Profile for GreatGran > Reviews

The story of a troll-hunt
by James McBryde
Edition: Unknown Binding

5.0 out of 5 stars My earliest remembered book, 28 Jan 2011
This review is from: The story of a troll-hunt
I was brought up on 'The Troll Hunt', an original copy of which was given to my grandfather, Dr Sydney Beauchamp, by Gwendolen McBryde. It was a long time before I could read the characterful but illegible script myself. However my mother's reading of the spare and witty text still rings in my 4 year old ears as I roll about in helpless laughter at the enchanted drawings; they still do. I have long felt that it would be great if someone produced a replica of this treasure for future generations to enjoy. It was quite by chance I found that indeed they had and I wait agog for my copy. I will be able to retire my original copy and let the grand and greatgrandchildren free access to explore this hilariously recorded adventure. It is a rare treat for the discriminating - enjoy !

All Surface Swingball
All Surface Swingball
Price: 19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Keep it swinging, 6 Sep 2010
Children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren congregate at a Welsh mountain farmhouse for the holidays. When not walking, biking or eating, the Mookie Swingball has been in constant use by all ages from 5 to 85.
It really has been a great success. Even if it does not improve ones capacity to keep the ball in the court it is great for getting your eye in and biffing it as hard as you like. And you don't have to spend half the time looking for lost balls !