ARRAY(0xa7de3e94)

Profile for James Torbett > Reviews

Content by James Torbett

James Torbett (Bristol, UK)

Canyon Cycling Maintenance Kit - everything you need on the road!
Canyon Cycling Maintenance Kit - everything you need on the road!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but a little heavy to take with you, 28 Aug 2009
I bought this as I wanted a more comprehensive tool to take with me when road riding, something that will get one our of most common troubles. The device itsself is fairly comprehensive, and I must admit it's been very useful at home when one cannot be bothered to get the whole toolkit out. It comes in a neat case and had almost everything you need.

A few minor drawbacks:

- It's a bit heavy. Weighs in at about 500grams which for road biking is too heavy really.
- It has metal tyre levers which are quite thin and will probably damage a light road rim
- No chain breaker - mentioned before by others. I personally have never needed one but I know people who have

Basically there is nothing wrong with this product and for family riding its probably ideal - but I wanted something a little lighter. For 10 though, not really compaining.

BBB Winner Sunglasses Quickstep Team Frame Blue Revo,Orange,Yellow, Mirror Lens
BBB Winner Sunglasses Quickstep Team Frame Blue Revo,Orange,Yellow, Mirror Lens

5.0 out of 5 stars A good set of cycling glasses for all conditions, 20 Aug 2009
Bought these as I am doing a lot more cycling in the evenings this summer and I wanted some with clear lenses to keep insects out of my eyes! For the price you get quite a lot. The kit comes in a semi-hard case which holds the frames, all 4 lets of lenses in a sort of lens organiser pouch and an additional soft slip case.

The lenses that come with it are all UV blocking and comprise:

- Clear (not really mirror finish as stated but slightly reflective to reduce glare)
- Blue tint
- Yellow tint
- Orange tint

The frames are made of flexible plastic which is very light and feels strong. I think these would survive being dropped a few times.

Overall very pleased.