Profile for Bluesarat > Reviews

Content by Bluesarat

Bluesarat "Sara T x" (uk)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
The Bone Architect
The Bone Architect

5.0 out of 5 stars Graphic content..Refreshingly Original, 8 Sep 2014
Trippy Twisting Turning Horror...Nice bit of background story before we come to the scenes of the present day...not for the faint hearted or someone who just wants a light read.Although not overly long you need to concentrate on this story the setting and characters change frequently as the perpetrator messes with the victims minds,all the way through I was unsure as to whom was the "man behind the mask" thanks to a nice steroidal overdose on the part of a main character..plus the mask literally changes at will as does the house it resides in,this creates a completely wild ride,I'm thinking acid or magic mushrooms with sex and blood,throw in a maze,some overblown egos,Jim Carrey's The Mask,a couple of dodgy characters from The Overlook Hotel and a seatbelt to hold you in for the ride..set aside some time to read in one sitting and buckle up..very original,graphic and at rollercoaster speed..truly loved it!!!

i-Blason Armorbox for Apple iPhone 5C Dual Layer Hybrid Protective Case with Built-in Screen Protector and Impact Resistant Bumpers (Black)
Offered by I-Blason EU

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect purchase!, 29 May 2014
Delighted with case and seller..the case is a perfect secure fit and appears to offer the level of protection I needed for work..I originally was put off iphones as everyone I seem to know has broken their screen.This case has an inbuilt screen protector which allows the screen to stay fully responsive unlike some cheaper designs bought off other sites ..I am such a happy bunny tonight!!!!

Dead Mech (The Apex Trilogy Book 1)
Dead Mech (The Apex Trilogy Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid 5 star Read!, 29 May 2014
Straight after reading have spent hard earned pennies on parts 2 and 3 of this trilogy..enough said,I loved it..hard hitting descriptive action..underlying plotlines all tied together in an epic read..Inventive story,brilliantly put together,terrifying and mesmerising..The characters are diverse,gritty and realistic..they make mistakes and they pay the price..noone is safe from injury or death or mech..I love the mech concept and characters,the developement of the mechs and the surprising outcomes..trying hard not to spoil the story for future readers..it really is a nonstop joy of discovery and action in an apocalyptic harsh environment..I was completely immersed,there's a lot of novel here for your money and time but totally worth everything..one of the best I have read in some time!!

Riser (Teen Horror/Science Fiction) (Book #1 in The Riser Saga)
Riser (Teen Horror/Science Fiction) (Book #1 in The Riser Saga)

3.0 out of 5 stars Something missing but well-written and original!!, 19 May 2014
Enjoyable and highly readable,very well imagined and developed..with plenty of new ideas and originality..plenty of suspense and a likeable main character..surviving and going from strength to strength with the support of her closest friends against a formidable adversary..the author is not afraid to experiment with different scenarios and paints a descriptive picture..keeping the reader hooked and interested..the only downside is that "Chelsan" has to be the most annoying name ever and there is something not quite right with the dialogue..plus the annoying fake name is overused..only a small irritation but it did distract a little from what could be an amazing series..not too sure if I will read the sequels but was interested enough to make note of them...a fair word here,the series is aimed at a teenage audience so I am perhaps a little (very) old for the target but credit where credit is due..not a bad read at all for an adult!!!

Rise Again Below Zero
Rise Again Below Zero
by Ben Tripp

5.0 out of 5 stars Much Waited For Sequel Did Not Disappoint!, 19 May 2014
This review is from: Rise Again Below Zero (Paperback)
I have previously stated and still stand by my opinion that "Rise Again" is one of the best most original books I have read in this genre..I preordered the sequel "Below Zero" and waited and waited. WORTH EVERY PENNY AND EVERY MOMENT OF THE WAIT!!.As soon as it arrived I reread the first book and was immediately enthralled back into this apocalypse with the diversity of characters surrounding Danny and her search for her sister..happily book two continues straight away with Danny and Kelley's story,an ever changing band of survivors as no characters however loved and useful are safe..absolutely brilliantly conceived,every plotline developed satisfactorily,every twist original and unexpected and a gritty satisfying climax..will not say more for fear of spoilers other than this eagerly awaited book IS A MUST READ and will be kept to read and reread!!!!!

