Profile for Robin > Reviews

Content by Robin

Robin

Wrecks & Reefs of Southeast Scotland: 100 Dives from the Forth Road Bridge to Eyemouth
by Mike Clark
Price: 12.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Anything but a wreck!, 24 Nov 2010
As I'm not a diver I wondered how interesting this book would be; I need not have worried. The information on diving standards etc. provides a fascinating glimpse into that whole world. Mike Clark is a superb photographer, has researched the wrecks thoroughly, and his love of wildlife, both above and below the waves, also shines through on every page. Quite literally in the case of the stunning reefs, cold water corals and their inhabitants, photographed in glowing colour.
It is worth buying this book for the historical information on the wrecks alone - I live near the Firth of Forth and had no idea that so many vessels of such historic significance are lying there. Just reading the book made me want to take up diving (until I thought of the cold water). Wherever you live, if you have any interest in the sea, wildlife, wrecks, diving or great photography, buy this book!