Profile for Pen_name > Reviews

Duracell Capless 32GB USB Memory Drive
Offered by MyMemory
Price: 14.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, but a warning on file size, 19 Jan 2012
The 32Gb Duracell pen drive is a nice product with quite fast read/write speed. I use it with a MacBookPro. A warning though - there is a limit to the size of individual files that you can write to a drive if you want to move between different opperating systems (4Gb -thanks K.Hinkley). I found that I had to compress the files that I was putting onto the drive as the >5Gb files that I wanted to put on there would not copy as they were too large. Compressing them down to just under 3Gb worked fine.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 26, 2012 12:31 PM GMT

She Stood There Laughing: A Man, His Son and Their Football Club
She Stood There Laughing: A Man, His Son and Their Football Club
by Stephen Foster

5.0 out of 5 stars She Stood Laughing - a book for EVERY football fan!, 25 Feb 2004
We’ve nearly all done it – driven that 300 mile round trip to see an away game, only for our team to, yet again, let us down with a pathetic show of footballing ineptitude. But for Stephen Foster, the author of the book, every game is an away game. In fact, some of the away games are closer than the home games! Foster is a Stoke City fan living in that ideally placed, centrally located metropolis of….. Norwich!
This story covers the 02/03 season of Stoke City’s first season back in the First Division for about 4 years. It tells of Fosters journeys with his son to the games and is an excellent insight into psyche of any football fan and football club. But you don’t have to be a Stoke fan to enjoy it. You’ll both laugh and cringe at the sense of familiarity that you feel with the circumstances described by Foster, no matter what club you support; puffer-jacket wearing chairmen, ‘honest’ strikers, last minute goals, first minute goals, biased referees, 4 managers in a year, etc, etc. If you know little or nothing about football (perhaps you call it 'soccer'), and think it's a glamorous, professionally run sport, then read on – you’ll be astounded!
‘Fever pitch’ this is not – it’s so much better than that. Nic Hormby’s idea of failure is not winning the championship, or loosing the final of the FA Cup. For Foster, his idea of glory is staying up on the last day of the season.
Funnily enough, I read ‘Fever Pitch’ just before I read ‘She Stood There Laughing’, and I’m glad I did. I’m a great believer of leaving the best ‘till last.
In a nutshell, ‘She Stood There Laughing’ is the best read I’ve had for a number of years. You’ll really laugh at some of the situations that the club get themselves into whilst knowing deep down that it could be just as well your club he was talking about. An essential and most enjoyable read.