Profile for Tom > Reviews

Content by Tom

Tom "Evans" (London, England)

Until Death [DVD]
Until Death [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jean-Claude Van Damme
Offered by FUNTIME MEDIA
Price: 2.96

5.0 out of 5 stars So good it's like a roundhouse kick to the senses!, 18 July 2007
This review is from: Until Death [DVD] (DVD)
I absolutely loved this film! Not only is the action great but there is a really good story to follow as well. So many times I watch films and the action is let down by a poor script - not this time! Van-Damme manages to kick bad guys all over the shop while actually acting really well. While I admit he's no Brando, I've never seen Brando roundhouse somebody though a window!

This is must own Van Dammage!

Haven [DVD]
Haven [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bill Paxton
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 6.02

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic must-own film, 27 Jun 2007
This review is from: Haven [DVD] (DVD)
Not being Orlando Bloom's biggest fan put me off this film at first, however, his performance within such a strong cast changed my mind within the first five minutes. I can't think of another film that brings to life the West Indies in a better way than this. It has everything, action, romance, gansters and a bit of tragedy as well. There is a great soundtrack on this film and it looks really stunning. Highly recommended.

Hannibal Rising [DVD]
Hannibal Rising [DVD]
Dvd ~ Helena Lia Tachovska
Price: 3.83

4.0 out of 5 stars Re-inventing the franchise, 27 Mar 2007
This review is from: Hannibal Rising [DVD] (DVD)
Some would argue that this franchise has been on the wane for some years culminating in the inferior remake Red Dragon. I for one would agree so I was pleasantly surprised how Hannibal Rising goes against all the bad reviews it has received and actually delivers as a fresh take on the cannibal's exploits. While some of the acting falls short (notably Rhys Ifans), Gaspard Ulliel is a revelation as the young doctor. He brings menace and innocence in equal amounts and is thoroughly captivating from beginning to end. This is certainly worth the money and I sincerely hope a sequel (prequel?) is on the horizon.