ARRAY(0xad52cd50)

Profile for Janice > Reviews

Content by Janice

Janice

An Innocent Client (Joe Dillard Series)
An Innocent Client (Joe Dillard Series)
Price: 1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good story with lots of law, 28 Dec 2013
I'm a sucker for legal fiction novels that actually have some points of law in them! I've read and re-read all of Lescroat`s Dismas Hardy books, (the `master' as far as I'm concerned) and was looking around for something similar.) I greatly enjoyed this one by Scott Pratt - the lawyer himself was a character that I could empathise with. An excellent read. I shall read some of his others now. (Came across this writer because of Amazon's 'if you like 'such and such', then you may like this' functionality ... and then by reading the reviews - with the reviews, it's like being part of some huge book group. Very useful.)

Loss of Innocence
Loss of Innocence
by Richard North Patterson
Price: 9.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and satisfying read., 8 Sep 2013
This review is from: Loss of Innocence (Paperback)
I'm a big Richard North Patterson fan. This one was excellent, seemed a more coherent story than Fall From Grace, which I enjoyed nonetheless. (Loss of Innocence was written after Fall From Grace as a prequel). In any case, Loss of Innocence was a very enjoyable read and I liked the imagery of those days in the USA.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very satisfying, 22 Jun 2013
This one is quite like a 'snickers' bar. Doesn't have a chemical after taste. Worth having around when you have a sugar craving but don't want the sugar. Has been successful in helping me go the 'low-carb' route and rid me of my carb/sugar addiction.

Against All Enemies
Against All Enemies
by Tom Clancy
Price: 19.85

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed of Rixensart, 1 Sep 2011
This review is from: Against All Enemies (Hardcover)
I've read most of Tom Clancy's books, the majority four or five times each. When I saw this one, still in hardback, thought I'd treat myself. The story was just not of the calibre of titles such as 'The Sum of all Fears', 'Debt of Honour'. I didn't actually finish it. Couldn't get involved with the characters - under developed some of the other reviews said.