Profile for Mr. Brian Leonard > Reviews

Content by Mr. Brian Leonard

Mr. Brian Leonard "Bri" (Belfast)

Dulwich Designs Large Stone Leather Jewellery Box 70357
Dulwich Designs Large Stone Leather Jewellery Box 70357
Offered by Gifts in Time Ltd.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wife loved it, 14 Jun 2013
After some research I decided on this jewellery box. I wasn't disappointed nor was my wife.

This box is good quality without being excessively expensive

Marius' Mules I: The Invasion of Gaul
Marius' Mules I: The Invasion of Gaul

5.0 out of 5 stars A great series of books, 14 Jun 2013
I love historical fiction. I love Turney's writing. The roman period, especially around Caesar, are awash with books and I rank Turney in the top half of writers.

Trick of the Light (Mclevy Mysteries)
Trick of the Light (Mclevy Mysteries)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 14 Jun 2013
I love the McLevy series of books. I lived in Edinburgh and the author describes it well.

Great historical detective stories

Marius' Mules IV: Conspiracy of Eagles
Marius' Mules IV: Conspiracy of Eagles

5.0 out of 5 stars Fronto forges on, 14 Jun 2013
I love this series of books and haven't been disappointed yet.

I do read a lot of historical fiction and Turney's books are up there.

I did buy these for the kindle and at 1.97 a pop they are great

WACOM ACK-404021 Small Carrying Case for Bamboo Connect CTL470 or Bamboo Capture CTH470

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits my bamboo connect., 14 Jun 2013
It does what I need it to.

My bamboo is safely enclosed, there is a loop for the pen/stylus.

It is designed for carriage inside another bag.

KISS Guide To Raising a Puppy (Keep It Simple Guides)
KISS Guide To Raising a Puppy (Keep It Simple Guides)
by Liz Palika

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for first time puppy owner, 14 Jun 2013
A a first time puppy owner this guide has proved really useful.

I'm happy with the guide and it outlines the basics you need to know.

Kong Puppy Snacks, Small
Kong Puppy Snacks, Small

4.0 out of 5 stars My westie likes them, 14 Jun 2013
This review is from: Kong Puppy Snacks, Small (Grocery)
My westie likes these treats. They are quite big to give as a single treat so I break them into pieces for use on walks and training etc.

The treats are perfect for the kong toys that my puppy likes chewing on.

CaseGuru Amazon Kindle Paperwhite / Paperwhite 3G wi-fi eReader 6" Case/Cover/Folio/ Wallet - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what I expected, 14 Jun 2013
Bought this to fit my kindle paperwhite which it does perfectly. I have no concerns that my kindle will escape accidentally.

On the opposite side there are 4 slots for credit cards that fit cards fine and there is also 2 parts for bank notes. This will be handy for holidays as I can leave my wallet behind and use my kindle wallet instead.

The magnetic fastener works fine, being strong but not impossible.

The material for this cover is ok but could be better, but I only paid a fiver and I cannot complain.

Overall I got good value for money and I am happy

The Last Gospel
The Last Gospel
by David Gibbins

4.0 out of 5 stars entertaining but not exactly believable, 9 Jan 2009
This review is from: The Last Gospel (Paperback)
OK, compared to other books in this genre, this one is a bit more on the less believable. However the book moves very quickly and is quite gripping for the few days you are reading it.

Without spoiling the plot or parts of the story, lets just say that it seems that Mr Gibbins squeezes about 3 ordinary plots into 1 novel, it does however detract from the believability of the story.

It does reference previous books in the series, just to bear in mind if you plan on reading them.

I gave it 4 stars for the entertainment value. If it was for anything believable, I would go for 2 stars. Nice conspiracy theory though.

Madden NFL 09 All Play (Wii)
Madden NFL 09 All Play (Wii)
Offered by Entertainment Hub Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars OK so far, 16 Aug 2008
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Having been a long time devotee of the madden franchise through Nintendo, Megadrive and PS2 I was eargerly awaiting the release of 09.

I decided to get Madden 09 on Wii as the reviews of Madden 09 on PS2 basically said there was little improvement on 08. I admit I was sceptical given some reviews I read on other sites.

First impressions were the graphics are an improvement on PS2, but you should change the visual settings as per the instruction booklet.

I did start to get frustrated with the controls at first, but am getting the hang of it, though still haven't mastered catching. I have tried several minicamps and the Learn Madden function, both of which teach you the basics quite well. The controls will probably mean that the game will never be as easy on All Madden as the PS2, but that isn't a bad thing.

The game moves quicker than the PS2 between plays, thankfully! There is also the option of picking plays by style, ie Inside Run, Outside Run, Short, Medium, Long Passes, Play Action etc. Its a nice change if you know you're in a throwing down and want to see your options. For Madden veterans, don't worry the option to select play by formation is still there. For beginners there is also an even more simplified option of play selection until you learn the ropes.

All the usual suspects are there, historic teams, Franchise mode, Superstar mode etc and I haven't seen too much different yet. I haven't tried the 5 on 5 yet, but it looks more like a "multiplayer with a few pints in you" mode than a serious game.

All in all I'm happy so far and have just started a franchise mode. If after a few days I get sick of the controls, I'll let you know.

For Madden devotees with a wii, its worth a punt, but bear with the controls for a while.

For non-nfl wii fans, this version of Madden is far easier to pick up and learn than any previous version I have played. If you're interested in a sports game that could get incredibly addictive, give this a look.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 19, 2011 3:18 PM GMT