Profile for Scubaian > Reviews

Content by Scubaian

Scubaian "Scubaian" (UK)

HTC Google Nexus 8.9-inch White Tablet (2 GB RAM, 16GB, WiFi, 2.3 GHz 64-bit NVIDIA Tegra K1)
Offered by Executivez

4.0 out of 5 stars ... there are reports of inconsistent build quality mine is perfect. I can only review my unit as its ..., 2 Dec. 2014
Just to confirm although there are reports of inconsistent build quality mine is perfect. I can only review my unit as its the only one I've used.

Loving it as an upgrade from my old Nexus 7 (2012) , its fast feels great and the screen is fantastic Gets somewhat hot when being used and I've had some app compatibility issues (mainly fixed now).

Revelations (Extinction Point Series)
Revelations (Extinction Point Series)
by Paul Antony Jones

2.0 out of 5 stars A let down, 23 July 2014
I really enjoyed the first two books - especially the first one. This one was for me a real let down. I'd been wondering how the story would find a ending that was satisfying, everyone could die, the survivors could find a miraculous way to stop the aliens and reverse the damage? There didn't seem to be a way to get closure I could see and was looking forward to something interesting. Unfortunately it seems the author has had as much difficulty as myself in finding a satisfying ending to the series. It just felt rushed to me - sorry.

Spoilers in the comments.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 23, 2014 4:47 PM BST

Diablo III - Reaper of Souls (Mac/PC DVD)
Diablo III - Reaper of Souls (Mac/PC DVD)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 9 April 2014
I've been playing for a few weeks now and thought I post an opinion - for what it's worth.

Reaper expands nicely upon Diablo 3, not all the changes are popular among the user base, the inability to freely trade the best items is a particular bugbear, but on the whole it seems this is a step in the right direction. I particularly like the increased build diversity encouraged by the gear changes.

By far and away the best thing about the recent changes is loot 2.0 - which is part of the core game too. Before this came in loot was highly random, your warrior may find a crossbow (which he couldn't use) with bonus intelligence on it (which would make the crossbow useless to a player that could wield it). Now loot is far more relevant, not to suggest every single drop is relevant but the difference is like night and day. The mystic, which is NOT part of the core game, you will need the expansion, is also great at filling the gap between getting ok and great gear on your hero's.

Once you've got 2 or 3 bits of legendary gear and great rare pieces on your hero the game does turn into a grind to find those upgrades - but that's kind of the name of the game with ARPG's....

I personally feel that the expansion is overpriced, but I only spent £20 on the original game so I may be biased. I've played a lot of hours since putting the upgrade on, I'm just not convinced that some of the modes/content is actually worth the price tag.

If you are considering stepping into the Diablo 3 world for the first time - some advice, try the starter edition. It's free and will not only give you some idea about the game is like but will also give you an idea if the technology is going to work for you. I personally don't have the lag and disconnect issues that some people have but I can't ignore that they are not an issue for some - doesn't matter if these are user/isp/blizzard issues you still need to know if they are there for you. Goto the Blizzard website and download it.

Hugetide C-007B FM11 Portable Stereo MP3 FM Transmitter With Build-In Rechargeable Battery& 205 Channels for iPod 10gb,15gb,20gb,30gb,40gb and 60gb

4.0 out of 5 stars Good price and performance, 5 Mar. 2007
After shopping around for an FM transmitter for my mp3 I finally chose this one, and for the price I am quite happy.

It charges quickly off USB and the car charger works fine too.

Audio performace is acceptable and I suspect that the shortcomings are more related to the nature of this technology than anything else. There is a constant whine in the background, but you do not notice this when the music is playing, unless there is a gap. This is somthing mentioned in reviews for various bits of kit of this type. The output is also quite tinny, heavy bass makes it crackle.

I have mine set to 87.5 and have never had to change the frequency to avoid interference.

One thing I don't like, and this is hardly a fault of this bit of kit, is that as you are not tuned to a RDS channel you will not get traffic updates whilst using it (with my radio anyway).

On the whole looking at the reviews for some of the more expensive units I cannot see why you would spend more when the limitations of the units are more related to the nature of the technology than the price tag.