Profile for Mrs. K. Brooks > Reviews

Content by Mrs. K. Brooks

Mrs. K. Brooks "Author of 'Between Heaven and Earth' and 'Disturbance.'" (England)

A Jersey Kiss (Jersey Romance Series Book 1)
A Jersey Kiss (Jersey Romance Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic holiday read!, 3 Sept. 2013
This was my chosen holiday read and I was not disappointed. Bea is a well-rounded, interesting character and her relationships with the others had me hooked from chapter 1. The novel's title is a mystery to Bea as she searches for the elsuive 'Jersey Kiss', which has been left to her in her aunt's will. This had me intrigued.

The book is a perfect mix of romance, humour and drama! Loved it!!!

Trauma Junkie
Trauma Junkie

5.0 out of 5 stars Unexpectedly thought provoking and poignant!, 2 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Trauma Junkie (Kindle Edition)
This was not what I expected at all! Firstly, the opening drops the reader straight into the action when you are whizzed along with two paramedics to some very traumatic situations. I liked this but really started to enjoy the book when the characters' personalities and backgrounds began to be revealed. I especially liked the main character, Brian, who is tough, damaged and very sweet. I soon found that I couldn't put it down. The characters all have depth, even the minor ones (e.g Leo and Tilly). The ending was satisfying but seemed to come too soon! I'm ready to read more of Hobbs!

Yours Truly
Yours Truly

5.0 out of 5 stars The best chick lit book I have read in ages..., 31 July 2012
This review is from: Yours Truly (Kindle Edition)
Occasionally I read a book and get so totally lost in it that, not only do I see the events like a film in my mind, but I worry about the characters while I am away. This book had me absolutely hooked. I laughed out loud several times and some of those laughs came from when I was not reading but remembering a line from the book. The characters are all incredibly believable and likeable too! I cannot recommend this book enough. A truly fantastic read!

The Millstone Prophecy
The Millstone Prophecy

5.0 out of 5 stars Food for thought!, 27 July 2012
This is not what I would normally read but after finding it on my Kindle for 77p, I thought I would give it a try. Ultimately, I'm glad I did. The first few chapters were quite harrowing, especially as I instantly warmed to the main protagonist, Dax. As a massive Sherlock Holmes fan, I loved the quirks of Dax's deduction techniques. Just like with the Conan-Doyle stories, I had to re-read through some of these parts to see where Dax had got his clues from, which I liked.

The first twist in the tale comes very early on and surprised me but that just set the pace for a novel full of intrigue. I particularly liked the character of Janet - In fact, she was my favourite. Being feisty and assertive, she often acted as a catalyst for events.

I would certainly buy future novels with these characters in.

Dead Cells (The Dead Series Book 1)
Dead Cells (The Dead Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Millard is a great discovery!, 27 Jun. 2012
I had this downloaded to my Kindle for a little over a pound: Bargain! From the start I was hooked. The characters are interesting, some are likeable, others I enjoyed hating. The main character, Shane, is developed so that you genuinely care about his safety and are with him every step of the way as he makes his way through the gory scenes within the prison. The ending was left on a cliff-hanger, which I hope means there might be a follow up novel!

The Demon King
The Demon King

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive!, 11 Mar. 2012
This review is from: The Demon King (Kindle Edition)
While I was reading this novella, I was completely absorbed. When I wasn't reading it, I was wishing I was! Not many books hook me like this. I could imagine this making an amazing film. The characters were original and enticing. I found myself falling just a little bit in love with The Demon King!

Retishella and the Pocket Shell
Retishella and the Pocket Shell
by Linda Bond

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful read!, 8 Mar. 2012
This was written by my eight year old son, James:
Retishella and the Pocket Shell is a very exciting, adventurous and an action packed story. It is all about a mermaid who finds a big, beautiful shell which is not all it seems. The best part was when she encounters the sneaky people. I found the character Retishella very friendly and helpful. I hope that I can read the next books in the series. Keep on writing Linda Bond!

Don't Close Your Eyes (Stephanie Chalice Thrillers Book 1)
Don't Close Your Eyes (Stephanie Chalice Thrillers Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars An exciting, racy read!, 22 Jan. 2012
As a big fan of crime fiction, this is exactly my kind of thing. Stephanie is a feisty, sexy cop without fear when it comes to her job. The setting description is subtly enveloping and the action is quick paced. For such a cheap buy, this is well worth a read!