Stress City : A Fairytale Gone Wrong
Stress City : A Fairytale Gone Wrong

5.0 out of 5 stars Gone Wrong should read Gone Vividly Wild!!!, 24 Feb 2014
I was approached by the author a few months ago regarding read for an honest review and have really devoted my time to this book.It has been an ideal story to dip in and out of every evening thus allowing me time to absorb the story I have just read..It is so vividly written that each colourful character is depicted as an entire image...bright and full of life yet when things go wrong the colour drains away from the characters.The main unlikely "heroes"of this tale are hapless Jack and Dundee...from the extra notes of the authors influences I can see Laurel and Hardy...they flit between Otherworld and Stress City,present and past time,each of which contains the same or similar characters...meaning you have to read and immerse yourself in this tale or you will lose track of the storyline..I often found myself going back over the last few pages to set things straight but they contained all the magic still of the first read through!!
The story I would have said is aimed at adults and mature teens due to some adult content though suggestive not graphic,adding to the story not detracting..There is a huge diversity and wealth of characters all so clearly depicted they have come alive for me..Stress City and Otherworld also combine elements of my favourites "The Wizard of Oz" and films like "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" with some lovely heartwarming pop culture references,a dash of original madness nicely combined with the fascinating subject of celtic mythology..completely and originally absorbing and picking up on some of my personal favourite subjects.
To be honest I absolutely adored this,the only let down is its only the first part... but on the upside I am definitely adding the next two to my wish list and keeping updated with the useful social media links at the end of the book...a pure delight and gem..One of those rare books I keep to read and reread!!!

Anno Zombus:  Year 1;  July
Anno Zombus: Year 1; July

4.0 out of 5 stars Keep Going I am sensing something excellent occurring!, 30 Dec 2013
xcellent installment in an entertaining series,,this was the first one I actually bought,couldn't wait for it to come up as possible freebie so paid and enjoyed,devoured it like a meat-beast and travelled Australia with our group every step of the blighted way!

Pyramids
Pyramids

4.0 out of 5 stars Steam Punk Gothic Vampire Succubi fantasy!, 30 Dec 2013
This review is from: Pyramids (Kindle Edition)
Loved this..all apart from the cover,didn't like that at all but the story is excellent..a review on Goodreads states the mix of vampire an dVictorian is wierd but it is not a mix of that at all...I loved the The Glass Books of the Dream Eaters and steam punk fiction..dystopian alternate realities and that is this with a succubi...a sexual vampire mixed in.Brillant intelligent characters,tangled real relationships and I could read more about this scene and these "people"..absolutely fascinated during the story developement..Dorothy's embracing of her destiny and maturing into a strong "woman" that she was always meant to be..enthralled and had to recommend!

Aftermath (Invasion of the Dead, BOOK 1)
Aftermath (Invasion of the Dead, BOOK 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice concept and readable!, 30 Dec 2013
Really liked the idea and stuck with this through to the end,I daresay if the rest was at a sensible price I might well carry on with it,the only let down for me was wooden dialogue,something wasn't right..It is just a bit simplistic and unreal but I have read worse,I have given up on worse and I must have enjoyed the story despite the characters to keep going through to the very last page!!

The Urchin: Plague of Vampires
The Urchin: Plague of Vampires

4.0 out of 5 stars Highly readable and highly enjoyable!, 30 Dec 2013
Lord of the Flies meets The Lost Boys..highly readable,would appeal to mature adults wanting a satisfying light read and YA audience..through the downing of a pilot and his craft,his rescue by a group of kids and repatriation to their home..what was once their school but is now a heavily armed fortress, run under strict discipline to protect themselves against their former schoolmates and teachers..you guessed it,they are vampires.There has been a major apocalyptic incident and none of the world is as was but here the rules have been bent further,we have mean vampires,the kids under Vance's leadership have become self sufficient and a tight team..but it doesn't take too much for cracks to appear.Loyalties,friendships and brotherhood are explored and tested during the struggle for survival coming to a completely satisfying conclusion..one of those books that just leaves a great taste after finishing!!Will look for more by this author,highly readable!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15