Profile for Cat > Reviews

Eylure Brow Palette, Blonde
Eylure Brow Palette, Blonde

4.0 out of 5 stars Brow game is... kinda strong., 22 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This brow palette is decent enough. It's similar to the Benefit Browzing product I use only without the handy guide of how to apply. If you haven't used a brow brush kit before, this could be a little confusing at first use.

Use the angled brush to apply the wax to your eyebrows, this helps them to keep shape. Use the power to apply core colour to the brow. There's also a highlighter to apply under your brow but personally, I didn't find this necessary.

This is labelled as being for blondes... I have light brown/dark blonde hair but dark eyebrows and this was fine for me. If you have pale eyebrows and don't want to look to harsh, I would suggest this is a little dark.

BLACK+DECKER RS890K-GB 500 W Scorpion-Powered Hand Saw with Kitbox and Auto-Select

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tool for a DIY enthusiast, 17 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this for my Dad who is the DIY king. Having built two houses (with help of course!) he is the go-to for all DIY expertise. He loved this hand saw straight off the bat. It was super easy to set up with just a release button to change the blade. It has different settings: saw, jigsaw & prune and is not only easy to use but cuts smoothly. It comes in a hard plastic case for carrying and storage.

Cakeology: Over 20 Sensational Step-By-Step Cake Decorating Projects
Cakeology: Over 20 Sensational Step-By-Step Cake Decorating Projects
by Juliet Sear

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational cakes that would need some experience to implement, 9 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A beautiful looking book filled with cool looking cakes that I'm not sure a newbie could make, but it's inspiring none-the-less.

The contents page breaks the projects down into levels so you can start with the easier ones (cookies and cupcakes) and build up your skill level. I would say however, that this book is probably better suited to someone who has some experience in sugarcraft and piping otherwise it may just end up on a shelf in a newbie's kitchen gathering dust.

I will definitely be trying some of the easier recipes such as the Salted Caramel Cupcakes. With a handy 'basics' section, you can read up on the dos and don'ts before you attempt any of the more intricate cakes. The piñata cake looks amazing! I'm definitely going to take inspiration from that one!

Panasonic RP-DJS150E-R Fully Folding DJ Style Headphone
Panasonic RP-DJS150E-R Fully Folding DJ Style Headphone

2.0 out of 5 stars Look elsewhere for better quality, 9 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These headphones are made from sectioned plastic so you can fold them down into a smaller size for storage/carrying. Aesthetically speaking though, these look cheap. I have a similarly priced Sony pair that look a much better quality than these. I just wasn't a fan of the sectioned plastic, however handy it is.

The sound is okay for a £16 pair of headphones but certainly not great quality. If you're not an audiophile, they'll do fine. If you care about sound quality, you probably want to invest in some high-end headphones. All in all, I think there are better products out there for the cost.

Philips GC1020/70 EasySpeed Steam Iron with 70 g Steam Boost, 0.2 Litre, 1800 W, Green

4.0 out of 5 stars Great cost, perfect for someone who rarely irons, 30 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I hate ironing. As a 30 year old woman who works full time and has an active social life, the last thing I want to do when I get home is iron. I have maintained a smashing method of washing/drying clothes that enables me to use my free time not strapped to an ironing board, while not giving off the air of someone who has slept in their clothes.

Having said that, there's always that one wedding, that one meeting, that one christening when you need to make the extra effort and get the iron out. This is where the Philips Easy Speed Iron comes in. It heats up really quickly so you're not waiting around and does exactly what an iron should. I don't need an iron to make my tea and put the wash on, I just need to get the creases out of clothes. There's a steam option for those extra deep creases which is easy to engage and overall the iron is easy to use. Turn it on, wait for heat, run over clothes.

The price point is great, I don't want to spend a lot of money on something I used twice a year max. All in all, I was very happy with it.

