Profile for daveo_78 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Professional hair straightener stand
Professional hair straightener stand
Offered by Seaview Shavers

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought as stocking filler for the missus... ..., 19 Jan. 2016
Bought as stocking filler for the missus...yes-got some strange looks! BUT... she now loves it.

I have fixed to the wall next to the mirror, and there it stays when not in use: no longer have cable/plug lying around on the floor to stand/trip on.

Samsung Wireless Qi Charger Charging Station Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge - Black
Offered by Deeha Traders

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought as gift for missus as she has a samsung ..., 11 Jan. 2016
Bought as gift for missus as she has a samsung s6 edge. She loves it: no more faffing around for cable ends on the bedroom floor, just drop and charge.

Bulleit Bourbon Frontier Whiskey 70 cl
Bulleit Bourbon Frontier Whiskey 70 cl

5.0 out of 5 stars Usually hate whisky and this was on lightning deal, 11 Jan. 2016
Usually hate whisky and this was on lightning deal. Reviews convinced me to try it and I must say it is silky smooth! You wont be disappointed

Peugeot 307 Petrol and Diesel Service and Repair Manual: 2001-2004 (Haynes Service and Repair Manuals)
by Martynn Randall
Edition: Board book

4.0 out of 5 stars I have to give 4 stars as Haynes make pretty thorough manuals, 11 Jan. 2016
I have to give 4 stars as Haynes make pretty thorough manuals. Ive had one for every car me or the missus has ever owned and have been a godsend.

Sadly lose one star for the usual being printed on rough/absorbent paper (oil finger prints when you are trying to read something whilst working) and black and white pics make the actual publishing look a bit cheap. If they were coated pages in proper colour you might stand a chance with some of the low contrast pictures.

Buyer beware though, there are 2 prints of the 4147 manual. In the fine print on the back this one doesn't cover the ET3j4 engine... ie 1.4v 16v (with the dohc) so you'll have to use youtube to do any cam/head gasket work (the job i needed it for!)

Bluetooth headphones,Imarku®Sport Bluetooth Wireless Headphone with Bluetooth CSR 4.0 for Sports Wireless Bluetooth Earphones W/Microphone Hands-free Calling, AptX Compatible with Apple iPhone, Android Devices and Tablets (black)

4.0 out of 5 stars and volume over gym ambience seems good. Call quality is excellent with the built in ..., 11 Jan. 2016
Fab! I "needed" some wireless headphones, was looking at the Sonys and was told newer ones coming out soon... so wanted some budget interim ones for the gym until the Sonys get over the initial launch price.

Used these for a few weeks with my phone-I can now use the rowing machine in the gym and not get strangled (or bust my phones) when the cables catch on anything.

Sound is deep and bassy without even seeming to try, and volume over gym ambience seems good. Call quality is excellent with the built in mic: people say they can hear me crystal clear! Easy to use as handsfree and also manage to block out a lot of traffic noise when I'm running/walking.

Not run the batteries out yet as I just plug them in to charge after every use. But have used them for 4-5 hours and they work fine.
Connect really quickly:no hanging around, and if I have music already playing, it is automatically switched to the headset as are calls.

Only downside (-1 star) is that the bespoke ear inserts feel a bit cheap and are a little uncomfortable: I'm not sure how long they will last, and as they are not generic inserts... if I lose one (they have popped off once or twice) I cant just pop a cover on from my other in-ear headphones. Rest of it feel well built and sturdy though.

I'll update this review in a few months after a decent period of use in the gym/outside doing sports.

Zoozio® - 1.5m Heavy Duty Steel & MDF 5 Tier Racking Shelf or Workbench - Massive 750Kg Capacity
Offered by Oypla

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy storage, 19 Dec. 2015
Bought for garage when on offer. Easy to build and v sturdy.Fitted all my power tools and take a lot of weight. Decent purchase

Black Heat Guard Protector for Hair Straighteners fits GHD, Cloud 9, She, FHI
Black Heat Guard Protector for Hair Straighteners fits GHD, Cloud 9, She, FHI
Offered by Ion Originals Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great. Worth every penny, 19 Dec. 2015
Great. Worth every penny. Missus puts these on her ghds and there is no chance of burning the carpet or bed now-or even any issue if she forgets to turn them off.

Crud Road Racer Mk2 Mudguard - Black
Crud Road Racer Mk2 Mudguard - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Good for collecting dust..., 19 Dec. 2015
Whilst a great idea...these are rubbish if your frame has minimal wheel clearance. I've got a fuji sst (IE a vaguely aero frame) and there was no way whatsoever these would fit without rubbing around my brakes. They also flex all over the place and the instructions aren't great. Sadly as I've cut them down (following the instructions in a vain attempt to make them fit) I now can't return them. Waste of £20. :(

Kingsman: The Secret Service
Kingsman: The Secret Service
Dvd

4.0 out of 5 stars I like bond. I like bourne, 30 Nov. 2015
A somewhat tongue-in-cheek spyesque british film. Not amazeballs, but memorable with plenty of variety of characters with their own comedic styles+elements.

I like bond. I like bourne. I did in fact like this film too and would watch it again.

I Cry When I Laugh
I Cry When I Laugh

5.0 out of 5 stars its pretty good., 30 Nov. 2015
This review is from: I Cry When I Laugh (Audio CD)
Bought the CD for the wife's birthday. Must admit the free download means I listen to it now and again and dare I admit: its pretty good.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7