

1.0 out of 5 stars Almost got to page 100, 17 Nov. 2010
I suppose this review is a bit cheeky because I haven't read very much of the book. On those occassions I don't like a book I usually struggle on because I have to find out what happens at the end. But not in this case - I couldn't care less. I did read many of the 5 star reviews and reconsidered my decision, but I just can't face going on. Another reviewer used the phrase "dull as ditchwater" and I don't think they were wrong.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 26, 2010 10:51 PM GMT

Michel Roux: Life is a Menu: Life Is a Menu - Reminiscences and Recipes from a Master Chef
by Michel Roux

5.0 out of 5 stars An interesting, inspiring and sometimes hilarious book, 20 Mar. 2010
I really didn't want to get to the end of this book but I did this morning. Michel Roux is a fascinating man and it has been wonderful to have a glimpse into his world. If my husband is sick of me reading chunks out to him he hasn't said so - there are so many passages that you just have to share with someone. It made me spontaneously laugh out loud on several occasions so beware if you are reading it on public transport!

If On A Winter's Night (Gatefold Cover)
If On A Winter's Night (Gatefold Cover)
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Not run of the mill Sting, but it's GREAT!, 2 Dec. 2009
I thought twice about bying this album because of the poor reviews but I'm very glad that my husband said "go for it"! I have always been a fan of Sting's, but when I listened to the sample tracks on Amazon I thought his voice may annoy me as it sounded rather affected. However, this has not been the case and I think that his voice really adds to the performance and meaning of the songs. I love the whole album and it really does capture the seasonal atmosphere. I am playing it now and it is sending shivers down my spine - in a good way.

Kiss The Girls [1998] [DVD]
Kiss The Girls [1998] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Morgan Freeman

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth staying up late for, 16 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Kiss The Girls [1998] [DVD] (DVD)
We watched this film last night on TV but it wasn't worth staying up for. I adore Morgan Freeman but even his presence couldn't save this dreadful movie. Dull and predictable it just didn't have that je ne sais quoi that this type of movie just has to have.

The Magician's Assistant
The Magician's Assistant
by Ann Patchett

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully Written, 6 Oct. 2009
I am just coming to the end of The Magician's Assistant and will be very sad indeed when I arrive. Some may say that I am foolish to write a review without knowing how the book ends, but they would be wrong; no matter how it ends, I would not have missed the pleasure of reading Ms Patchett's lovely prose. The story itself leads to self-examination, and the development of the main character as the pages turn is a real treat. Highly recommended.

Logitech S510 Wireless Desktop Keyboard and Mouse Set
Logitech S510 Wireless Desktop Keyboard and Mouse Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Design. Excellent Value., 16 Sept. 2009
I have been using this mouse and keyboard for about a year now (I have only just changed the batteries in the mouse) and I am very pleased with it. It looks good, I've never had a problem with the wireless facility and the mouse is (for me) very comfortable. I have docked one star because I find that the horizontal cursor movement can be a bit erratic at times; this is only annoying when I play spider solitaire which I shouldn't be wasting time on anyway! Highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3