Profile for Mr. Llewellyn Williams > Reviews

Content by Mr. Llewellyn ...

Mr. Llewellyn Williams

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
My Word is My Bond: The Autobiography
My Word is My Bond: The Autobiography
by Roger Moore

5.0 out of 5 stars THOROUGHLY ENJOYED IT., 13 Dec 2014
THOROUGHLY ENJOYED IT, AS HIS HUMOUR COMES OFF THE PAGE AS FRESHLY AS WHEN SEEN IN TV INTERVIEWS, AND i'VE NEVER HEARD ANYONE IN THE BUSINESS CLAIM THAT HE IS NOT A VERY 'GENUINE' PERSON . ANYONE WHO SNEERS ABOUT HIS ACTING ABILITY HAS ME TO RECKON WITH, AS I CONSIDER THAT HE SUPPLIES A PERFECTLY GOOD PRODUCT, AND AS A FIRST CLASS PROFESSIONAL APPEARS NEVER TO HAVE BEEN TEMPTED TO 'PUNCH ABOVE HIS WEIGHT.' AND THEN, THERE IS HIS WORK FOR UNICEF, WHICH I WAS PLEASED TO SEE THAT HE DOCUMENTED. ALL IN ALL GOOD VALUE - AS A BOOK AND AS A MAN!

Roberta [DVD]
Roberta [DVD]
Dvd ~ Fred Astaire

2.0 out of 5 stars No 'Lovely To Look At' I'm afraid., 13 Dec 2014
This review is from: Roberta [DVD] (DVD)
As LOVELY TO LOOK AT was my favourite musical when I was a teenager, and I still enjoy it, I was always curious about the original version. Sorry to say ROBERTA , for me, is defineitly NOT one of A and R's best. Not a version which I'd want to watch again.One good routine, but the story is flimsy - even in comparison with the Grayson/Keel/Champions/ Skelton successor - which benefited from a more varied cast with their comedy/vocal/dance skills. However, the latter may have spoiled me for Roberta, so if you are a real fan of A and R (as I still am) then have a look at it - for the price.

Bosch PSB 650 RE Impact Drill
Bosch PSB 650 RE Impact Drill

5.0 out of 5 stars A good buy., 13 Dec 2014
Bosch used to be REALLY expensive, but now this one is perfectly reasonable in price and great value. Built as though it ought to last.

Russell Hobbs 18541 Breakfast Collection 2 Slice Toaster
Russell Hobbs 18541 Breakfast Collection 2 Slice Toaster

5.0 out of 5 stars Search all the rest and then buy this one., 13 Dec 2014
When, as I did, you've searched through seemingly dozens of toasters with buyers very downgrade comments with regard to uneven toasting, hot casings, overlarge size, hot-smelling, flimsy -this-and-that, not big enough for average slices - you'll probably land up with this one. And BUY IT, as I did. And you ought to then be happy with it. Takes slices from our Breadmaker and toasts them evenly - solid feel - cool casing - elegant - side enough gap to bung two thin-ish slices in each slot for one-sided toast.What more can I say.

Gigaset C610A Twin DECT Cordless Phone with Answer Machine - Black
Gigaset C610A Twin DECT Cordless Phone with Answer Machine - Black
Offered by liGo

