Profile for L. Zhong > Reviews

Fractal Design Node 304 Case
Fractal Design Node 304 Case
Offered by Ballicom International

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally happy, 9 Dec. 2013
Probably the most logical design for a potentially multi purpose ITX case. I used it as a file server with 4 HDDs and one SSD. Everything is kept cool with fans at low setting. Great room for cpu cooler and tall RAMs, too.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars What more can you ask from an ITX motherboard?, 9 Dec. 2013
Simply great motherboard. Used to build one BT/iTunes/Plex/printing/everything home server. 6 SATA ports, about 16 TB total storage and one SSD, low power i5 CPU. It just works, no hiccup, no stability issues.

BTW, if you have a large media file collection and some iOS/Android devices, I strongly recommend Plex, very easy to use and beautiful interfaces.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good on Sky, 8 Dec. 2013
OK, this is the third router I tried in the last two weeks. Basically I recently bought an iPad Air, which is the first MIMO iOS device, and somehow that means it sucks at 2.4G wifi. So I wanted a dual band ASDL+WIFI router. Firstly I got the TP-LINK W8970, which works great but there's no dual band, my bad, should have read the description more carefully. The second one was a Linksys X3500, which somehow drops ADSL connection every few hours, really not what I expected from Cisco/Linksys. Finally I got this. Every wifi device in my house is just working fine, every wifi adapter is working at full mbps, ADSL connection remains stable. For other Sky adsl users, I just used one of the password calculation websites, and so far everything seems working fine.

And one very nice bonus of using 5G wifi: if you live in apartment building, it's very likely the 2.4G spectrum is very crowded, and when I use my bluetooth speaker while streaming HD movies on 2.4G wifi, it's just unusable. Now I have 5G wifi, there's finally no more interference between bluetooth and wifi.

Veo VEOADAP-MICRO-FR - cable interface/gender adapters (Lightning, Micro USB, White, Male/Female, Apple iPhone 5, 5s, 5c / iPad Mini / iPad 4 / iPod Touch 5 / iPod Nano 7)

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, 11 Aug. 2013
It works in both charging and syncing, and it's dirt cheap. What else do you want? I mean maybe it won't last as long, but who cares, just get a second one.

Transcend 32GB Premium microSDHC Class 10 UHS-I Memory Card with Adapter
Transcend 32GB Premium microSDHC Class 10 UHS-I Memory Card with Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty fast, 7 Aug. 2013
22MB/s write, 77MB/s read, tested using ATTO. In comparison, my other ADATA class 10 32gb microsd can only do 15MB/s Write and 24MB/s read.

This microsd is even faster than my other Sandisk Ultra 32gb SDHC, which can do 13MB/s write and 45MB/s read. I feel more attention is deserved here.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 21, 2015 8:23 PM BST

Transcend 32GB Ultimate SDHC Class 10 UHS-I 600x Memory Card
Transcend 32GB Ultimate SDHC Class 10 UHS-I 600x Memory Card

5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously fast, 7 Aug. 2013
55-60MB/s write, 85MB/s read. Tested using a kingson usb 3.0 card reader. Faster than Sandisk extreme, which claims(I don't have it) 45MB/s read/write, but sells at similar price.
I have two Sandisk Ultra 32gb, which is depressingly slow in comparison: 13MB/s write, 45MB/s read...They works fine with my D5100, which I guess has a large buffer, but becomes a issue with my new Panasonic GX1. I'm not sure what to do with these Sandisks right now, knowing I can get this cheap fast Transcend...

Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Screen Protector Case / Guard / Film / Cover, 2-in-1 Pack By Terrapin

2.0 out of 5 stars If you have a case, maybe this is not necessary..., 17 Feb. 2013
The title says it all. I guess it's an ok screen protector, but it's all smooth instead of matte, so Kindle screen will become much more reflective with this, and that kind of defeats the purpose of e-ink screen: readability in even bright sunlight.

I'm using the amazon case with my kindle now, and I don't see the necessity for another screen protector.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 30, 2013 3:20 PM GMT

PortaPow USB Charge and Data Cable with Apple / Micro USB / Mini USB Connectors
PortaPow USB Charge and Data Cable with Apple / Micro USB / Mini USB Connectors

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty useful, 17 Feb. 2013
Pretty useful and inventive. I bought it for an external battery, so I don't have to carry all kinds of cables around. All ports work fine as they are supposed to.

JBL On Beat Air Innovative Loud Speaker Dock with UK/EU Mains Adapter Compatible with iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S, iPod Touch 4th Gen and iPod Nano 6th Gen and iPad with AirPlay - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Feature rich, average sound quality..., 17 Feb. 2013
It does everything says on the tin. It's really easy to connect to home wifi network and airplay works with not any issue, from ipod, iphone, ipad or itunes.

There are however two great drawbacks:

First of all it does fit ipad 1-3, but only in portrait mode. This is obviously not optimal for video playback.

More importantly, its sound quality is really not great. If you have a decent laptop speaker, you'll have a rough idea how it sounds. It uses two 2 inch fullrange speaker drivers, which obviously won't give you much boom, but I believe JBL can do better than this. If you already have a proper speaker set, maybe apple TV + DAC will be a much better buy, as an airplay speaker.

Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Leather Case, Persimmon - fits all Paperwhite generations

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect..., 11 Feb. 2013
It looks stunning, fits perfectly (as you would expect from a cover by Amazon itself) and also feels pretty good in hand.

The only issue is it does add weight/volume to the device, and this generation of kindle isn't really feather light...

Also the picture shows a more orange-ish color, while the product shows little orange tune. It's almost pure red.

Page: 1 | 2