Profile for Mr. H. I. Jamil > Reviews

Ultra 3800mAh High Capacity Battery for Samsung Galaxy S3 SIII i9300 EB-L1G6LLU
Ultra 3800mAh High Capacity Battery for Samsung Galaxy S3 SIII i9300 EB-L1G6LLU
Offered by LAKINYEMI
Price: 9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Was dubious to buy this but pleasantly surprised!, 26 Mar 2014
After having tried another cheap replacement battery from a local shop, which turned out to be even worse than my original 2 year old samsung battery in my galaxy S3, I was dubious to by this product, but a colleague had bought a similar one for his galaxy s4 and was raving about it.

I have to say I was very impressed with this product. Being a power user, I use my galaxy for business and am constantly making calls and checking emails, using apps, etc. Where my original battery would be dead before the end of the business day, this battery was at 53%!! Very impressed and would seriously recommend to anybody who wants extended battery life.

Philips TT2040 Rechargeable All-in-One Bodygroom Pro
Philips TT2040 Rechargeable All-in-One Bodygroom Pro
Price: 49.50

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok but not worth the price, 12 Feb 2014
So a lot of gents have reviewed this whilst trimming the nether regions and I will do the same.

Even with the 3D pivoting head, there is no way to stop the little nicks and scratches you get on when trimming said areas. I actually found it easier to trim down there with a Babyliss Beard Trimmer which is smaller in the hand and easier to manouvre into different areas.

Considering the price and reviews, I was expecting a flawless product but that's not what I got. The charging stand is nice enough, along with the nice idea of having a double ended machine for different areas, but unfortunately it doesn't cut the mustard. You get an extra year's warranty on the item if you register on the Philips website which is a nice touch but from experience the majority of things that go wrong tend to go wrong after 2 years anyway. It's very rare you'll activate your warranty within the warranty period.

Perhaps the best in it's class but still not good enough. Back to the drawing board for Philips

Philips QT4090/32 Black Pro Stubble Trimmer with Turbo Vacuum and Additional Stubble Comb (Packaging Varies)
Offered by AOT (VAT registered)
Price: 118.42

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent but not without it's flaws, 12 Feb 2014
I'll keep it short and sweet. The vacuum function doesn't work anywhere near as well as advertised. It is advertised that you can trim whilst watching TV. Not true unless you want hair everywhere. It does catch some hairs and makes trimming over the sink or in the shower a bit tidier but definitely doesn't pick up all the hairs, probably half to 3/4 of the hair.

Also the increments at which the adjustable clipper goes up and down is quite different to regular clippers. Your traditional "number 1" or "number 2" aren't the same on this shaver.

That said, still a nice piece of machinery which you can get an extra year's warranty on when you register on the Philips website. 3 out of 5 is a fair rating when price, functionality, warranty etc is all taken into account.

Emjoi MICRO Pedi Portable Pedicure Device
Emjoi MICRO Pedi Portable Pedicure Device
Price: 19.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 12 Feb 2014
Returned this within a few weeks of purchasing it.

While the motorised function takes the stress and aching hands out of the equation when cleaning dead skin off the feet. Also, you don't have to position your feet awkwardly when cleaning. It gets 2 stars for those plus points.

The negatives - hugely expensive. The cost of the motor you can write off as a one-off payment, but the cost of the rollers really takes the biscuit and that's the reason why it's a waste of money. The rollers last maximum 5 or 6 sessions and cost a fortune to replace. The cost of one roller is more than my Scholl Skin Remover which does a better job in lesser time. The Scholl Skin Remover will last me 10 years, one of the rollers lasts about 10 days.

So if you are incredibly lazy or stupidly rich, this product is for you. If you are a normal person - buy a foot skin remover.

My main gripe with the product is the finish it gives. If it took less time and didn't cause sensitivity on the bottom of the feet after use - I'd probably stick with it despite the negatives. The end product isn't great, it just seems to make a lot of noise and doesn't produce must dust (dead skin).

Sonixx X-Fit Wireless Earphones Bluetooth Headphones / Headset with Microphone - 3 Year Warranty
Offered by iHeadphones UK
Price: 34.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Shockingly poor range, 4 Nov 2013
Really disappointed with the product. The build quality is decent and they are comfortable enough to wear but the range is absolutely shocking. I don't understand how anybody can use this product. I sit at my desk with my Mac Mini less than 30cm from me and the sound keeps cutting out for 2-5 seconds at a time. How these are meant to work when on the move, God only knows. I haven't found a set of earphones (not headphones) that have a seamless wireless connection, they all seem to cut out. This set it being returned for a full refund after less than 5 minutes of usage.

Apple iPod Shuffle 2GB - Blue
Apple iPod Shuffle 2GB - Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Get what you pay for, 10 Jan 2009
Nicholas Naughton above: what do you expect for the price. the product description is pretty accurate.

you can see it doesn't have a screen or any menus, you just turn it on and it shuffles a couple of songs, end of story.