Profile for Ms. Mc > Reviews

Content by Ms. Mc

Ms. Mc "Subgirl" (Ireland)

Read Write Inc. Phonics: Purple Set 2 B/W Storybooks: Mixed Pack of 10 books
Read Write Inc. Phonics: Purple Set 2 B/W Storybooks: Mixed Pack of 10 books
by Ruth Miskin
Price: 9.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful books, 30 Oct 2009
These books really improved my class's reading last year. They're confidence grew with each book they were able to read on their own and they loved the little storylines too.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 10, 2012 7:04 PM GMT

The Teddy Bears' Picnic and Other Stories: Role Play in the Early Years Drama Activities for 3-7 year-olds
by Boulton
Price: 16.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great resource, 30 Oct 2009
This is a great resource for teaching drama to young children, it has all the steps you need for each drama lesson and the kids love the activities too. I have all three books and they are the only books you need for drama!

When Santa Turned Green
When Santa Turned Green
by Victoria Perla

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely story, 30 Oct 2009
I love this book! A nice story with a lovely lesson about caring for the environemnt. Great for school, integrates well with a few subject areas.

Display for All Seasons: A Thematic Approach to Infant Teaching
Display for All Seasons: A Thematic Approach to Infant Teaching
by Judith Makoff

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic resource, 30 Oct 2009
This book gives fantastic ideas, poems, stories and activities to correspond with each theme along with an illustration of a display idea. I find it to be a great resource when planning thematically, as it gives ideas of many themes and also various resources for the topic. The best Belair book by far!

The Story of Ireland
The Story of Ireland
by Brendan O'Brien
Price: 14.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 24 Feb 2008
This review is from: The Story of Ireland (Hardcover)
Fabulous book for teaching children a concise history of Ireland in an easy to read, humurour fashion. Highly recommended.

Salem Falls
Salem Falls
by Jodi Picoult

2.0 out of 5 stars Predictable, 8 Jan 2008
This review is from: Salem Falls (Paperback)
Having read many of Jodi Picoult's better books; My Sister's Keeper and The Pact being my favourites, I found this book thoroughly predictable to the point of annoyance. After ploughing through the first few chapters I felt like just giving up on it but there's something about Picoult's books that makes them un-put-downable. Maybe its the fact that I'd read her other books which were so good and hoped for this to live up to the expectation. It didn't, glad I borrowed it from the library instead of buying.
If you are thinking of reading this, I'd advise you to pick one of Picoult's better books instead; My Sister's Keeper, Harvesting The Heart, The Pact.....

The Art of Teaching Writing
The Art of Teaching Writing
by Lucy McCormick Calkins

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent teaching resource., 29 Dec 2007
I bought this book when I was in teacher training college, and found it to be an invaluable resource for the implementation of writer's workshop in the classroom. It is the most used resourse book in my teaching library and I have recommended it to many collegues, who have also found it invaluable. McCormick Calkins explains the importance of writing, and how to go about teaching the writing process in an easy-to-follow and simple manner. It is without a shadow of a doubt THE best teaching resource I have come across in my career.

The Legend of the Poinsettia
The Legend of the Poinsettia
by Tomie de Paola
Price: 4.14

5.0 out of 5 stars What a wonderful book!, 29 Dec 2007
As a primary teacher I have used this story every year around christmastime and each class have loved it as much as I do! A beautifully written and fabulously illustrated story.

The Barefoot Book of Pirates (Book & CD)
The Barefoot Book of Pirates (Book & CD)
by Richard Walker
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 30 Oct 2007
I am a BEd student on TP and have used this book so many times, the stories are so interesting and my pirate mad class of 7 and 8 year olds love them! The beautiful illustrations and a fantastic audio CD add to the magic of this wonderful addition to or library.