Profile for Lis N > Reviews

I Let You Go
I Let You Go
by Clare Mackintosh

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put this down, 16 Aug. 2015
This review is from: I Let You Go (Paperback)
Excellent and unputdownable. Ending was a bit twee for my liking, but I was totally engrossed throughout.

It's Raining Men
It's Raining Men
by Milly Johnson

2.0 out of 5 stars Not one of Milly Johnson's best, 16 Aug. 2015
This review is from: It's Raining Men (Paperback)
Oh dear. I was looking forward to reading this as I thoroughly enjoyed Milly's book The Teashop on the Corner. However, I was disappointed. While the characters were engaging and likeable, the ending was so sugary sweet and, without ruining it, totally implausible! If I had wanted to read something supernatural, I would have chosen a different author and genre. Felt let down, I am afraid to say.

KS2 English Targeted Question Book: Grammar, Punctuation & Spelling - Yr 6 (for the New Curriculum)
by CGP Books

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear and effective, 19 Feb. 2015
An excellent workbook and in line with new NC.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars very fancy dress, 21 Oct. 2014
Bought this as a replacement black tie especially as the description says it is suitable for weddings etc. However it looks like a fancy dress item and very cheap, which of course it was.

The Teashop on the Corner
The Teashop on the Corner
by Milly Johnson

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous!, 10 Sept. 2014
What a fabulous book! Couldn't put it down and was captured by the story line and the characters from page one. Blubbed at the end, too, which is not the norm for me. Can't recommend it highly enough.

Midi-Pyrenees Michelin Regional Maps
Midi-Pyrenees Michelin Regional Maps
by Michelin
Edition: Map

3.0 out of 5 stars Detailed but difficult to manage, 10 Sept. 2014
A detailed map but as other reviewers have said, it is a bit of a nuisance having to try to negotiate all the folds and turns.

EasyAcc Ubright 3350mAh Power Bank 2.1A Output Portable Charger Lipstick External Battery Pack with Bright Flashlight for Smartphones -Black Silver
Offered by EasyAcc.U Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous gadget, 28 Aug. 2014
Bought this for my son who seems to have spent his summer at festivals or on holiday! It works brilliantly, powering up your phone in a jiffy. Would thoroughly recommend it -- and it is small enough for any pocket or small handbag.

Seagrass Rectangle Tray
Seagrass Rectangle Tray
Offered by home-decor

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 28 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Seagrass Rectangle Tray
A great tray, ideal for putting post and those odds and ends which turn up on my kitchen worktop. Would recommend.

One Night in Italy
One Night in Italy
by Lucy Diamond

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read!, 28 Aug. 2014
This review is from: One Night in Italy (Paperback)
Great little story which kept me riveted throughout. Simple enough and ideal for a holiday read. The characters were believable and I just loved it!

After I Left You
After I Left You
by Alison Mercer

1.0 out of 5 stars Self-indulgent and disappointing, 28 Aug. 2014
This review is from: After I Left You (Paperback)
I thought this book was going to be promising having read the blurb, but how disappointed was I. It was a self-indulgent, slow, no action novel which bored me from page one. Whoever reviewed it beforehand saying it was funny must have been talking about a different book. The characters were uninspired, yet predictable and it didn't hold my interest at all. In fact, I skim read the second half of it just to make sure I wasn't missing anything. I wasn't. It was probably the worst book I have read in a long while. It felt as if the author wanted to indulge herself in her memories of studying at Oxford and added a little bit of a story along the way. Shouldn't have bothered. Shame I wasted my money.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 6, 2015 12:52 PM GMT