Profile for K. Jones > Reviews

K. Jones (Hampshire, UK)

60s 70s Wicked Groovy White Abba GoGo Boots UK 5
60s 70s Wicked Groovy White Abba GoGo Boots UK 5

1.0 out of 5 stars Gogo boots should gogo back, 5 Oct 2010
I purchased these for the Goodwood Revival meet and initially all was well, however, a gapping hole appeared from the base of the zip working its way up the boot, quick mend and all was well until the next uneven ground was walked upon. Eventually had to find 2 safety pins to secure the whole of the bottom of the boot which was disappointing to say the least. I will need to glue the zip teeth together to stop this from happening in the future. Also the black soles mark the white boot if your feet touch.
I was very disappointed with the quality.

British Isles: A Natural History [DVD] [2004]
British Isles: A Natural History [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Alan Titchmarsh
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent viewing, 27 Sep 2006
I bought the DVD's for my Husbands birthday and despite the negative feedback from some, we are delighted with the content. Being keen walkers and sailors (a bit like Mr T himself) we can appreciate why looking at mountains from helicopters is a good thing and quite frankly seeing the Dorset (Jurassic) coastline from a boat is the only way to see it. Well done the BBC.

Alan is a superb presenter and is very interesting in the way he approaches the subject matter. You can not fail to be impressed with how this island has changed and how much we have taken for granted. We now look at rock formations in a different light whilst walking and it often prompts a conversation or two.

The BBC excels at doing this kind of thing and long may it continue.

Merde Actually
Merde Actually
by Stephen Clarke
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

4.0 out of 5 stars Great follow on book, 24 Aug 2006
Having read the first book I was keen to see how the story would continue. I was on holiday in France when I was reading it so felt right at home. It made me laugh out loud at times but there was always a slightly serious moment to compensate. It is light hearted and yes a slight dig at both the French and the English, you may be able to identify some characters in your workplace, have a look around they are there.

Hope the last paragraph is an indication there is a follow up book.

Braun X'elle EasyStart Body Epilator and Shaver 5280
Braun X'elle EasyStart Body Epilator and Shaver 5280

5.0 out of 5 stars Long time waxer converted, 10 July 2006
Having waxed for 15+ years, I wanted to try something new. Great choice of heads from beginner to advanced user. Started with beginner but within 3 minutes was using intermediate, I think all those years waxing was good preparation. Did not experience any discomfort and it was definately easier and less messy than waxing. I like the idea of being able to remove hair without having to wait for that embassing stage of hair growth waxing gives you. I am converted.