Profile for A. Mulligan > Reviews

Content by A. Mulligan

A. Mulligan "Iwearscarves" (Liverpool)

Page: 1 | 2
Pretty Ceramic Jewellery Ring Hand Tray
Pretty Ceramic Jewellery Ring Hand Tray

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and tacky looking, 19 Jan 2014
I bought this for my Mum's birthday, it arrived the day before and was quite gutted to be honest, as I didn't have time to find anything else for her to replace this. The picture is deceiving, the paintwork and glitter is so cheap looking, for the price I was expecting something a bit better. I gave it to my Mum, full of apologies, she liked it and it has pride of place on her dresser, however she's not exactly going to say she doesn't like a birthday present.. look elsewhere for something with a bit more taste!

Harry Potter Paperback Boxed Set (Harry Potter Signature Edition)
Harry Potter Paperback Boxed Set (Harry Potter Signature Edition)
by J. K. Rowling
Price: 48.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect as a gift, 19 Jan 2014
I bought this set for my brother and sister in law for Christmas. I didn't want to pass it over, the box was lovely, and the book covers were all lovely too. They haven't read all of the books yet, so I can't comment on whether there are any errors in the books.

2014-2015 academic A5 wiro bound week to view diary - avant garde designs
2014-2015 academic A5 wiro bound week to view diary - avant garde designs
Offered by FiveBoys Stationery Ltd
Price: 1.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed, 19 Jan 2014
Good quality paper, a decent size, and a nice cover on it. Just what I needed for college. Until a yoghurt pot split in my bag and completely ruined it! Seeing as they're so cheap, I decided to buy another one to replace it, so yes they're great unless you cover it in a toffee yoghurt!

Rhodium Plated Captain America Cufflinks Marvel Comics Formal Wear
Rhodium Plated Captain America Cufflinks Marvel Comics Formal Wear
Offered by coolfashionstore
Price: 2.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality!, 19 Jan 2014
I bought these as a Christmas present for my brother. They look amazing, considering how cheap they were, I wanted to keep them for myself!

Pac Man lighter. Power up
Pac Man lighter. Power up
Offered by Kapow Gifts
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A great novelty gift!, 19 Jan 2014
I bought this as a Christmas present for a friend who is obsessed with Pacman. He doesn't smoke, but has a liking for the old Zippo lighters where you flick them against your jeans to light them. The lighter was a better quality than I was expecting, especially for the price, and my friend loved it. However, you don't get lighter fluid with it (for safety reasons of course) so remember to buy some if you order this.

Enrapture Extremity Heated Rollers
Enrapture Extremity Heated Rollers
Offered by eShopingUK
Price: 76.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for me, 19 Jan 2014
Things to know about me first:
- my hair is shoulder length with layers
- my hair is naturally curly
- I am in no way a pro at hair styling

I've only used these once (last night) but I had such a good result I felt like I needed to write a review. I've used velcro rollers before and didn't like the result, so was initially weary of buying these. However the Enrapture rollers have a soft finish to them, so your hair doesn't get stuck to them like velcro rollers.

I washed my hair, blowdried it (you can't use the rollers on wet hair), then turned on the rollers. They are ready in 2 minutes then you have to turn them off otherwise the rollers will get hotter and hotter. At first I found it to be fiddly to roll them, but like I said I'm not a pro and not used to rollers, but after a few goes I was fine. I left them in for less than an hour, for a night out I'd probably want to keep them in for a lot longer, but as this was just a quick go and I was going to bed I took them out early.

The results after less than one hour were amazing. My hair is shoulder length and it dramatically changed the style of my hair (think of Scarlett Johansson in The Avengers, my hair was just like that!), I was pretty amazed by it. Next time I try it I think I will wash my hair the day before, or at least a few hours before putting the rollers in, just to let my hair "settle", as my hair goes quite frizzy after it's blowdried. It didn't affect the results but I think because my hair was so soft and fuzzy that's why I found it to be so fiddly.
The next morning the curls had stayed in, they'd dropped down to a soft curl but had kept the volume, I just added some mousse, fixed my fringe and went out! I can imagine they'd be great to take for a weekend away, you can leave them in for a few hours, have a night out, then the next day pop them back on your hair for a quick top up curl as you're doing your makeup and getting ready, it'd be a lot quicker than using a curling wand!

I definitely recommend these rollers but I think it depends on your hair. If your hair is naturally straight or drops curls quickly it might be a waste of money, or if you have really long hair it might not have the same effect as it did on my hair. I've noticed a few bad reviews saying it didn't work for them, but some products don't work for everyone, I'm just so pleased that they worked for me! I'd recommend at least giving them a go, if you're not satisfied with the end result you can always send it back.

Posseik 917 08 Wall Shelves Beech Imitation
Posseik 917 08 Wall Shelves Beech Imitation
Price: 39.66

3.0 out of 5 stars Paying cheap for something cheap., 8 Oct 2013
The instructions are in German, so didn't get off to a great start, but have put together many flatpacks in my time I had a general jist on it. The screws provided were awful, so my Dad helped and used some decent screws and fixed it together. Once it's on the wall it looks nice, but I'd probably go to Ikea next time for something similarly priced but better quality.

Twin Pk Handcrafted Christmas Money Wallets Presents/Shoes. (Wallet size 21x 10cm approx)

5.0 out of 5 stars Would highly recommend!, 8 Oct 2013
I bought some theatre tickets as a gift for Christmas, and didn't want to just hand them over in the envelope they were delivered in. For the price I paid for the two money wallets, the quality is brilliant. They are a good size, the tickets fit in perfectly and have the slits cut out to slide the tickets or money into so they won't budge. When you open the card there is an extra flap to write a message. I couldn't find any anywhere else so they were perfect for what I wanted them for.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 1 May 2013
I wear prescription contact lenses so putting these in wasn't a problem. I have blue eyes so the colour looked great and freaked a few people out! What I would recommend to people who haven't tried contacts before is to purchase them in advance to the occasion you're wearing them for and practice putting them in, wearing them for a while, then taking them out. There's a lot of bad reviews complaining about how the contacts were uncomfortable and ruined their outfit because they had to take them out - you should have tried putting them in before your party then!
One thing I found was my peripheral vision was red, so just something to expect when you wear them that it feels a bit weird walking round in them.
Here's a few tips for people trying them for the first time:
- Give yourself plenty of time to put them in, if you start rushing then sod's law is they won't go in.
- WASH YOUR HANDS
- Sit down in front of a mirror, maybe sit at a table so you can rest your elbows and you won't be all wibbly wobbly putting them in.
- DON'T STAND OVER A SINK - you'll probably drop the lens and down the sink it goes.
- Have a clean face, put your makeup on after your lenses are in. The first couple of times you try putting lenses in your eyes will water, you don't want to have to clean your makeup off and start again!
- Don't worry if it's taking a long time to get the lens in - the first time I tried it took half an hour to get just one in, my face was all puffy afterwards as well (hence why I urge you to practice before the party)
- Once they're in, if it's feeling uncomfortable then try blinking, or I lift my eyelids so the lens can settle on my eye. If it just won't settle and starts feeling horrible then take it out, give yourself a little break, then try on the other eye.
- Remember - lenses aren't for everyone. Some people just can't deal with having something foreign in their eye.

I hope this helps!

Duty Calls Noobs Beware Men's Black T-Shirt
Duty Calls Noobs Beware Men's Black T-Shirt
Offered by Grindstore
Price: 13.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 5 Aug 2012
I bought this as a gift for my friend, it's good quality, fits him perfect, a necessity for any gamer!

Page: 1 | 2