Profile for London Girl > Reviews

Content by London Girl

London Girl "Tea Lady" (Leeds, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Sacred
Sacred

4.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 17 Feb 2012
This review is from: Sacred (Paperback)
Absolutely loved this book, it had so many twists and turns and I never saw the ending coming - which probably says a lot about me (!). A brilliant read, I highly recommend

A Drink Before The War
A Drink Before The War

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, 17 Feb 2012
This review is from: A Drink Before The War (Paperback)
I came upon this after reading Shutter Island and I was expecting so much more. However, I stuck with it and I did enjoy it enough to buy the rest of the Kenzie/Gremmaro series. It's a great introduction to the series, I just think it's not on the same level as Shutter Island was.

Prayers For Rain: 5 (Kenzie and Gennaro)
Prayers For Rain: 5 (Kenzie and Gennaro)

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 17 Feb 2012
I am working my way through all of Dennis Lehane's books (in order!) and this is so far, my favourite in the Kenzie/Gremmaro series. I literally could not put it down, and read it all in one weekend. I am now working my way through the next one, so far so good!

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2010) [DVD]
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2010) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Noomi Rapace
Offered by DVD Overstocks

4.0 out of 5 stars Just brilliant!, 17 Feb 2012
I was recommended this DVD which is how I came to it, I haven't yet read the books but I certainly intend to! This film is just gripping, some of the sex scenes are very graphic but contextually, are important. I watched it twice, the first time with subtitles and the second time dubbed - both worked well with the film. I'd highly recommend watching this, a truly great film

Toy Storage Unit
Toy Storage Unit
Offered by eShop Online

3.0 out of 5 stars Good solid item, 23 Jan 2012
This review is from: Toy Storage Unit
This was really easy to put together and so far, has stood the test of time with a 2 year old boy constantly pulling toys out. The trays are a decent size and for the money, a bargain.

Horrible Bosses [DVD] [2011]
Horrible Bosses [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Jason Bateman

3.0 out of 5 stars Good solid film, 23 Jan 2012
This review is from: Horrible Bosses [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
I really enjoyed this film, I won't go into the plot as it's been commented on lots already. This isn't a laugh out loud film with really obvious humour (although there were a couple of times I did actually laugh out loud), it's definitely more of a dark comedy with some great lines delivered by the cast. I couldn't say which boss was actually the worst, although Colin Farrell's high forehead would be enough to send me looking for another job!

A Lonely Place To Die [DVD]
A Lonely Place To Die [DVD]
Dvd ~ Melissa George

4.0 out of 5 stars Slow start, but terrific film, 23 Jan 2012
This review is from: A Lonely Place To Die [DVD] (DVD)
I think I was about 15 mins into this film, and I wondered whether I was actually going to stick with it to see the end. However, it picked up pace and and I was on the edge of my seat for the remainder of the film! The climbing shots are incredibly realistic and the acting was great by all the main characters. I highly recommend this film and would have given it 5 stars if it weren't for the incredibly slow start.

Vtech Lightning McQueen Learning Laptop Baby Learning Toy
Vtech Lightning McQueen Learning Laptop Baby Learning Toy

2.0 out of 5 stars it's ok, 28 Dec 2011
I bought this for my 2 and a half year old son thinking he would love it, he's barely looked at it and he's Cars mad! I've had a little go and I'm really disapointed in the quality of the screen, you can barely see anything - maybe that's why my son isn't interested?! I hope he picks it up again in the future, maybe he's too young for it, so currently not great value for money and perhaps an impulse buy that didn't quite work out....

Tomy Thomas & Friends Post Office Loader
Tomy Thomas & Friends Post Office Loader

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 28 Dec 2011
I was a little disappointed with this when it when we set it up, you have to make sure the train base is facing the correct way and the little pins underneath are out (took me a while to work that one out!), but my 2 and a half year old son still loves it! He's too young to set it up, but once it's done, all you can do is watch the trains going round - it's not interactive or educational, but my son loves it so it does what it's supposed to!

Tomy Thomas & Friends Loop the Loop Thomas
Tomy Thomas & Friends Loop the Loop Thomas

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected, 28 Dec 2011
I bought this for my 2 and a half year old son and after buying it, I was expecting him not to actually like it. It's not really interactive, we tried it as a loop but my son prefers it flat on the ground. Considering all he can do is watch, he loves it and as he is the market age for it, I can't fault it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12