Profile for M. Kerly > Reviews

Content by M. Kerly

M. Kerly "Albert Reviews" (London)

7dayshop Wireless Bluetooth Receiver for Audio Hi-Fi and In Car Uses 3.5mm AUX input jack
Offered by 7dayshop Limited

3.0 out of 5 stars It works- but not for what I needed., 7 Jan. 2014
I have an iphone 5 synced up to the bluetooth receiver which is plugged in to the 3.5mm audio socket in my car stereo.

When i play music from my phone, the audio comes out of my car stereo as expected (good quality too) however, when i make/receive a call, the music stops (as expected) but the audio from the phone DOESN'T come through the car stereo- it reverts back to the handset which is quite frustrating as a) i'm driving and b) if the speakerphone function was good enough on the phone, i wouldn't have bothered with a bluetooth receiver in the first place.

Anybody else had this?

Whether that's an issue with the iphone5 compatibility with this receiver unit or just that the receiver doesn't support phonecalls, I don't know...

For music- fine, for hands free phonecalls- no use at all

Penis Pokey
Penis Pokey
by Christopher Behrens
Edition: Board book

2.0 out of 5 stars One size doesn't fit all, 4 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Penis Pokey (Board book)
Bought this thinking it would be a great giggle and upon opening it, some of the illustrations made me laugh out (very) loud.

However, my smile soon turned to a grimace when I tried to add the "customer contribution" to the book, as I found the hole a bit too tight.

The book still generates laughs when my mates pick it up, for me though, it merely raises a wince.

Meatpacks Whole Fresh Lamb (Butchered upon request)
Meatpacks Whole Fresh Lamb (Butchered upon request)
Offered by Meatpacks

3.0 out of 5 stars How much is too much?, 7 July 2010
It turns out that when you purchase this item, they send you a lamb that is MUCH bigger than the one displayed on the item's page.

At a guess, i'd say that the lamb on display here is about 3 inches long... the one i received in the post is about 3 FEET long. I'm aware that i indeed got more than i bargained for so shouldn't really be complaining, but try telling that to my oven, whose door now hangs unhinged after my efforts to fit said lamb into it's cooking area.

Mixed Emotions

(would have given it 2.5 stars if i could.)
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 24, 2015 8:52 PM BST

Fantasy Football [DVD]
Fantasy Football [DVD]
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

1.0 out of 5 stars No sign of Frank, Dave or Statto anywhere!!!, 13 April 2010
This review is from: Fantasy Football [DVD] (DVD)
Well what can i say!?

I purchased this boxset expecting a digital upgrade of Baddiel, Skinner & Statto's football related highjinx... No longer would i have to squint at my knackered old VHS copy.

To be honest, I was really let down. There was no sign of the above, no 'Jeff Astle sings' and definitely no 'Phoenix From The Flames'...

Disappointing.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars lacks emotion, 17 Dec. 2009
Call me a synic, but how can we be sure that this was taken at Shatner's HOLLYWOOD HOME WHERE HIS WIFE WAS FOUND DEAD IN THE SWIMMING? I know he's an amazing actor and can portry a whole range of hemotions, but Shatner does not seem too upset in the facial area.

this needs some sort of certificate of authenticity.

Box Canvas Print of Paul Ross
Box Canvas Print of Paul Ross

1.0 out of 5 stars mislead, 15 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Box Canvas Print of Paul Ross
I jumped at the chance to buy a 20" Box Canvas Print of PAUL ROSS... a noble pose, clad with a face of deep intelligence and charm, placed upon a backdrop of sheer natural beauty. A truly beautiful moment in time, forever captured.

The days waiting for delivery were long and drawn out. The universe stood still. No amount of using my Sky+ to pause Big Book Of Horror, his This Morning reviews or even Friday Night With Paul's Brother could come anywhere near re-creating the wonders contained on the awaited above canvas. Every time i heard someone walk past my house i tensed up in anticipation of Paul's arrival.

After what seemed like an eternity, he arrived...

So imagine my utter disappointment that upon hanging it, his shirt clashed with my curtains, and upon closer inspection- his eyes clashed with my soul. It now hangs facing the wall.

Good Thing Going [CD 1]
Good Thing Going [CD 1]
Offered by Direct Entertainment UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Money For Old Soapy Rope., 2 Jan. 2008
This review is from: Good Thing Going [CD 1] (Audio CD)
On hearing that Sid Owen was venturing into the pop industry back in 2000, i remember feeling that there was light at the end of a tunnel that was over crowded with poor pop acts such as One True Voice, Las Ketchup and Ja Rule.

However, upon hearing Owen's cover version of the Reggae/Ska classic 'Good Thing Going', i could only think of one word- lacklustre. The 3rd rate production, synthed bass line and 10-a-penny backing vocals extinguished any hope i had for the 21st Century music scene.

All things considered and being coupled with a low budget, 2 bob video, the chart placing of 74 seemed generous for a song that failed to deliver on all fronts in every avenue.

Why Ricky? Why?