Profile for John Zak > Reviews

John Zak

Sony ICD-PX820 Digital Voice Recorder with Flash 2 GB and MP3
Sony ICD-PX820 Digital Voice Recorder with Flash 2 GB and MP3

5.0 out of 5 stars It's got a fabulous manual, 1 Mar 2011
Its a great little recorder as other reviewers have said but why I am thrilled with it is that it comes with a super manual. The recorder has many features and menues to be worked through, maybe they are intuitive, todays buzz word for "we ain't goin' give you a manual." but I haven't the time or ability to learn all the features. This small manual, small enough for a jacket pocket , is an example of how manuals should be written, for clarity, simplicity of instructions, and anticipation of users queries. My productivity with this device will be enhanced many hundreds of percent because of this manual. Well done Sony!

Underworks BELLY BUSTER! 12-inch Zip-N-Trim Brief Girdle for Men
Underworks BELLY BUSTER! 12-inch Zip-N-Trim Brief Girdle for Men
Offered by Underworks UK
Price: £42.99 - £47.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this useless garment, 15 Feb 2011
What an absolute waste of money this article is!! I have a 47inch waste, with the classic round belly, so I expected the 45-48inch Belly Buster to hold my belly in quite flat, as I can when I use my own muscles to do so. But no, because this article is made of stretch material! It just expands outwards from the pressure of my belly. What idiot designed this! So the laughably named Belly Buster just gives way and moulds itself to the shape of my belly, there is almost neglible pressure from this garment attempting to hold me in. I had expected a struggle to put it on and gasps, al -la Victorian corsetry, as I attempted to zip it up.
No! I did not buy the wrong size; as I have said earlier it's made of ridiculous stretch material.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 25, 2012 3:25 PM GMT

Canon PowerShot A495 Digital Camera - Silver (10MP, 3.3x Optical Zoom) 2.5 Inch TFT Screen

5.0 out of 5 stars A great little camera at this price, 19 Jan 2011
I rarely leave reviews, too lazy, but having just looked at my test pictures I am thrilled with the results. I have had other digital cameras, this is just for quick snaps to cary in my pocket. I can easily believe it was once sold at a much higher price. Had I paid twice the price I would still be dead chuffed with it. It is the very faithful colour reproduction at all zoom settings, including video, that has impressed me together with the sharpness of the lens right out to the edge of the picture, the corners of buildings and brickwork are very clear, the mottling effect on the barks of trees and lichen on stones were clearly picked out as was a variety of coloured lollipops, together with wooly hats and scarves for sale in the street. It is very easy to use. I am a happy snapper not a pro amateur so take my review as you will, but I would recommend this camera to my friends at this price without hesitation.

Essential Grammar in Use with Answers: A Self-Study Reference and Practice Book for Elementary Students of English
by Raymond Murphy

4.0 out of 5 stars Well thought out with lots of practice, 23 Nov 2010
This book appears to cover a great deal of basic grammar with a good tutorial page followed by numerous exercises on that topic. It is colourful and well laid out. As someone embarking upon ESOL it appears to be a very worthwhile book to have.