Profile for WelshJoanne 007 > Reviews

Content by WelshJoanne 007

WelshJoanne 007 (South Wales, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Beautiful Things for Women Rainbow Moonstone Gemstone Bursting with Blue Fire Stamped 925 Sterling Silver Ring UK Size L M N O P Q R S T U (US Size 5.75 6.25 6.75 7.25 7.75 8.25 8.75 9.25 9.75 10.25)
Offered by Beautiful Things for Women

My Fitness Coach - Get In Shape (Wii)
My Fitness Coach - Get In Shape (Wii)
Offered by Bonkers4Bargains!

4.0 out of 5 stars Works for Me, 17 Nov. 2010
I put on 2 stone during my pregnancy so when my son was 7 months old and I was still struggling to lose the extra weight I thought it time to step up my efforts. Unable to afford the gym I dug out my copy of My Fitness Coach (Get in Shape) which i'd bought before my pregnancy and had forgotten about. So far i've lost 9lbs and that's just by following the 30 minute cardio routine 3 times a week - i have also cut down my portion sizes but i still have treats so it's not as if i'm following a radical diet. I find the weight section at the end of the workouts quite effective too.
It's straightforward, easy to follow and it works for me as it does what is says on the tin. I've now ordered the dance version too just to add a bit of spice...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 24, 2011 9:10 PM GMT

Failure To Launch [DVD]
Failure To Launch [DVD]
Dvd ~ Matthew McConaughey
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

4.0 out of 5 stars Ahoy there me hearties, 3 Mar. 2008
This review is from: Failure To Launch [DVD] (DVD)
I actually quite enjoyed this film but then I was in emotional turmoil at the time I bought it - having recently been dumped it was a case of "quick, quick find a girlie film to watch before you melt down and start sobbing in the aisles" (i was in Asda at the time) so confess I just picked up this film in a blind panic.

I've never really bonded with SJP but found she wasn't too bad in this film and Matthew wotshisname is so laid back that I relaxed right in - his chest is quite nice to look at and proved a valuable distraction in my time of need.

It is funny in parts - silly funny though. Don't expect too much of the film and you may be suprised to find you enjoy it. It's a fluffy, lighthearted rom com and did the trick.

Good Food: Low-fat Feasts (BBC Good Food)
Good Food: Low-fat Feasts (BBC Good Food)
by Good Homes Magazine

4.0 out of 5 stars Sterling Stuff, 21 Nov. 2007
This little book was great. Had plenty of choice, book was well set out and the recipies were very easy to follow and the majority were relatively quick to make (vital for when you get home from work starving and could eat your body weight in food before turning on the kettle nevermind the oven). Having tried two of the recipies on the weekend (and not having killed anyone as a result) I declare this book a success!!

Ministry Of Sound: Pump It Up! The Ultimate Dance Workout [DVD]
Ministry Of Sound: Pump It Up! The Ultimate Dance Workout [DVD]
Dvd ~ Pump It Up!
Offered by Telstar Entertainment

2.0 out of 5 stars Ouch., 9 July 2007
Oh.My. God. Do not buy unless you have legs of steel and can move your bottom in forward, back, side to side movements with ease (and a good deal of co-ordination). Very high intensity, very hard to copy and the women are far too good looking - i felt like a heavy sack of spuds compared to them.

If you are quite fit and co-ordinated and maybe have dance experience then it could be good and i can see how it would be quite good to lose some calories too (cos you do work!) but it's all too quick.

However, the songs on here are fab - best music ever on a keep fit dvd.

The Wild Heart
The Wild Heart

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 9 July 2007
This review is from: The Wild Heart (Audio CD)
For me this is the best Stevie Nicks album out there (although for all the hits get Enchanted). It has a bit of everything on here, gentle slow melodic songs to the more rockier side of things.

The wild heart lyric "something in my heart died last night, just one more chip off an already broken heart" has been sung along to by me in many a wine fuelled, tearful "i've just been dumped" moment so I will always hold this album close to my heart for sentimental reasons.

However, I think the main reason this album is my favourite is because as well as Wild Heart and Stand Back it has one of the most beautiful songs EVER written EVER on it, i.e. Beauty and the Beast. Now, for those of you who haven't heard this song let me tell you, it's beautiful. The lyrics are poignant and Stevie sings it it in such a haunting way that it makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up (and that doesn't happen to me often as I'm not that kind of gal!).

There are one or two duff songs on the album but then I've never ever found an album that is completely perfect so don't worry too much about them, after all that's what the forward button is for.

NB: Also check out Belladonna - another classic Stevie Nicks Album which is far far more superior than say, Street Angel (which, in my opinion, is crap).
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 13, 2010 6:23 PM BST

Erotica
Erotica
Offered by best_value_entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars A good album to practice pole dancing to..., 9 July 2007
This review is from: Erotica (Audio CD)
At least that's what I always thought. I stick on this album and I dance around my living room like a would be dominatrix (ahem). Anyway, generally if you are a Madonna fan then this is a good album with some really good songs on (main title track especially being my whip-cracking song of choice). There are a few dodgy numbers on there (Fever and Did you do it) but mainly a winner. Try before you buy is my motto.

Nell Mcandrew's Ultimate Challenge: Ultimate Results [DVD] [2004]
Nell Mcandrew's Ultimate Challenge: Ultimate Results [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Nell McAndrew
Offered by Todays Great Deal

4.0 out of 5 stars No Pain No Gain, 6 July 2007
I'm a big fan of Nell McAndrew workout DVD's - they tend to do exactly what they say on the tin and, unlike Davina McCall, she doesn't play up to the camera and just annoy the hell out of you.

The workouts definately get you sweating (and in my case swearing)!

Would definately recommend this is you like a no fuss, no nonsense, good intense workout.

B'day (Deluxe Edition)
B'day (Deluxe Edition)
Offered by best_value_entertainment

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointing, 6 July 2007
This review is from: B'day (Deluxe Edition) (Audio CD)
Apart from one or two funky songs I have to say I found this second outing from Beyonce rather dull. Don't get me wrong, it's ok if you like slow warbling ballads but they do get rather tedious. Nothing on here really lives up to Crazy in Love or Baby Boy though. I know she's boffing Jay Z but maybe she could collaborate with some other major artists to give her music more welly.

Oh well....time to check out the competition.

Jack And Sarah (1995) [DVD]
Jack And Sarah (1995) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Richard E. Grant
Offered by westworld-

4.0 out of 5 stars Keep the Kleenex to hand!, 5 July 2007
This review is from: Jack And Sarah (1995) [DVD] (DVD)
Now, not one for being sentimental I was a bit sceptical about watching this but my how i bawled. As a woman i have the excuse of hormones but I think it was a bit more than this. Superbly acted throughout and, although a little dated, it's a real "feel good" film - I had a feel good glow about me that you only usually get after eating a hot bowl of porridge. Great for snuggling up on the sofa to watch when it's cold, wet and windy outside.

Page: 1 | 2