Profile for HelloSausages > Reviews

5 Year Diary
5 Year Diary
by Tamara Shopsin

4.0 out of 5 stars 5 Awesome Years, 20 Feb 2014
This review is from: 5 Year Diary (Hardcover)
The next 5 years of my life better be awesome, otherwise this kitsch keepsake will be nothing but a cruel reminder of nearly £12.00, and a substantial period of my life, ill spent.
My one criticism would be that the canvas cover is going to get dirty. If I touch this book everyday for the next 5 years then that's 1,825 times my not-always-clean hands would've fondled this, not including all the extra times I will pick the diary up and put it back down again, not confident in my abilities to sum up a 24 living period in three measly sentences.
I will tell you something I do like though. In the back there is space to write down all the books you've read. I've got 5 years to invent a list of intellectual literature that I haven't actually read but would like other people to think I have. Overall, I think this is a good buy as a gift for yourself or for loved one who needs to do a little self-reflecting.

Somewhere [DVD] (2010)
Somewhere [DVD] (2010)
Dvd ~ Stephen Dorff

1.0 out of 5 stars Problem with delivery, 19 Feb 2014
This review is from: Somewhere [DVD] (2010) (DVD)
I didn't get to watch this DVD despite ordering it as the POSTMAN stole it. Luckily it was on Netflix so I watched it online instead. What a TERRIBLE film. I was so pleased. I can't wait for that thieving postman to return home with his loot and have to sit through 90 minutes of this rubbish as punishment for his ways.

Blonde
Blonde
by Joyce Carol Oates

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected., 19 Feb 2014
This review is from: Blonde (Paperback)
Thought this was a manual on how to dye hair. It's not. It's a really thick book full of words. No pictures. And not one reference to hairdressing. Avoid at all costs.

Pocahontas Original Soundtrack
Pocahontas Original Soundtrack

5.0 out of 5 stars So good., 19 Feb 2014
I love Disney and I know most of the words to these songs so I just wanted it as a backing track really. I used it to serenade my boyfriend while he drives in his Ford Fiesta and I sit in the passenger seat but we've broken up now. He cheated on me with some other chick and I heard her favourite Disney soundtrack is Aladdin. Ha! We'll see how THAT goes down. We all know that film has sub-standard songs in comparison to Pocahontas. A must-buy.

The Surf Girl Handbook: The Essential Guide for Surf Chicks Everywhere
The Surf Girl Handbook: The Essential Guide for Surf Chicks Everywhere
by Sally Fitzgibbons

5.0 out of 5 stars This is great., 19 Feb 2014
Now I just need to learn to swim. I wish there were more swimming tips. I'm not sure if you can wear armbands on a surfboard or if that's a faux pas. I will try it out at the surf retreat I'm going on next week.

The Wes Anderson Collection
The Wes Anderson Collection
by Matt Zoller Seitz

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius, 19 Feb 2014
This is the best book I have ever bought. And it is bigger than I expected. It is everything I could hope for. Actually, it would be cooler if it had things hidden inside and maybe it was in 3D but life isn't perfect.

Dr Martens Black 140cm x 5mm Round Shoelaces
Dr Martens Black 140cm x 5mm Round Shoelaces
Offered by Quality_Laces

1.0 out of 5 stars Not happy, not one little bit..., 7 Feb 2014
I ordered these laces, thinking they were authentic Dr. Martens, as led to believe by the picture. Instead I received a cheap horrible pair by a different company. Completely misleading. If I wanted a pair of laces worth 50 pence I would've nipped down to the newsagents and got a pair that hang next to the sewing kits and plastic combs, not typed in "Dr. Martens Laces" in my amazon search bar and waited a week for a pair through the post. Amateurs.