Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "book lover" (essex, england)

Page: 1 | 2
Morphy Richards 732000 2-in-1 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner - Grey
Morphy Richards 732000 2-in-1 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner - Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely cordless vacuum., 3 Sept. 2014
Brilliant item! I really love it. I debated about which cordless vacuum to get and this one looked and sounded good on the reviews and demos . I have not been disappointed. It holds it charge well, is compact - folds down on its stand -and easy to use. I can quickly hoover round my house( bungalow) in no time. Very pleased. Would definitely recommend this product.

Living 14 Bottle Wine Rack - Chrome
Living 14 Bottle Wine Rack - Chrome
Offered by Thinkprice

5.0 out of 5 stars good wine rack, 22 Nov. 2013
good value wine rack, attractive. really pleased with the purchase, would recommend this item. its easily assembled and sturdy enough.

Black + Blum Lunch Pot, Black
Black + Blum Lunch Pot, Black

4.0 out of 5 stars pleased with purchase., 22 Nov. 2013
I was pleased with item, delivery good. I use it for work and its easy to carry about, only thing I don't like is the 'spork' prefer to use a normal fork.

Emma's Secret: A Novel (Finding Emma Series Book 2)
Emma's Secret: A Novel (Finding Emma Series Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars good follow up, 22 Nov. 2013
good follow up to previous story, I enjoyed it. I would recommend reading both these books. They are well written.

3ft Brown Single Gas Lift Up Ottoman Storage Bed
3ft Brown Single Gas Lift Up Ottoman Storage Bed
Offered by bedsandbeds

5.0 out of 5 stars pleased with the bed, 21 Nov. 2013
I ordered this bed on Saturday afternoon and it came on the Tuesday morning. easy to assemble, seems good quality and good value. I slept on it last night and was comfy. I also like the lift ups storage area. very pleased. would recommend.

Mooncandles Shake - 2 Wax Colour Changing Shake Candles
Mooncandles Shake - 2 Wax Colour Changing Shake Candles

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely candles, 29 Oct. 2011
i have just got these candles and am very pleased with them. they are very effective, look like real candles are easy to operate and I will be purchasing more for christmas presents. well worth the money.

One Moment, One Morning
One Moment, One Morning
by Sarah Rayner

3.0 out of 5 stars ok but not a 'page turner', 18 Aug. 2010
I too bought this book as was attracted by the cover which said a 'page turner' but it wasn't as good as I thought it would be. It starts off well and is indeed touching and emotional in Karen's part reducing me to tears at one point, but it seems to lose its way towards the second half and I kept waiting for something else to happen. The characters don't seem very believable and were a bit stereotyped( as in Lou's case with her visit to mother and other relatives). I persevered with the book but wouldn't read any others by this author. It is too lightweight and nothing like Jodi Piccoult.

Love Never Dies (2CD+DVD Special Edition)
Love Never Dies (2CD+DVD Special Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely, memorable songs., 9 April 2010
Great! music is superb- just been to see the show which makes listening to the cd even better as i can truly visualise it. Best songs are 'til i hear you sing'; beneath a moonless sky'; 'why does she love me?' and the truly gorgeous 'love never dies'. I would say this cd is well worth the money -with the added bonus of the dvd-and i would definitely recommend it.

The Other Half Lives (Culver Valley Crime)
The Other Half Lives (Culver Valley Crime)
by Sophie Hannah

3.0 out of 5 stars 'overlong', 2 Jan. 2010
I have just finished reading this book and enjoyed it in many ways. It was a fairly easy read and quite gripping; however the plot became more confusing as the book went on and I felt the book itself was too long and drawn out. I was confused in places with what was going on. I have read two of sophie hannah's books before- 'little face' and 'hurting distance' so i quite like the style she writes in and understand where she is coming from - i know her books arent everyone's 'thing'- and am about to read 'To the point of rescue'. The 'other half lives' is worth a read but is not her best.

Fathers & Sons
Fathers & Sons
by Richard Madeley

5.0 out of 5 stars fathers and sons, 15 Jun. 2009
This review is from: Fathers & Sons (Hardcover)
i am not a huge fan of Richard nor do I usually read this type of book, preferring fiction, but something made me want to read this and I am so glad I did. It is a great read, makes you cry and smile but avoiding over sentimentality, and as I come from Essex I know all the places he writes about in the book where he grew up. He is also 'my generation' so I can relate to some of the wartime stories my parents used to tell me and to the era he himself grew up in. I shall recommend this book to friends and family. A great read from a genuine man, and loving father.

Page: 1 | 2