Philips SatinPerfect Deluxe HP6581/03 Wet and Dry Epilator, with Skin Tautening Attachment, Shaver Head and Precision Epilator
Offered by Activecare Online

3.0 out of 5 stars Better instructions and more thorough hair removal needed, 30 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is quite the kit! You get pretty much everything you could ever need including multiple attachments which honestly, are rather confusing. If you haven't used an epilator before (much like me), the instructions that come with it are not overly helpful. They've used pictograms rather than reprint in various languages but the pictograms aren't very clear.

Once you've worked out what you're doing, which in fairness is pretty simple with the straightforward epilating of the leg area, its a good product. I found that while its painful, its bearable. It's much like having a wax only the noise is increased and can be a little irritating. I have a low pain threshold but can make it through both lower legs before wanting to stop!

The epilating itself is a little hit and miss. Having to grow the hair out is a pain (as with waxing), especially in the summer. This product claims the hair doesn't need to be that long but my experience is that the shorter hairs don't get picked up.

Since using the epilator, I've found that I have slower regrowth of the hair on my legs and once they come through, they're less course. I had to shave afterwards also, to pick up those hairs that were missed. You also get a lovely rash afterwards (at least I did) which lasts about 36 hours (again, the same as waxing). So don't use it the day before you want smooth legs!

I haven't been brave enough to use any of the other attachments yet...

Panasonic ALL3 Wireless Speaker System (White)
Panasonic ALL3 Wireless Speaker System (White)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sound and easy to set up., 4 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Once out of the box, this is really easy to set up if you just follow the instructions provided. You have to download the free app to stream your music through, which is a bit of a faff when you're used to apple airplay or other such methods. Once I'd downloaded the app, it immediately wanted me to download an update for the device which was little annoying as I just wanted to start playing music! It only took five minutes though and it as all set to go.

The sound is amazing - I found it to be perfect playback. The volume goes pretty high which is ideal for a house party. The downside is there's no remote so you have to adjust the volume manually - it doesn't even link back to your phone volume controls.

This is a pretty heavy unit for its size. We have a Bose Soundlink Mini Bluetooth which is a lot more compact and easy to stream to (no apps to download, just hook up via the bluetooth on your device: phone, laptop etc). The reason I won't give this five stars is that I believe there are other units available which, depending on your requirements, are better.

Oster Blender Classic, 1.25 Litre, 600 W, Chrome
Oster Blender Classic, 1.25 Litre, 600 W, Chrome

4.0 out of 5 stars Shiny Powerful Blender, 18 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Oster Beehive Blender does exactly what I needed it to do: make smoothies and juices. It does this effortlessly with a powerful blender that cuts through anything that you throw into it and blends it to a pulp. Whether you are making simple shakes or healthy smoothies, this blender will do the job and more.

It is quite heavy for its size, but this makes it appear like a good solid product. It is shiny, but very easy to keep clean. Out of the box, it doesn't take long to assemble and is quick and easy to use. Taking it apart is just as easy, with it also being very easy to clean.

RESEED Ginkgo and Sabal fortifying Shampoo for Women 250 ml
RESEED Ginkgo and Sabal fortifying Shampoo for Women 250 ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Not immediately striking., 9 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have naturally thick hair so this probably isn't product isn't aimed at me! It smells lovely and my hair seem to dry quicker than usual (!) but other than that, I didn't notice a massive difference. Obviously a prolonged use would show other benefits but these things take time. Will update with more information once I've used the product for a month or so.

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick - 4.2 g, Pink in the Afternoon
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick - 4.2 g, Pink in the Afternoon

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Tradional Lipstick but be prepared to reapply., 5 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is what I would call a 'tradional' lipstick. It's a creamy texture and has a matt finish, but it comes off on glasses and wipes off easily meaning repeated applications. Pink in the afternoon is a girly, neutral colour which is perfect when you have strong eye make up and want something subtle on the lip.

I like it, but I prefer my lip colours that don't leave marks and stay the distance.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13