Profile for myk1058 > Reviews

Tom Kerridge's Best Ever Dishes
Tom Kerridge's Best Ever Dishes
by Tom Kerridge

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure if recipes are that accurate, 22 July 2015
Bought this based on the TV series and have tried some recipes from the book. However one or two recipes seem a little odd eg the sticky chicken wings weren't that sticky and way too salty and looks almost black in colour due to all the soy sauce.

Some of the other recipes, had to read the instructions several times in order to figure out where all the ingredients went.

Philips HD9220/20 Airfryer Healthier Oil Free Fryer - Black
Philips HD9220/20 Airfryer Healthier Oil Free Fryer - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, 22 July 2015
It's easy to use and fairly easy to clean but it is quite a bulky item. It's fairly tall with a fat belly so best to be able to push to corner of worktop to keep out of the way.

Made some home made French fries by following the instructions and they turned out great and much more healthier. There is a recipe book including one for cakes.

Philips Sonicare AirFloss HX8222/02 Rechargeable Power Flosser Pink
Philips Sonicare AirFloss HX8222/02 Rechargeable Power Flosser Pink
Offered by Zafash Pharmacy

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth a try if you don't like flossing, 22 July 2015
I thought about buying this for a while but as I have sensitive teeth, I didn't want to waste money. But it's really simple to use and not caused any problems with my sensitivity at all.

I use mouthwash and it does leave mouth feeling refreshed and no pain at all. You do have to keep your mouth closed but definitely worth it if you hate flossing.

Philips Sonicare HX9331/04 DiamondClean Rechargeable Toothbrush White
Philips Sonicare HX9331/04 DiamondClean Rechargeable Toothbrush White

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 22 July 2015
I've owned an Orab B toothbrush ( including sonic ones) for years but changed to Philips based on the this design and this is much better.

The design is great and the charging through the glass is a brilliant idea. The charge lasts well and it cleans much better, leaving your mouth feeling really clean.

ICO Handheld Vegetable Spiralizer
ICO Handheld Vegetable Spiralizer
Offered by ICO trading

1.0 out of 5 stars Way overpriced for what it is, 22 July 2015
It seems to do the job but it is way overpriced for what it is. It's made of cheap plastic with 2 metal bits and the one I received didn't have any logos on it as per the picture.

The product is so cheaply made that bits of the plastic was falling off as I took it out of the box. There were no instructions and seems to be selling at 10 times its worth.

The design is similar to a pencil sharpener and you can never get the end but to spiral. Would not choose this again and pictures very misleading.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 22, 2015 6:54 PM BST

Slave Girl - I Was an Ordinary British Girl. I Was Kidnapped and Sold into Sex Slavery. This is My Horrific True Story

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 29 May 2013
I thought this would be an interesting read but found most of it is very repetitive and I didn't find much empathy for the story teller. There was no fight in the character, and the 'escape' just happened rather than anything that was done. I'm not sure if there was anything learnt and I also found the writing very strange. It was told in the first person but with many footnotes which makes it very difficult to read and to follow the flow. The words and language used didn't gel with the character and her background and there just seems to be a dis-connect. I did finish the book and just glad that I didn't waste too much money on it.