Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "Lori" (London, UK)

5 Star Screen and Keyboard Cleaner Pump Spray Anti-static Non-hazardous 250ml
5 Star Screen and Keyboard Cleaner Pump Spray Anti-static Non-hazardous 250ml
Offered by Office Nerd

5.0 out of 5 stars A must buy (especially if you've tried every other cleaner out there), 5 Aug. 2015
Excellent spray. I can honestly say I've been through most of the wipes and cleaning sprays for tech products on the market and this beats all of them hands down. It is better than wipes because it is longer lasting and won't dry out and it's the best spray I've ever used. A good consistency, the bottle will last for ages and it doesn't leave streaky marks across any devices. It cleans any spills off without too much work and picks up dust well. (I've used it on Samsung phone screens, a Moto G screen, iPod screen, iPad screen and three difference laptops and PCs - Lenovo, HP and Dell).

Cake
Cake

5.0 out of 5 stars An exhilarating one-of-a-kind read, 5 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Cake (Kindle Edition)
I bought this on a whim because someone on a booktube video I was watching had been sent it from a publisher for review. I'd never heard of it so popped onto Amazon and discovered it was on sale for 99p. Bargain! I had no idea what it was about and mid chapter 1, my first feelings were ones of confusion and dislike. The narrative was disjointed and I couldn't make head nor tale of what line of thought I should be focusing on. Were some details more important than others? Would unfinished conversations have a resolution? Yet, something about sentences being left hanging and the main character's voice being jumbled drew me in. Tanya's speech (the main character) in particular often makes as much sense and is about as articulate as a botched limerick. Still, I couldn't stop reading. Very rarely will I describe a book as unputdownable because I am an avid reader who fits my reading into very short pockets of time. However, Cake was intoxicating.
It is a story about love, loss, forgiveness, self-realisation, damaged lives, abuse and murder. It is a web of romance, comedy, drama and a whodunit all weaved into one. The strings of their lives are tangled, tied and cut as the characters try to understand themselves, their lives and their motivations for their actions. Cake has a unique style and is a one of a kind book. It will touch you, it will make you laugh out loud and it will give you pause for thought to ponder over the issues in relation to your own life.
If you're looking for something a little different or not I would highly recommend it. Though I've never come across Sandra Newman (the author) before, I will definitely be reading anything else she has written or writes.

SIBEL Hairdressing comb with metal pin-tail - Black
SIBEL Hairdressing comb with metal pin-tail - Black
Offered by Seaview Shavers

2.0 out of 5 stars Metal pin is of a good thickness but the comb is flimsy and not great ..., 5 Aug. 2015
Metal pin is of a good thickness but the comb is flimsy and not great quality. I am handling very carefully and give it a few months before it breaks. The metal pin-tail is actually longer and more sturdy than the comb so I think this picture is misleading. Disappointing. I'll be off to find a better one in a shop.

The Rabbit Problem
The Rabbit Problem
by Emily Gravett

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY if you're a teacher. BUY if you're a parent, 11 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Rabbit Problem (Paperback)
Humorous, thoroughly engaging and fabulous for educational and entertainment purposes alike. With so many different aspects to this book, both in terms of content and pictures, it is a must read and certainly a must buy. You won't regret it.
(Teacher in training: think I love it more than the children).

Integral USB 2.0 Single Slot SD Reader
Integral USB 2.0 Single Slot SD Reader

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lifesaving Problem Solver, 6 Dec. 2012
My four year old HP laptop was a top class, fairly expensive laptop when I got her. (I made the mistake of leaving it to the last minute to purchase a laptop for University so ended up paying above and beyond what was necessary). So of course after daily use and travel she's somewhat worse for wear. The bluetooth doesn't function and memory cards only work when I wiggle them in the card slot and bang on the laptop case!

This little reader has saved expensive repairs. Only a little bigger than a standard USB memory stick and extremely light, it is easily portable and an excellent solution for a laptop or PC that either has no card slots or has non-functioning ones.

I can't believe how stress free and quick it is now to transfer photos whereas before I'd have to use someone elses computer and then transfer them via USB or dropbox.

Hassle free, quality looking, cheap product. Would buy again in an instance.

SanDisk SDSDU-016G-U46 16 GB Ultra 30 MB/s Class 10 SDHC Memory Card (Label May Change)
Offered by PicStop

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally!, 6 Dec. 2012
Finally a good sized memory card compatible with almost all digital cameras that is AFFORDABLE. A good price and a trusted brand (all SanDisk products have a lifetime warranty).

So buy now and forsake all other brands out there!

Slendertone Abs Replacement Pads
Slendertone Abs Replacement Pads

2.0 out of 5 stars Loses Effect Quickly, 6 Dec. 2012
When I first got my Slendertone I really seemed to notice the difference but now after a few months I don't think it has much effect. I am not using it any differently and I am going to the gym no more or less. I think the product simply becomes less effective after your body has got used to it. Like many "quick fix" products out there.

