Profile for S. Ralph > Reviews

Content by S. Ralph

S. Ralph "Ecogael" (Scottish Highlands)

iPad Mini Keyboard, JETech Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard Case for Apple iPad Mini 1/2/3 with 360 Degree Rotation and Multi-Angel Stand
Offered by JEDirect UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, would recommend, 25 Aug. 2015
Great product, works well, charge lasts a long time

Wagg Complete Worker Dry Mix Dog Food Chicken & Vegetables, 17kg
Wagg Complete Worker Dry Mix Dog Food Chicken & Vegetables, 17kg

5.0 out of 5 stars affordable and good quality, 8 Jun. 2013
Price is very important to me, but I don't want to feed my dog rubbish either. When we got her from a farm breeder they had been feeding all their pups on Wagg and now she's 2 and still gets it. Have tried other cheap brands but she wasn't keen, so sticking with this stuff!

Wagg Puppy Food Complete Dry Mix 12 kg
Wagg Puppy Food Complete Dry Mix 12 kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Wagg is the dog's b....., 10 April 2012
Bought this for the past 10 months for our pup, as it was what the breeder had been feeding her, and she is certainly thriving on it. Shiny coat, plenty of energy, and of course it's not as dear as some dog foods.

Colourful fair trade raffia placemat set of 6
Colourful fair trade raffia placemat set of 6

5.0 out of 5 stars Vibrant colours, sturdy and well-made, 1 Aug. 2009
These have really brightened up my dining table, they are also bigger than they look from the picture. Can be wiped clean with a cloth.

Ecozone Ecoballs 1000 Refill Pellets
Ecozone Ecoballs 1000 Refill Pellets
Offered by Toy and Gift Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Stick them in and forget about them, easy peasy!, 1 Aug. 2009
Really easy to use, this is my first refill I have had to buy after buying the original Ecoballs set 2 years ago, and that's not just on half-hour 30C washes either.

The Salterton Trilogy: Tempest-Tost, Leaven of Malice, A Mixture of Frailties
The Salterton Trilogy: Tempest-Tost, Leaven of Malice, A Mixture of Frailties
by Robertson Davies

5.0 out of 5 stars Briliant characterisation, 8 Nov. 2001
Woven together by a common location and some of the main characters, this is a saga of the highs and lows of the human condition, which will demand your attention even when you manage to put it down to go and do something less interesting. The characters are alive, Davies' descriptive powers make them dance in front of your eyes, especially Humphrey Cobbler, and the awesome grotesque burden that is Louisa Hansen Bridgetower, (I always imagined her as a Jabba the Hutt type figure when I was reading this!) who is the source of so much misery to her descendants but also the source of great enlightenment to her benefactor. Stunning!

The Cunning Man
The Cunning Man
by Robertson Davies

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book I've ever read!, 26 Sept. 2001
This review is from: The Cunning Man (Paperback)
When I finished this book I was elated and sad at the same time. Sad because I didn't want to leave behind the world that the author had created. Robertson Davies incorporated his vast knowledge of a multitude of diverse subjects into this book, thereby painting a picture of Canadian society which is intimate and welcoming, full of so much detail about the minutiae of everyday life and incidental snippets of information, that on finishing the novel I felt like I had been on a long journey, one which was both entertaining and exhausting! Fabulous, fabulous book!

Lightbulb Sun
Lightbulb Sun
Offered by JB's CDs DVDs

5.0 out of 5 stars Come back Prog all is forgiven!, 12 July 2001
This review is from: Lightbulb Sun (Audio CD)
At the moment I can't listen to anything else! I bought this a few weeks ago and it has hardly been put back in its cover. Favourite tracks are Shesmovedon and Last Chance to Evacuate Planet Earth and The Rest Will Flow. wonderful guitar breaks, (esp Shesmovedon) subliminal stuff! come back prog all is forgiven. I think Richard Barbieri used to be in Japan back in the 80s, this is evident in the atmospheric bits. I have to say I'm not so keen on Russia on Ice but maybe just haven't listened to it as much as the other tracks yet. to sum up: trippy guitar solos, melancholic atmosphere but somehow incredibly uplifting too!