Profile for E Hartop > Reviews

Content by E Hartop

E Hartop

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Sleepless In Manhattan (From Manhattan With Love, Book 1)
Sleepless In Manhattan (From Manhattan With Love, Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars I like Sarah Morgan's books, 8 April 2016
I like Sarah Morgan's books. She knows how to craft a good romance and you always get sucked into her stories. This is sweet and vaguely 'Friends' like in its settting. A feel good romance and great to pass the time on a long journey or wet afternoon.

Warrior (MacKenzie-Blackthorn Book 5)
Warrior (MacKenzie-Blackthorn Book 5)

3.0 out of 5 stars ... is OK and will pass a rainy afternoon quite happily. The writer tends towards the more angsty romance ..., 8 April 2016
Have read a few of Elizabeth Lowell's books and this one is OK and will pass a rainy afternoon quite happily. The writer tends towards the more angsty romance with the hero doubting himself and holding back for a climactic end. This was no different.

Ginger's Heart (a modern fairytale)
Ginger's Heart (a modern fairytale)

1.0 out of 5 stars I have enjoyed Katy Regnery's books based on fairy-tails but this is ..., 8 April 2016
I am sorry but this was a howler! I have enjoyed Katy Regnery's books based on fairy-tails but this is just cringe worthy. The heroine is just a spoilt brat and the two cousins (so close they're like brothers) are grim too; so caricatured good v bad. It was so repetitive coming from 3 different viewpoints and only got going when (massive spoiler) the good cousin dies and give the bad one a chance to redeem himself.

Fifty Shades Trilogy: Fifty Shades of Grey / Fifty Shades Darker / Fifty Shades Freed

5.0 out of 5 stars I just love this book, 15 Mar. 2015
I just love this book. Yes, I know it won't win any prizes for literature but it is such an escapist take on 'bad boy meets good girl, girl saves him' theme; pure 'Pretty Woman' meets Mills & Boon. It's full of sex and kink but not without a story line and that saves it in my view. I've now read it twice and whilst her 'inner goddess' bugged me the first time round I made my peace with her on the second time round - in fact I felt that it was much more tongue in cheek. Perhaps the kink value on the first read takes away from seeing that at first sight. All in all I think it's worth the hype and for those who hate it perhaps they shouldn't take themselves and the book so seriously!

We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves
We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves

1.0 out of 5 stars Although the premise of the book was good the twist didn't have any impact on me when ..., 15 Mar. 2015
Not for me. This was a book club choice and so I downloaded a sample from my kindle hoping that it would have lured me into the book by the end of the sample - sadly not. It was with a heavy heart that I converted to read the full book and unfortunately nothing changed. I felt the book was badly written, really didn't engage me in any shape or form and towards the end I felt as if a chunk had been left out so much so that I went back to see if somehow I'd skipped some pages by mistake. Although the premise of the book was good the twist didn't have any impact on me when it came; I didn't really care about the characters at all. Wouldn't recommend at all.

Wish Upon A Star
Wish Upon A Star

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet!!, 15 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Wish Upon A Star (Kindle Edition)
Sweet, Christmassy book. Perfect for downtime reading after a frantic Christmas. Sarah Morgan writes a good story, which is more than I can say of a lot of the new M & B writers who don't seem to be able to craft a good romantic story anymore.

To Love a Dark Lord (Mills & Boon M&B)
To Love a Dark Lord (Mills & Boon M&B)

5.0 out of 5 stars I'll buy any Anne Stuart, 20 May 2013
As I've said in other reviews Anne Stuart is an automatic buy for me. Her books are rather samey if you read them back to back but hold off for a while and I find they really keep me interested and there's always such a dark side to them. I am not sure if these are re-published books but even if they are they were very good.

Nightfire: A Protectors Novel: Marine Force Recon (Protector series)
Nightfire: A Protectors Novel: Marine Force Recon (Protector series)

4.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable plotline, 20 May 2013
This was a good read. It reminded me a little of Lora Leigh's Seal's series but wasn't quite as 'hot'. Not a bad read to fill in a lazy afternoon and kept me engaged whilst I read it. Don't think I would bother to read it again though - not a 'keeper' as they say.

Parlor Games: Fallen Angel
Parlor Games: Fallen Angel

3.0 out of 5 stars Ho Hum, 20 May 2013
Bought this for a wet afternoon read. It wasn't particularly memorable; the blurb was much better than the actual book and whilst it was some time since I read it all I can really say is that I don't think I will opt for a Jess Michaels book again.

Bose ® AE2 Remote and Microphone Accessory for Select Apple Products
Bose ® AE2 Remote and Microphone Accessory for Select Apple Products

4.0 out of 5 stars Did what is said on the box, 20 May 2013
My son's Bose cable had pulled out of the headphones when he was out and about and he hadn't noticed(?!) so these were ordered as a replacement. As I said they did what they said on the box....

Page: 1 | 2 | 3