4.0 out of 5 stars BOUGHT FOR HANDS-FREE FACILITY. Gigaset C610A Twin DECT Cordless Phone with Answer Machine - Black, 27 Feb 2014
THE MAIN REASON FOR PURCHASING THIS SET WAS TO HAVE A MODERN VERSION OF A SPEAKERPHONE TO SAVE THE ANNOYANCE OF HAVING TO WAIT WITH PHONE CLAMPED TO THE EAR WITH MANY SERVICES APOLOGISING FOR 'ALL OUR OPERATORS ARE BUSY', ETC., - INSTEAD OF BEING ABLE TO GET ON WITH WORK AND 'PICK-UP' WHEN FINALLY HEARING A HUMAN VOICE! TO MY GENERATION, 'HANDS' FREE' ONLY SUGGESTS THIS, BUT AFTER CHECKING ONLINE/PHONING WAS ASSURED THAT THE 'SPEAKERPHONE' FACILITY WAS CLEAR AND LOUD ENOUGH - WHICH IT IS FOR MY PURPOSE. BUT TESTING IT FOR CONVERSATION WAS VERY CLEAR AT MY END BUT THE OTHER PERSON COMPLAINED THAT IT SOUNDED VERY HOLLOW - WHICH DIDN'T SURPRISE ME.
I AGREE WITH THE GENERAL COMMENTS ON THIS SET, WHICH WOULD HAVE RECEIVED 5 STARS BUT FOR SOME ANNOYANCE WITH INSTRUCTIONS. I CONSTANTLY COMPLAIN THAT THOSE WHO PUT MANUALS TOGETHER (OR ALTER ROAD SIGNS, ETC.,) SHOULD TRY THEM OUT ON TWO AGE GROUPS BEFORE 'FIXING.' ALSO, THE PHONES COME SEPARATELY BOXED WITH, IN MY CASE, THE SECONDARY ONE BOTH SETUP AND INSTRUCTION SHEET IN GERMAN. ANNOYINGLY WITH TWO WORDS WHICH I COULD NOT RECOGNISE AND NOR COULD FOUR ONLINE TRANSLATORS. HOWEVER, ALL THE INFO IS AVAILABLE IN THE MAIN SET INSTRUCTION BOOK AND IT IS EASY TO CHANGE THE LANGUAGE IN THE HANDSET TO ENGLISH . THE HANDSETS ARE COMFORTABLE, LIGHTWEIGHT AND, TO MY MIND, NOT AT ALL FLIMSY - AS SOME FOLK HAVE COMPLAINED. THE TIP ONE PERSON MENTIONED ABOUT ATTACHING THE BELT CLIP TO HOLD THE REAR SPEAKER OFF THE SURFACE WHEN LAID DOWN IN HANDS-FREE MODE I'VE ADOPTED FOR NORMAL USE, AS IT MAKES IT FEEL EVEN MORE SECURE TO HOLD. THERE ARE PLENTY OF RINGTONES FROM WHICH TO CHOOSE, INCLUDING SEVERAL WHICH OLDER FOLKS WOULD UNDERSTAND AS MORE TRADITIONAL SOUNDS.

Small Town
Small Town
by Sloan Wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars SMALL TOWN., 28 Jan 2014
This review is from: Small Town (Paperback)
I began reading Sloan Wilson';s books in the 1960's and along with Wouk and Irwin Shaw became one of my favorite American authors. None of his books let me down and this one, when I finally caught up with it, lived up to his usual ability to really 'see inside people.'

Spanish in Three Months: Your Essential Guide to Understanding and Speaking Spanish (Hugo)
by Isabel Cisneros

5.0 out of 5 stars Spanish in three months, 28 Jan 2014
Bought for my wife, who found it a very useful purchase. And why does this review demand more words??? Does it expect ecstasy?

The Levant Trilogy: "Danger Tree", "Battle Lost and Won" and "Sum of Things"
The Levant Trilogy: "Danger Tree", "Battle Lost and Won" and "Sum of Things"
by Olivia Manning

5.0 out of 5 stars the levant trilogy, 28 Jan 2014
Bought for my wife who hadn't read it for many years and thoroughly enjoyed it again. I have yet to find time to read it.

Buy Whole Foods Chia Seeds 1 kg
Buy Whole Foods Chia Seeds 1 kg

5.0 out of 5 stars CHIA SEEDS, 28 Jan 2014
Have yet to determine whether they do anything for my health, but they are very easy to use. Incidentally, eating a spoonful can take your mind of other snacks, as you keep finding them lurking in your teeth - not as annoying as it sounds, as the occupation of sucking them out takes ones mind of eating something else.

RJ45 Coupler Cat 5e straight
RJ45 Coupler Cat 5e straight
Offered by Well-Goal

4.0 out of 5 stars AT THIS PRICE INCLUDING POSTAGE INCREDIBLE VALUE., 16 Nov 2013
DOES A GOOD JOB AND WORKS WITH BOTH RJ45 AND ADSL LEADS. AND AGAIN, WHY DOES THIS DEMAND MORE WORDS???

Page: 1 | 2 | 3