Rosewood Boredom Breaker Small Animal Activity Toy Chill-n-Chew Mat
Rosewood Boredom Breaker Small Animal Activity Toy Chill-n-Chew Mat

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Addition For Either Toy or Sanity Use!, 6 Dec. 2012
My bunnies still haven't decided whether they prefer to nibble this and scratch away to keep their claws trim or if going to the toilet on it is what they prefer.

I'm not worried either way! I now own two (one for each bunny) and the my more active girl chews on it it and plays with it whilst my sedate boy loves to sit on it and avoid the colder patio, often using it as his litter area.

A cheap but useful addition to add a little more enjoyment to your bunnies life; whatever purpose they may decide for it!

Kindle Touch, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Touch Screen Display
Kindle Touch, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Touch Screen Display

5.0 out of 5 stars I've read more since I bought a Kindle Touch than in years!, 21 Jun. 2012
First, let me just quickly say that I've rated the Kindle Touch as 5 stars because I love it and not because it's completely flawless. With this is mind, read on.

If you're thinking of getting a Kindle Touch you're either a tech savvy geek upgrading or you're coming in to the Tablet/ Ebook world as a newbie. Very few people will be staring at Kindle pictures and browsing reviews with such persistent if they're already a tablet owner. So for this reason I'm not going to flounder around and try and tell you if a Kindle Touch can meet your needs according to what they may or may not be. Instead I'm going to tell you very clearly whether it's worth the upgrade or the plunge.

The answer if very definitely yes.

If you're considering it as an upgrade and are comparing it to previous versions of the Kindle then quite simply it's sexier. Being sleeker, smoother and having some design tweaks makes the Kindle Touch feel and look that much more streamlined and even natural. If you're used to a touch screen in some form then this will feel like second nature very quickly. After only a few hours of swiping or taping (I vary it depending on my mood) going back to the Keyboard version is tedious and clunky. Highlighting is far easier (something I never thought I'd find myself doing but because of the effortlessness I have taken up - I highlight words I've never come across before so I can quickly flick back and find them at another time) and navigating the menu takes only seconds.

Whilst some critics have complained about the lag I think that's more to do with their tapping it too hard or long which like constant double clicking on a PC causes loading to actually increase because you're effectively making more commands. It's true that the touch screen isn't as fast as the best Samsung Androids/Tab or iPhones/ iPads but it's no slower than the lower ranges of such makes and it's one hundred times better than the WH Smiths rival Kobo reader!

For those worried about complexity - fear not! My own 60 year old, technophobic mother got to grips with it with very little help from myself in less than an hour. This is the same woman whom after 4 years of my constant reteaching cannot attach files to emails. It's in moments like this that the Kindle Touch strongly reflects an Apple product and I can only thank Amazon for this. It looks good, it feels good and it's easy to use.

The screen doesn't have a lock so unless you turn it on it is constantly 'live' and 'active'. Hypothetically, this is a negative as you could easily touch the screen and be flicking pages. However, unlike when I knock my Samsung galaxy with my wrist the Kindle Touch seems only to properly respond to finger tips. Which almost solves the issue - one I fretted about before I took the plunge and bought it. I also find that keeping it in a case means your finger positioning is ever so slightly different in the way you hold the device so accidental touching is never really an issue.

The other disadvantage that I had read about before getting one was the ghosting. If you're not familiar with the term it effectively means you can see the page before. Under the bright lights of John Lewis, flicking exceptionally fast (I went to try before buy) I did notice this. Then again I was looking for the problem after reading about it. Once I had my own however, in normal house lights and in daylight I find it isn't as noticeable. Moreover, like all things in life, once you forget about it you don't realise it's there. Like when you live next to a train track or the airport. You become immune to it. Changing how often the pages completely refresh also affects this so it's very easy to almost completely be rid of it.

Although I don't believe there were any outright claims about battery, I have personally found that it charges more effectively and holds battery for longer than the Kindle Version 2 (no Keyboard but no touch). I constantly have my Wifi on too yet since buying it in March have only had to charge it once which is excellent if you're travelling!

In addition, smaller than the Keyboard Kindle but barley noticeably bigger than the Version 2, the Kindle Touch still fits in my smallest clutch bag.

I could say a lot more about this product that I was first so sceptical about but have fallen in love with but I think I've covered the most important points that you'll want to know about/ have already read about.

One last thing, I am a bookworm through and through and buying a Kindle Touch hasn't changed this. I haven't given up buying paperbacks and I still love the smell of books and the feel of the paper as it runs through your fingers. However, with Project Gutenberg [...] making so many classic books free and some great deals on new releases/ top rated titles, the Kindle Touch has not replaced but rather carved out a new little book area in my heart. It's just accessible in a different, more convenient way. Long live literature! Now go and get your new Kindle Touch :)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 22, 2012 8:52 AM BST