Profile for Denny, Reading > Reviews

Content by Denny, Reading

Denny, Reading

Panasonic DMC-TZ30EB-K Compact Camera - Black (14.1MP, 20x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic TZ30 Compact Camera, 30 April 2012
I wanted an alternative to my heavy SLR kit. Although a I had a lot of options to buy, I wanted a good quality "pocket" camera for holiday.
RAW setting was not in my spec. This model can be used in semi, auto or with manual settings.
Without a doubt, the greatest feature of the TZ30 is its Leica DC lens. The IS lens offers a 20x optical zoom, covering a range from an ultra-wide 24mm and zooming in to 480mm at the telephoto end (in 35mm equivalent terms). The lens is supported by Power O.I.S. to help keep images blur-free. The large 14 megapixel MOS sensor and the Intelligent Noise Reduction system in the Venus Engine ensures both photos and Full HD videos are clear with minimal noise, even at dusk. The GPS functionality allows you to automatically record your location when taking a picture and view the map and associated photos directly on the camera. It can be swithced off if required. This helps with battery power, although I have a spare battery "just in case". Thanks to the fast continuous shooting of 10fps and light speed AF of 0.1 seconds, I was able to catch even the most fleeting of photo opportunities. The image quality is outstanding, even in low light conditions. I can thoroughly recommend this camera. The TZ30 is the perfect travelling companion.