Profile for I. M. Jones > Reviews

Content by I. M. Jones

I. M. Jones (London United Kingdom)

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars NB this phone is locked to ORANGE, 13 July 2007
Just realised this is an Orange pay as you go so cant be used with other networks.

Condorman [DVD]
Condorman [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Crawford

4.0 out of 5 stars Memories of being 11 years old, 2 Feb. 2007
This review is from: Condorman [DVD] (DVD)
This is such a perfect film for an 11 year old boy. The adventure, comedy, action, cars, lasers, Laser Lady, explosions, animation, gadgets. I had to trawl the world for a copy on VHS (New York finally) then do the same for the DVD (......) and finally on Amazon for a fiver! Thanks Disney for finally giving it to the UK, still impossible to get in the USA. Hopefully one day we can get a spruced up, remastered version with a little of the original promotional material. I used to dream of a Condorman 2 but sadly it was not meant to be. I think this would have been a bigger hit had the lead been a big US star but Michal does a pretty good job despite the dodgy accent and the supporting cast are great. Oliver Reed is pretty scary even now! "Dasvidanya Condorman"

Confessions on a Dance Floor
Confessions on a Dance Floor
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Very strong dance album, 11 Nov. 2005
Hung up is an instant classic but don't let it fool you into thinking the rest of this album is all meaningless dance music. I've been very lucky to get my hands on an advance copy and I must say this is a very strong album indeed. The stand out track by far is 'Sorry' pure and simple a track to make you want to get up and dance. I can't get the darn lyrics out of my head ('Heard it all before, heard it all before' repeated under an astral dance beat). Isaac is also very cool and a little bit spooky. It is hard to choose a 'weak' track but if I had to I'd pick 'Push' which doesn't seem to fit with the flow and tone of the rest of the album. I'm looking forward to December when the special edition comes out with a bonus track. Don't hesitate, buy this album and remember 'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait'!

Guilty Too
Guilty Too

5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome back Babs, 21 Sept. 2005
This review is from: Guilty Too (Audio CD)
Well, this is not what I expected at all. Baz and Babs have delivered a really good AOR album. It is literally Guilty 2 but it feels like a progression. If you can get hold of the Dual Disc version it has the album on one side and a DVD on the other with videos, interviews etc. Really great to see her sing the songs rather than just look at your stereo. Barry compliments her perfectly on all the songs and he goes into dance mode again - finally! There are some fantastic remixes of 'Night of my Life' in the clubs but not in the shops. Look out for them. Very strange hearing a Babs remix in a club, by Junior Vasques no less. Anyway, but it you won't feel guilty for spending your money. Excuse the pun.....

Alcazarized
Alcazarized

5.0 out of 5 stars Nu Disco - Great camp fun, 18 Sept. 2003
This review is from: Alcazarized (Audio CD)
This is like S Club 8 for adults, very catch, very disco, very glitter! Makes you want to go back in time to New York circa 1979 and hang out and dance at Studio 54. The Pet Shop Boys penned 'Love Life' is the best track for me, but all the tracks are great. If you liked their last album this is a must have.
Long live Alcazar!

Panasonic DVD S75EBS Multi-region DVD Player
Panasonic DVD S75EBS Multi-region DVD Player

5.0 out of 5 stars A cheap way to improve your life, 31 July 2003
The time had come to invest in a new player, so one night (after a couple of ales) I stared surfing the Net for a player worth its asking price that could also give me everything I wanted (I blame the ales for my unreasonable demands). The S75 was that player. It's been given top marks across the board in magazine reviews and user reviews alike so I thought I'd give it a go. It has DVD-Audio capability which is a fairly unexplored format but hopefully a growing one. Very easy to use menus and remote which is important for the less experienced user. Picture and sound are perfect and hooking it up was simple. I tried some of my more troublesome disks on it and it had no problems with any of them including one disk that has started to degrade and had become unplayable on my old player and my PC! And last but not least it looks very sexy on my shelf.